Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 PW Hall of Fame Nominee Announcement: Voting's Reopen!

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2017 PW Hall of Fame Nominee Announcement: Voting's Reopen!

WMS: "Welcome everyone - and thank you for joining me for the reveal of the ten remaining candidates for this years PW Hall of Fame class. A staggering 34 different posters were voted on at least one ballot, but, alas, we had to whittle things down to the ten posters who received the most voting points. Joining me in announcing the select ten, here at the podium tonight, are nine of PW's finest. We have five members of the HOF while the other half are current moderators. Please give a warm hand to mikec, EasyRider, Froggy, RT, HR, LS, Oncall, Lony and, last but not least, Raven*!

I'll start proceedings by introducing our first candidate for 2017. He's a man that is very much part of the older breed of PW, but his name still lives long in the memory. Synonymous with starting many of his posts with a , we'll hopefully be waving MonsooN into this years class. A true gentlemen, I've had the pleasure of meeting SooNy in real life on a couple of occasions, and he's every bit as classy as his posting style suggests. SooNs was one of the finest contributors we've ever had in Off-Topic, and I feel it's no coincidence that this subby hasn't been the force it once was many years ago, since he stopped posting full-time on PW. Of course, there's many other factors, but SooNy's lack of presence is definitely one of them for me. He's no stranger to making it this close to becoming an inducted Hall of Famer, having come so close in the past, but 2017 is the year of MonsooN. It's the year I hope you join me in voting to ensure a PW legend finally makes the Hall his rightful home."

mikec: "You know the feeling when a post is so good it makes you double-check who posted it because you just have to know who posted that? If I kept a list of the number of times I'd done that in the fifteen years I've been here, ThreedyPee would be so far ahead no one else would have a chance. She's always kind, always funny, and somehow never wastes a post, and she's an excellent nominee for the PW Hall of Fame."

EasyRider: "Many great names have graced PW through the years, but only a handful have had the profound effect in multiple forums as the man I've been asked to present. From the wrestling forums where he may best be known for his long stint as a TNA Forum Mod, to his thought-provoking debates in World Issues, to his extensive knowledge of comics, especially on his guys Green Lantern Corps member Kyle Rayner and fellow hero, Superboy, he's been a leading member of The Nerdery and the nFo. With those accolades alone, he's HoF worthy, but when you consider his run and all his efforts in the Fan Fic Forum, he ascends to an even higher level.

I've known him and had the honor of posting with him for well beyond a decade. He's been a friend and a teammate in times of need. Few may remember it now, but he was one of five brave nFo members who conquered the previously unbeatable nWoPW back in the early days of PW WM. He's a hardworking, family man. He'll always be the first to stand up for doing the right thing. He's a fellow fan of my favorite actor, John Wayne.

Ladies and gentlemen of PW, whether you know him by his longtime PW name, or simply his initials, KJ, I proudly present to you for consideration to be inducted as a part of the PW HoF class of 2017, Kid Jericho!"

Froggy: "It's my absolute pleasure to say just a few words about the man who, in my absolutely honest opinion, is, hands-down; the finest poster PW has ever been fortunate enough to call one of its own. A founding member and long-term champion of the World Issues forum, an absolute beast when it came to discussing the art of boxing, as informed a guy as you're ever likely to meet, and armed with a brilliant, razor-sharp wit; Sun God was a cut above the rest, and absolutely modest about it as well. When you saw a thread had been contributed to by Sun God, you made sure you read it - he was the best, and I'm delighted to have been able to have posted with him for as long as I did.

The PW Hall of Fame is absolutely incomplete without Sun God. It's where he belongs, and we need to make that happen."

RT: "Every time we do this Hall of Fame thing, we're faced with a tough decision. We're handed a bunch of names for consideration and we all say "Well, they all deserve to be in! What am I to do with this?"

Not this year, at least not for me. WMS is getting a vote from me, plain and simple.

WMS has been going strong on PW for over a decade and he's only 25. He's been a standup guy since day one. He's someone that anyone on PW could converse with or rely on for a favour. Whether it be advice on a fed up in Fan Fic or having a chat about the Premier League in TBG or anything in-between, WMS is all-in every time, no matter what. If you ask him for help, you get it. If you need a private ear for a personal matter, he'll be there, no judgment, no hesitation.

I've been a mod alongside WMS in various parts of the forum for some time, but we've got along even before that. There's a handful of people on PW that I've never met face-to-face yet still consider friends, and WMS is one of those people. I can say with confidence that he's someone who if we ever crossed paths and met for the first time it'd be like old friends catching up, and I feel like he presents himself that way to even the newest members of the forum. He cares that the forum is a fun, inclusive place for anyone that wants to be here and has ever since he himself stepped foot in the door. For that reason and a million others, he should be in the HoF."

HR: "For a long time moderating the WWE forum was the one mob job that no one really wanted or cared to do, despite the fact that it was essentially the reason that all of us were here on PW to begin with. That's why, on top of his quality posting contribution over many years now, Matt's more than deserving of Hall of Fame consideration. He's been a level-headed and fair ambassador for that forum where it's always been the most difficult to remain that way, and that's because he leads by his posting example with well thought out, eloquent and astute contributions rather than sheer authority. Described as "underrated" more than once in the candidate consideration thread, it's time to set that straight and rate him more accurately; highly and famously."

LS: "Champ is one of the most important contributors to PW of all time. If he wasn't the first one to get a specific discussion started, he was definitely the one to jump in and get that discussion rolling. Many would say Champ was the franchise player of the WWE section, and that's true - his passion, fandom and loyalty for all-things WWE made that section of our forum shine bright. But simply stating Champ's love for the WWE section is an understatement; Champ was the heart and soul of PW, and so much of our forum's success and memories involved him. Whether it was the WWE forum blossoming with spirited debates; classic Off-Topic threads; or enthusiastic promos and storylines in the 'OT Sticky Bin' for PW WrestleMania, Champ made a lasting impression on our forum. Champ was someone who made PW a better place every day that he posted here, making him more than deserving for our Hall of Fame."

Oncall: "I was asked to write a little piece about Todd and just being asked to do it, put a little smile on my face. Todds a great chap, I can't think of anyone on PW who dislikes him for any reason, a fair chunk of people might have one person that can't stand them, some of our more notorious posters have more but no-one I know has a bad word to say about the guy.

Todd is a wise head on moderately young shoulders, i've got 2 years on him yet i'd comfortably claim he's wiser then me, his knowledge is not only complete, it's vast and varied, i've learnt a lot extra about tennis and Arsenal in particular thanks to Todd, i'd bet he'd make a pretty damn good Jeopardy contestant.

In my time on PW, i've really learnt a lot from Todd, he mightn't post as much as he used to but when he does, you just know it's going to be quality and that you'll find yourself nodding in agreement. I haven't even got into everything he's done for PW as a moderator, he was in the trenches of the WWE forum when it was truly a battlefield, that alone is deserving of so much respect and his nomination for the PW Hall of Fame."

Lony: "When WMS asked if I could do a write up for this nominee, I was hesitant to say yes at first, not because I don't think he belongs in the PW Hall of Fame (he does), but because in all honestly, I don't think I could do him enough justice (and I probably won't). Anyway's, Ness is a guy who I've had the pleasure of interacting with, both on and off of PW, for over a decade now, a guy who I have the utmost respect for, and someone I gladly call a friend. When it comes to the forums, though, Ness is known for his contributions to both of the Fan Fic forum and The Nerdery.

While the majority of fanfic projects use real life wrestlers, Ness went against the grain and instead based his work off of the Super Smash Bros. video game franchise, eventually earning himself a spot in the fanfic Hall of Fame due to his hard work and dedication to the forum. The Nerdery, though, is where he first started getting noticed on PW, playing a major role in helping to get anime discussion off the ground, in a forum that was at the time, all about comic books, a role that would see him get promoted to Nerdery moderator for a time."

Raven*: "The man, the myth, the legend. The poster I am talking about is none other than Blindy. Whether you have been on PW for ten years or in the last week, you must like have had an interaction with him. Before it was a thing and during the peak of the Sports Empire, his name was synonymous with the sports sub-forums. When you thought the Sports Empire, you thought of Blindy. His presence is now felt throughout the entire forum. What sets him apart from the rest is how unapologetic he is about his opinion and tastes that stray from the norm. In a world that has the occasional group think, more people like him are needed. Love him or hate him, he is Blindsided."
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 PW Hall of Fame Nominee Announcement: Voting's Reopen!

The next stage is here - thank you for your patience, PW.

The rules are simple:

You have one week to get your next ballot to me. In this ballot, you're only allowed to send me three of the aforementioned nominees. You must once again rank your nominees in order of preference. If you don't order them, I'll automatically order them in the order you've sent them to me. Voting will close 8th March at midnight.

Remember, you must only vote the following names:

MonsooN, ThreedyPee, Kid Jericho, Sun God, WMS, Matt, The Champ, Todd, Ness, Blindy
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four of my five original nominations made it (Holzhammer is the odd poster out)... having said that, a great group of posters all around.

I'll have my nominations sent to you in a few @WMS.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    Skull Man, The Reflection

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All five of my made it - stunned.

Gonna be tough deciding on which three to go for.
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legit honored to even make it to the phase, great cast of names out there. Can't even be mad if I don't make the cut, no shame in that.

Thank you to all for the votes and big ups to my boy Raven for the kind words. As always from Raven, classy and awesome.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my nominees made it this year.

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@EasyRider ... thanks for the kind words, my friend.

Honored to be nominated; thanks everyone.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All five of my nominees made the final ten. Everyone at this stage is more than deserving of making the hall of fame. I'll have to think over my final three picks for this year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to get my nominations in, but that's a good list. Will send my choices shortly.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the nomination guys, and thanks to HR for the very kind words. Happy to see that three of my nominations made the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

It's actually Doctor Whom

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what a collection of posters to choose from! I've sent my choices in.
    - HOF 2013 -

- Be good. -

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys only have a few more days to get your ballots to me. Please make your vote, the higher turnout the better.
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tallying is complete! The final line-up isn't what I'd have predicted at all, but they're deserving, as any of the ten candidates would have been. Bit of a statistic to add intrigue: the most popular voted poster from the last ballot (stage one) hasn't made the cut. This poster had more voting points than anyone last time around, but this wasn't the case this stage.

All will be revealed in the next week or two. Need to get around to arranging speeches and what not.

Keep your eyes peeled, folks!
    Man of the world.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the voting this year, sorry everyone. Great choices though. Good luck to all.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like this whole thing is a popularity contest; there are 2 names that I see immediately on there, that are very questionable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    It seems like this whole thing is a popularity contest; there are 2 names that I see immediately on there, that are very questionable.
    If you have nothing of any real worth to add, then please refrain from adding your negative thoughts in this thread. If you have any ideas or substance to your "popularity contest" comments then PM me on what makes you think that.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which names? I want to know if it's anyone I voted for so I can vote for them again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    If you have nothing of any real worth to add, then please refrain from adding your negative thoughts in this thread. If you have any ideas or substance to your "popularity contest" comments then PM me on what makes you think that.
    If you're actually willing to talk about this with an open mind, then please respond to my PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amazed it took so long for a thinly-veiled "why didn't I get nominated?" post.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're actually willing to talk about this with an open mind, then please respond to my PM.
    I'm more than willing. I'll reply now as I've been at work, then out of the house all day.

Also, for anyone wondering when this will be up, I'm aiming to post the ceremony a week today, before I go to Dublin. Cheers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I'm amazed it took so long for a thinly-veiled "why didn't I get nominated?" post.
    Well, for me he deserves a spot on some hall of fame. He is afterall the first person I blocked on PW in my 15 years here.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I say he has a valid point. There is no real criterion. Let him talk. It is a popularity contest. So be it. It's not negative inherently. It is what it is. Not like there are standards and procedures.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    I say he has a valid point. There is no real criterion. Let him talk. It is a popularity contest. So be it. It's not negative inherently. It is what it is. Not like there are standards and procedures.
    It actually is negative ... and cowardly when he says he sees two questionable names but doesn't even have the balls to be direct about it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    It actually is negative ... and cowardly when he says he sees two questionable names but doesn't even have the balls to be direct about it.
    And unless you have posted in every single sub forum all of this time, how does one determine how someone is questionable in the first place?

That's like me saying England is a terrible country to visit/reside in when I have never even went to the place.

Different strokes for different folks as they say, i'm just happy to even be on this list. Not even lying about that. 13+ years of dedication to this website as my primary and maybe a good 50,000 posts altogether committed to this site prior to the board wipe out in 2006.....and still going strong!
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    I've reached out to him via PM, happy to hear him speak.

Thread Information