Thread: Beth Phoenix entering the Hall of Fame

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beth Phoenix entering the Hall of Fame

Confirmed by WWE.com today.

Thoughts? Is she/her career deserving? Were you a fan of the Glamazon?

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Beth Phoenix entering the Hall of Fame

Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

All women that should be in before Beth.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beth is definitely one of the girls from her era who I would choose for the Hall of Fame, but I can't help but think how much better her career/legacy could have been had WWE's booking been better.

I think 2008 was her peak in terms of her character and storylines - the breakup feud with Melina, followed up the Glamarella partnership, were all enjoyable. Those two angles are also good examples of her range, as one was a heated feud with some physicality while the other was a more comedic role.

Her face run when she moved to SmackDown was pretty good too.

Divas of Doom was an absolute disaster - which is a shame because I think if her and Nattie's characters + the storyline were all not so horrible, the team could have actually made a mark as heels and helped bring some new interest into the division. Instead it had the opposite effect and was just plain bad, with embarrassing and horrible writing. I've always maintained they should have feuded with the Chickbusters instead of being so heavily involved with Kelly Kelly, which would have 1) produced better matches and 2) added even more substance to AJ going psycho on Kaitlyn during the Daniel Bryan saga the following year.

In terms of her matches, I'd say two of her best were Vengeance 2011 with Eve Torres and the Tables match with Natalya against LayCool at TLC 2010.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're someone that's very concerned about the history of women's wrestling, Beth Phoenix in the Hall of Fame is probably a headscratcher.

If you get that Beth is probably in good graces with the company, and WWE probably feels like they need to fill a quota, this makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Edge or Nattie induct her?

Edge must have some pull. Taker can't even get his wife in the WWE HOF, The Undertaker!

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

Vickie Guerrero should have been the diva pick this year even if she wasn't a wrestler.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

Sable, Chyna, and Luna Vachon as well. Even Molly Holly and Victoria.

Honestly, this doesn't make sense to me. Way too soon.

_

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think this is a good move. Clearly chyna won't be a first choice into the halll fame cos of Steph and hunter

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AJ Lee did more in a year for women in the WWE than anyone else in the last 10, and is nowhere to be found. We know the reasons, so I have a theory, that eventually, everyone on good terms with the WWE will be inducted.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

Lauper should really go in, considering she was the first big celeb in WWE during their rise in the mid 80s.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant. View Post
    Sable, Chyna, and Luna Vachon as well. Even Molly Holly and Victoria.

Honestly, this doesn't make sense to me. Way too soon.
    This. Every woman named so far in this thread should have gotten in before Beth. Melina as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She didn't have a bad career but a lot of women should have went in before her. I would have had Chyna, Sable, Melina, Mickie James, Vickie, and many others. In fact all I really remember about her career was how badly she was booked. The Divas of Doom who had a rough time being the amazing combo of Kelly Kelly and Eve.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that perhaps it was too soon and i think the likes of Sable, Chyna & co should be in there first.

That being said I do think she deserves to be in there (wether it be this year or in 20!) because she sticks out from that era of being different and really making something of what wasn't a great time for womans wrestling. She wasn't your typical model-dive and she did have an amazing presence and look and character and some great matches (with Melina, Eve Torres & Candice predominatley) as well as some passable PPV matches with Kelly (Kellys best i'd say) and a couple of chills-provoking moments with Trish.

It's a shame she's not around now as she would fit with the current crop of woman (and do a better job in that role than the likes of Tamina and Nia).

Well done and congrats to her and here's hoping some of the other woman of before her time do indeed get a chance at the HOF going forward.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyndi Lauper
    Miss Elizabeth
    Bull Nakano
    Ivory

This right here could be a HoF class by its self.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'd also put Mike McGuirk in the Hall, as she was the first female ring announcer in the WWE. Without her, there'd be no Lillian, Eden, or Jojo.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Beth is definitely one of the girls from her era who I would choose for the Hall of Fame, but I can't help but think how much better her career/legacy could have been had WWE's booking been better.

I think 2008 was her peak in terms of her character and storylines - the breakup feud with Melina, followed up the Glamarella partnership, were all enjoyable. Those two angles are also good examples of her range, as one was a heated feud with some physicality while the other was a more comedic role.

Her face run when she moved to SmackDown was pretty good too.

Divas of Doom was an absolute disaster - which is a shame because I think if her and Nattie's characters + the storyline were all not so horrible, the team could have actually made a mark as heels and helped bring some new interest into the division. Instead it had the opposite effect and was just plain bad, with embarrassing and horrible writing. I've always maintained they should have feuded with the Chickbusters instead of being so heavily involved with Kelly Kelly, which would have 1) produced better matches and 2) added even more substance to AJ going psycho on Kaitlyn during the Daniel Bryan saga the following year.

In terms of her matches, I'd say two of her best were Vengeance 2011 with Eve Torres and the Tables match with Natalya against LayCool at TLC 2010.
    Agreed completely! The booking for the girls was horrible for most of her stint which is a complete shame because she could've been so much bigger than what she was. But they think she did enough to be in the HOF, so it's whatever I guess.

Divas of Doom could've been an iconic duo had everything been booked correctly. It actually upsets me when I look back because we've had about a whole decade wasted. A decade of endless missed opportunties. So many girls had the potential to be future hall of famers but would never be considered because of awful booking. There were so many missed opportunities with storylines, and matches. I will never understand why they never wanted to push their women as bad ass wrestlers, and performers. I understand them wanting to look good, but why wouldn't you want them to be these badass chicks in the ring. It made absolutely zero sense, and it's just a damn shame.
    Last edited by Mikie91; 02-28-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Thread Information