Thread: The 2017 Fan Fic Award Winners - Green reps and free drinks all around!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The 2017 Fan Fic Award Winners - Green reps and free drinks all around!

The Winners

Fed of the Year
    KJ's LoneStar Wrestling: Rebirth

Fan Fic MVP
    Big Evil

Show of the Year
    Kid Jericho's LSW Grand Prix Finals
    &
    ShinobiMusashi's ECW Hardcore Heaven: Shamrock vs. Guerrero

Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year
    ShinobiMusashi's The Ultimate Fighting Championship

Best Promo Writer
    Kid Jericho

Best Match Writer
    RT

Most Under-Appreciated Writer
    Big Evil

The Gone Too Soon Award
    Rad's WCW: A Wrestling Wiki
    &
    Jeff's aPw: A Netflix Series

Congratulations to all the nominees and extra congratulations to all the winners! Green reps and free drinks* all around!

*Free drinks will only be honoured at RT's house at an undisclosed location in Saskatchewan within 30 minutes of this post going live.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The 2017 Fan Fic Award Winners - Green reps and free drinks all around!

Congrats to all of the winners ... very honored to be receive a few awards. Thanks for the support everyone.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The 2017 Fan Fic Award Winners - Green reps and free drinks all around!

I thought the new poll format worked really well and produced some interesting results. Only thing I miss was the writeups that RT, PB, and WMS would do for the awards, those were always a hoot.

Still puzzled about not even being nominated for Match Writer of the Year being one of only maybe 2 or 3 guys that still writes full matches. Also interesting how the Most Underappreciated winner also wins MVP, and a fed with worked shoot pro wrestling matches wins non-wrestling fed of the year. You got to love it. I'm happy about winning a share of that Show of the Year award though(4 years in a row winning that award). Also stoked that my UFC fed got 11 votes considering the lack of votes for everything else overall this year. Even though I'd consider that a wrestling fed it's a moral victory that so many bothered to vote for it. I really appreciate the votes and honored to have even been nominated for Fed of the Year, I figured LSW was a lock to win it this year, rightfully so. Also glad to see Big Evil win MVP while being somewhat disappointed that a workhorse like Pduh didn't win anything. Congrats to everybody, lets do it again this year.

Only thing I would recommend changing for next year would be to make votes public, would be interesting to see who exactly votes and what they voted for. Also would recommend maybe dropping the Gone Too Soon Award and replacing it with Best Written Character and Storyline of the Year, would also still like to see Match of the Year added, those three would be far more meaningful than a Gone Too Soon Award, which is like a participation award for feds that don't really get going.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-26-2017 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everybody for the votes, I legitimately appreciate the love towards what I've tried to put out for all these years now. Congrats to all of the other winners and nominees, because in the end, everybody who contributes to this place regularly not only helps keep it alive, but keeps it thriving. This place is the tits!

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to all the winners.

I wish I could find the energy to get back into writing. I want to help make Fan Fic great, again.

It's not our fault, though. Where's the new generation of writers?!

Fucking millennials!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too busy with their Facetweets and rap music! Fic'ers these days, I tells ya!

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to the winners, and thank you to everyone who has written, or even posted, in Fan Fic the last year. You guys are alright.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Congrats to all the winners.

I wish I could find the energy to get back into writing. I want to help make Fan Fic great, again.

It's not our fault, though. Where's the new generation of writers?!

Fucking millennials!
    You're a millennial.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    You're a millennial.
    Never!

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Never!
    It literally cannot be debated. It's a generational label, like baby boomer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to everyone involve, you guys are all awesome. This was supposed to be the year of my grand comeback but life chose to get in the way.

Still, I am very, very honored to share half of the 'Gone Too Soon Award', which given my penchant for inconsistency, seems to be the only feasible award within my grasp these days.

Cheers to all!

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, really appreciated the nominations! Hope you have enjoyed reading, will aim to get WrestleMania XII up soon.

Thread Information