Thread: Jack Swagger released by WWE

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jack Swagger released by WWE

I'd give the time used on Strowman to Swagger and the time on Reigns to Rhodes. And I'm cool with your assessment of Goldberg's time to Barrett.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I'd give the time used on Strowman to Swagger and the time on Reigns to Rhodes. And I'm cool with your assessment of Goldberg's time to Barrett.
    LOL. Rhodes, Barrett and Swagger all had their times respectively. They did not tremendously succeed in those roles(they did however have their moments). But in no way were/are they more valuable than Reigns/Strowman and definitely not more valuable than Goldberg. That just funny.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting, because Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes were around the WWE for 11 years.

To put things into perspective, how many people were working for the WWF in both 1990 and 2001? The Undertaker..

And another point, of all these guys to dick around in the WWE system for so long, Swagger, Barrett, Rhodes, etc these guys were more or less born and breed ' WWE Superstars ' and in turn, they were good, but never great.

The top guys to really ascend to the main event over the last 6 or 7 years came from the independents, Japan, TNA.. Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Styles, Owens, and potentially Nakamura. Developmental was a matter of fine tuning.

If Swagger, Barrett and Rhodes had 10 years of independent experience, they may be entirely different workers.

And I love the fact Cody is doing this, because when he comes back to the WWE, and I bet my bottom dollar he will - he will be a much better performer.
    Last edited by nath45; 03-20-2017 at 04:36 AM.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    LOL. Rhodes, Barrett and Swagger all had their times respectively. They did not tremendously succeed in those roles(they did however have their moments). But in no way were/are they more valuable than Reigns/Strowman and definitely not more valuable than Goldberg. That just funny.
    What do I care about their value? I'm basing it off who I'd rather see in that time.

But speaking on value... no matter how hard they push Strowman, he is never going to sell tickets. And Goldberg is gone in another month. The only wrestler that has any potential for any real value is Reigns. And it just comes to personal preference. I just don't like the guy.
    Last edited by Jeff; 03-20-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swagger screwed himself multiple times. Barrett was just too often injured.

Cody, on the other hand, took everything they gave him, and absolutely ran with it. Whether it was being Dashing, Undashing, Mustachioed, fighting for his family, or Stardust, Cody knocked everything he did out of the park. Not his fault they never tried to give him that big chance to see if he could truly swim.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz

Cody, on the other hand, took everything they gave him, and absolutely ran with it. Whether it was being Dashing, Undashing, Mustachioed, fighting for his family, or Stardust, Cody knocked everything he did out of the park. Not his fault they never tried to give him that big chance to see if he could truly swim.
    He certainly did. Always joked that w/ the stache he looked like Raymond Rougeau.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was super pumped when he started his feud with Triple H and the Authority. Really thought that was his moment. Seemed like the fans were really behind him as well. Hopefully this isn't the end of his time with WWE and he can use his time in the Indys to make his brand more valuable to the WWE.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Exactly what value does Goldberg have? I don't want to hear about a Wrestlemania "main event". That slot should have been filled by much more deserving people than Lesnar who makes 5 million a year to work a handful of dates and yet has no real leverage in contract negotiations to make that kind of money. Where is he going to go? UFC? If that bridge didn't burn last summer than it will be rebuilt on blood/urine screens clear of steroids. New Japan is good for a $500,000 counter offer to WWE ridiculous Lesnar deal. What about Goldberg? The guy who has had two career injuring squashes without all the allure and drama that came with his 1998 squashes. Trust me, 5 minutes into Goldberg/Lesnar match at Wrestlemania, the Mcmahons will wish they didn't push this thing. Actually, I give them too much credit. When an audience craps on their product, they only hear cheers. When the audience chants C..M....Punk, the Mcmahons hear Donald.....Trump or this......is....great. When it comes to Goldberg and Lesnar, its like the Mcmahons have lost their minds and all sense of the business they have built.
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 03-21-2017 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazz View Post

He was offered nearly a million a year in contract extensions and like Ryback, he didn't like the WWE controlling him. Those gimmicks were his call, he should have waited and see if he would be something post brand split because he would have been a potential top heel on SD at a time where after Miz, Wyatt and Corbin, they are lacking heels since Ziggler's not a thought on the show.

He seemed hellbent on allowing his wife to embarrass herself in the ring too.

Currently Playing:
    Manhunt(PS3), Rocket League(PS4)

Thread Information