Thread: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Lost in this story, about the Hardys leaving ...

Is the fact that Anthem didn't want to have guys who weren't under contract being on TV.

I know that by that logic you wouldn't want them holding your tag belts either ... ahaha.

But you know? That kind of makes sense to me and it's encouraging that Anthem is not taking any chances. You couldn't say that for even WCW, which was at one point a lot bigger. I'm taking a contrarian role here. I say Anthem is going to work out in six months time.

They just need time to get used to the unique situation of owning and managing a pro wrestling company.

The only reason the Hardy's still have the title in my opinion is tha Anthem is getting used to the logistics. In the future, I don't see talent who's contract is running out holding the titles so close to renegotiations.
    I can't believe that they are letting the Hardys go. I'm not sure about their financial situation and what they are try to accomplish with how much money. However, if they are going to try to lowball someone, don't do it 5 days before their current deals are up hoping to put some sort of time induced pressure to the guys who literally are responsible for the only material that people who don't regularly watch TNA are familiar with. People who haven't ever watched TNA know what "delete" is. Having that is a start to getting some kind of brand recognition out there. When the Hardys perform outside TNA, people get into the whole delete thing and figure they might just try this TNA out. Now, there is nothing out there to push any kind of brand recognition. Its a bad start for new management. BTW so far this new management looks like a bunch of guys rehashed through the industry. Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantell are going to bring TNA back to some kind of prominence? If Jarrett has any new ideas about the business, he certainly didn't use them on the GWF. The GWF looked like a regional company on wheels without a home.

I really hope TNA succeeds. I am getting older and am tired of seeing wrestling companies fail because its not good for the industry to have just one huge company and lot of tiny companies.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    I can't believe that they are letting the Hardys go. I'm not sure about their financial situation and what they are try to accomplish with how much money. However, if they are going to try to lowball someone, don't do it 5 days before their current deals are up hoping to put some sort of time induced pressure to the guys who literally are responsible for the only material that people who don't regularly watch TNA are familiar with. People who haven't ever watched TNA know what "delete" is. Having that is a start to getting some kind of brand recognition out there. When the Hardys perform outside TNA, people get into the whole delete thing and figure they might just try this TNA out. Now, there is nothing out there to push any kind of brand recognition. Its a bad start for new management. BTW so far this new management looks like a bunch of guys rehashed through the industry. Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantell are going to bring TNA back to some kind of prominence? If Jarrett has any new ideas about the business, he certainly didn't use them on the GWF. The GWF looked like a regional company on wheels without a home.

I really hope TNA succeeds. I am getting older and am tired of seeing wrestling companies fail because its not good for the industry to have just one huge company and lot of tiny companies.
    Yeah, I wouldn't have gone with guys that already worked there.

I would have gone with guys that had a great deal of success elsewhere and would change TNA for the better.

But that being said, the Hardy's leaving and the situation surrounding this doesn't bother me too much.

Anthem had never run a pro wrestling company before and they said themselves that the reason the negotiations started late was because there was an issue with transferring data or legal responsibility from Dixie's company to Anthem.

So I expect in the future contract negotiations will start earlier, long before the contracts expire, and without that talent holding a belt.

Also, about the low balling, that might be a positive sign, it might not be low balling at all. Perhaps, unlike Dixie, Anthem understood that they couldn't afford the Hardys. That would be a huge positive for this company if they have that kind of management team.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good riddance! Matt Hardy has always sucked but the "broken" Matt Hardy was the worst character ever. Bye Matt. Bye drone (Never got that whole deal). Bye plastic wife. Bye!
    Making PW great again!

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys haven't seen Reby's latest rant on Twitter about TNA, it's brutal.

Holy hell.
    What's up PW users? Check out my band, if you like!
    www.facebook.com/throneofedenband

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I been following Reby on and off but this Trump levels of ranting.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    If you guys haven't seen Reby's latest rant on Twitter about TNA, it's brutal.

Holy hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Wow. I been following Reby on and off but this Trump levels of ranting.
    She has every right to be mad. Impact served their "we own the Broken gimmick" papers to Matt and Jeff, effectively forcing a cease and desist the evening of the ROH 15th Anniversary show.

Also they let her dad appear on shows without signing him or paying him.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#FuckThatOwl
    What's up PW users? Check out my band, if you like!
    www.facebook.com/throneofedenband

Thread Information