Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Matt and Jeff Hardy will NOT be signing new deals with Impact Wrestling, and it’s reportedly because the brothers felt disrespected during contract talks.

Sources are reporting The Hardys agreed to terms on a new TNA deal back in December, but requested a few minor changes, and were simply waiting for the finalized offer.

The deal was supposed to be for 1-year, but weeks and weeks passed, with Matt constantly checking in, but they were consistently given the run around.

Eventually Matt and Jeff’s lawyer informed Impact Wrestling officials that they wanted a creative control clause written into their new deals, but that was shot down immediately. One source claims the Hardy’s lawyer told Ed Nordholm of Anthem Sports & Entertainment there was interest from other companies and he responded by saying, “Well, tell them to go to WWE then.”

This set Jeff Hardy off, who at that point said he was no longer interested in re-signing. Matt continued talks, but when they sent a new contract last week it was now a 2-year deal and terms had been snuck in which stated they’d receive 10% of all his profits outside of Impact.

Matt’s lawyer said he’d be a fool to sign, so he informed the company he wasn’t interested in doing so, but would still come to the tapings to write off his characters. However, he was told he was crazy to think they’d want him on TV without a contact.

Impact Wrestling officials are reportedly trying to get their tag titles back.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Source?
    Bring back the fourth wall

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orginally facebook, alot of sites are talking about the same thing about an hour ago

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was right from the article from ProWrestlingSheet.com

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/bro.../#.WLSD8vnyiHt
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a couple sources through Google. Wrestlezone, Cageside Seats, and 411Mania are all saying pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure if I would buy into it, as it seems this happens every time either of their contracts come up. I guess we'll see though. Should be interesting.

http://http://www.wrestlezone.com/ne...uture-and-more
    What's up PW users? Check out my band, if you like!
    www.facebook.com/throneofedenband

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

originally i found out by facebook, and found different articles and that was one of them

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if Anthem is at fault for being less than professional or not. It's the trying to get back their belts that bothers me. Like they're second rate or something.

Maybe it's not a big deal if the Hardy's leave. Anthem has to build an entire wrestling company nearly from scratch. It's not like they can do it with just the Hardy's so if they can't? If they're gonna be just as incompetent as Dixie was? Who cares what their roster looks like.

But either way, take a moment to think about this. We're all freaking out, hoping the Hardy's don't leave ...

When just a little while back we were bitching about Matt Hardy winning the TNA world title.

Wrestling is funny. Blink and you miss things.

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.
    Literally NOTHING will affect TNA's ratings. And now, the one that that was universally praised by people watching TNA is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how many times people have left TNA while holding Titles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt confirms it on Twitter.
    @MattHARDYBRAND
    My stint with @IMPACTWRESTLING was DELIGHTFUL. EXCEPTIONAL talent & locker room. A great, respectful team that worked hard in tough times.
    @MattHARDYBRAND
    I wish @IMPACTWRESTLING all the best going forward, especially the INDUSTRIOUS talent. I hope they're all treated with respect & fairness.

Unless something major changes over the next two days, current TNA Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy are set to leave the company, according to PWInsider.

Similar to the situation that saw current Impact Grand Champion Drew Galloway leave this week, The Hardys did not physically receive new contracts until just a few weeks before their current deals were set to expire. A source blamed the late arrival on the change-over from TNA's former parent company to Anthem Media. The brothers were reportedly not happy with the last-minute and rushed nature, and with some of the language in the contract. The two sides reportedly verbally agreed to new terms back in December 2016.

Matt has had "extreme creative control" over the "Broken" storylines on TNA TV and that likely would not have continued under the new TNA creative regime of Jeff Jarrett.

The new deals being offered to talents reportedly include a clause that would require talents to have outside appearances approved by the company, and would require the talent to pay TNA 10% of their earnings from that event. Another source stated that a "big money offer" was made to The Hardys one that would have seen them be one of the top paid, if not the top paid act, in the company, but if they didn't want to sign then it was time to move on. It's believed that The Hardys do not want to leave TNA as the schedule and the ability for Matt to travel with his family was a major benefit. Matt's wife Reby Sky has been signed to her own deal but she would likely leave with him, if that's what happens.

The Hardys have offered to come to this week's Impact tapings in Orlando to drop the titles but as of this afternoon no agreement had been reached.

This adds to the speculation that The Hardys may be returning to WWE. We do know that WWE has been interested in bringing the former WWE Tag Team Champions back.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net9
    I reckon the part about paying TNA 10% to work independent events would do it for me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean praised by people not watching TNA? Because the people watching still have Lashley, Allie and Rosemary are all beloved by the fans as well.

Unfortunately Broken Matt wasn't getting those fans to tune in regularly. So while it may seem like a big deal, if Anthem play their cards right, it really shouldn't matter.

I wonder if Shane Helms, Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett will hang around?

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    You mean praised by people not watching TNA? Because the people watching still have Lashley, Allie and Rosemary are all beloved by the fans as well.

Unfortunately Broken Matt wasn't getting those fans to tune in regularly. So while it may seem like a big deal, if Anthem play their cards right, it really shouldn't matter.

I wonder if Shane Helms, Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett will hang around?
    Financially it's not a bad thing. The Hardys would be on higher end contracts in TNA terms, they could save some cash - invest in some decent mid-card talent, but fuck me, I doubt I could sit through more Lashley / EC3 programs - they're in a tough spot, they still need to hire a draw-card or two.

I'd take a stab and say, the top players on the independents are Bullet Club - and that won't happen for TNA.

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and at least this incentivizes them to do just that.

And really outside of those heavily edited matches, the Hardys were not a fun team to watch in the ring.

The roster needed a shake-up and losing a guy that's been around since 2010 and probably hurt the company more than he's helped may actually be a blessing in a disguise.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Literally NOTHING will affect TNA's ratings. And now, the one that that was universally praised by people watching TNA is gone.
    The sole reason for me to care at all about TNA now is Kingston. And despite my love for him, I just cannot force myself to watch shit solely for him.

And of course TNA is freaking out about the belts. The Hardyz do not have a no compete clause meaning Vince could have had them on air last night throwing down the belts ECW style.

Reby's tweets have been hilarious. Matt is being really civil and professional and she is shit talking non-stop.

And yeah, I cannot see a world where The Bucks work TNA and not WWE now.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Apparently not as praised as people think as the E forum here is shitting on the gimmick.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    mI reckon the part about paying TNA 10% to work independent events would do it for me.

This is more or less what happened a few years back, when TNA wanted all of their guys who were doing Indie Dates elsewhere, to book those dates through TNA management, and not let the wrestler themselves do it, which i guess the reason for doing this was 1) To control X talent(s) and 2) To take a small percentage of X Talent(s) booking fee's.

The way it's going end up is, that the wrestlers who do wrestle elsewhere, that TNA have not got leverage over (or links to that promotion) will up sticks, and sever their ties with them.
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quit watching TNA because how much I HATED the Broken Hardy angle, but every once in a while I'd see a clip posted somewhere on Facebook or Youtube. I've got to say, the more I watched, the more interesting it was. Matt went waaaaaaaay out on a ledge with the gimmick and it paid off for him. I never thought I'd see Matt more over than Jeff. I can't see him going back to the normal "Stronger Than Death" Matt Hardy again.
    What's up PW users? Check out my band, if you like!
    www.facebook.com/throneofedenband

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Matt Hardy was the best thing TNA had going for it, and it was pretty much the only reason I watched...

Do you think they're headed to the WWE? If so, I hope it's with the "broken" gimmick. That'd be so awesome.

However, I bet it would be Team Xtreme.

WWE really needs to learn how to re-invent characters. Dudley Boys were a perfect example of this. They eveolved their characters in TNA, then they return to the WWE as "2000" Dudley Boys. They came across as shells of their former selves. But if it was the Bully Ray character, it may have gotten over.
    Last edited by CellWaters; 02-28-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say one last run as the normal Hardy Boys and a HOF slot next year.

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I talked about it in the superthread, I think it was a foolish move by anthem. TNA has had poor ratings for a long time and with the kind of tapings they had you couldn't really expect much. The production quality was low and the dead impact zone made watching TNA rather boring. But the only thing to look forward for me were the Hardys and the Broken universe. With added budget and probably a better roster, TNA would have been better off with Hardys on their side because Matt was the guy bringing buzz to the company and was actually creative enough to try something so different and actually pull it off. Matt had made TNA different, something with an identity and anthem should have had the sense to play on it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stated in another thread that TNA needed to change their business model if they wanted to have any kind of success. I listed two options. The first option was that the company features a ton of top international talent with a constant influx of talent never before seen in the USA. Fans could get used to seeing new talent every week and those that receive the best responses could be brought back. This would require a good working relationship with smaller companies around the world. Option two is to have a more storyline focused company with outlandish sci-fi plots. Think CHIKARA with much better production values.

It appears IMPACT went with option number one except instead of developing a working relationship with other companies, they want to cipher money off them.

Perhaps a more reality based formula would work. They should have a manager and wrestler representing the "TNA creditors". He could wrestle and lose a "loser leaves TNA match" to Lashley. He then returns as a masked wrestler called EL Bankruptcy that wins the world title. His catch phrase could be, "When you think of IMPACT, you think of Bankruptcy!"

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    I stated in another thread that TNA needed to change their business model if they wanted to have any kind of success. I listed two options. The first option was that the company features a ton of top international talent with a constant influx of talent never before seen in the USA. Fans could get used to seeing new talent every week and those that receive the best responses could be brought back. This would require a good working relationship with smaller companies around the world. Option two is to have a more storyline focused company with outlandish sci-fi plots. Think CHIKARA with much better production values.

It appears IMPACT went with option number one except instead of developing a working relationship with other companies, they want to cipher money off them.

Perhaps a more reality based formula would work. They should have a manager and wrestler representing the "TNA creditors". He could wrestle and lose a "loser leaves TNA match" to Lashley. He then returns as a masked wrestler called EL Bankruptcy that wins the world title. His catch phrase could be, "When you think of IMPACT, you think of Bankruptcy!"
    Simply not sustainable. TNA for a long time, did continually showcase 'international' talent - they famously had the X-Division open door policy, and a number of Super-X Cups, etc. And whatever that horrible X-Factor style thing they did with Al Snow & Tazz when they graded matches, etc. They had a number of partnerships over the years with international brands.

The problem is, this is a company looking for longevity, and while they have achieved that, they have yet to have any growth. They are no bigger than they were over 15 years ago. You need people to invest in your product, by investing in the talent, in the stories. We sometimes forget, the match itself is sometimes secondary to the story behind it.

The answer is in development. I used Seth Rollins as an example years ago. If TNA had signed Tyler Black, he'd be on the show the following week, probably X-Division champion within a month, and he'd completely plateau is terms of character, psychology, etc. He'd be just another spot monkey.

The WWE has a better future thanks to its investment into development, it's a model - create new talent, development new talent - TNA's model is, wait for the apples to fall from the WWE tree, sign, repeat. Take a brief look at the 21 men to hold the TNA belt - how many were established in either WWE, TNA or ROH first, and how many were ' home grown ' ?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    Simply not sustainable. TNA for a long time, did continually showcase 'international' talent - they famously had the X-Division open door policy, and a number of Super-X Cups, etc. And whatever that horrible X-Factor style thing they did with Al Snow & Tazz when they graded matches, etc. They had a number of partnerships over the years with international brands.

The problem is, this is a company looking for longevity, and while they have achieved that, they have yet to have any growth. They are no bigger than they were over 15 years ago. You need people to invest in your product, by investing in the talent, in the stories. We sometimes forget, the match itself is sometimes secondary to the story behind it.

The answer is in development. I used Seth Rollins as an example years ago. If TNA had signed Tyler Black, he'd be on the show the following week, probably X-Division champion within a month, and he'd completely plateau is terms of character, psychology, etc. He'd be just another spot monkey.

The WWE has a better future thanks to its investment into development, it's a model - create new talent, development new talent - TNA's model is, wait for the apples to fall from the WWE tree, sign, repeat. Take a brief look at the 21 men to hold the TNA belt - how many were established in either WWE, TNA or ROH first, and how many were ' home grown ' ?
    I know they have toyed with these ideas in the past. I literally mean toyed as they half assed every partnership. They took a top talent from New Japan and made him Samoa Joe's lackey. I think they mentioned AAA one time on TV when Jeff Jarret showed the AAA belt to Hogan in a backstage segment. That is not the kind of partnerships I'm talking about. Talent development is a nice idea that works well for the WWE. However, the WWE didn't make it to the big time with "homegrown" talent. Vince pilfered top talent from all the regional companies. The WWE is still taking top talent from everyone and now a good number of top guys are "TNA" guys. It would be stupid to not sign a recognizable talent that is a free agent just because he has the stigma of another company on him. that would be like the Cleveland Browns not making an offer to free agent Tom Brady because he is a "New England" guy.
    Anyway, your idea about developing talent is fine, but i don't think there is room for another big traditional wrestling company. They need a product that is out the box. Look at Lucha Underground. Some of their main guys are local talent with a nice looking mask and damn good presentation. That is thinking outside the box.

BTW, I actually liked that "x-factor" style angle with prospects. It needed some tweaking, however, that segment was responsible for putting Joey Ryan over. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is completely subjective.
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 03-04-2017 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost in this story, about the Hardys leaving ...

Is the fact that Anthem didn't want to have guys who weren't under contract being on TV.

I know that by that logic you wouldn't want them holding your tag belts either ... ahaha.

But you know? That kind of makes sense to me and it's encouraging that Anthem is not taking any chances. You couldn't say that for even WCW, which was at one point a lot bigger. I'm taking a contrarian role here. I say Anthem is going to work out in six months time.

They just need time to get used to the unique situation of owning and managing a pro wrestling company.

The only reason the Hardy's still have the title in my opinion is tha Anthem is getting used to the logistics. In the future, I don't see talent who's contract is running out holding the titles so close to renegotiations.

Thread Information