Thread: NBA Legends vs Stars- Who's side are you on?

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NBA Legends vs Stars- Who's side are you on?

And I don't mean on the "who do you prefer as a basketball player?"

Lately, we've seen Charles Barkley and Lebron James feuding. Phil Jackson and Lebron James feuding. Most recently, Shaq and the Warriors team feuding as they come to the defense of Javale McGee.

The Shaq/McGee thing started off with the "Shaqtin A Fool" segments and how they always attack Javale McGee. To be honest, everytime I think of McGee; I think of Shaqtin a Fool. However, Javale is finally on a good team and is looking pretty good. McGee has seemed to have had enough of Shaq's bullshit, too. So a Twitter war erupted where McGee told Shaq to basically get off his dick. Shaq responded by saying that he would smack the shit out of McGee and that he thinks he can talk now because he's on a good team. Shaq even called him a bum ass.

THAT led to Steve Kerr and Kevin Durant coming out publicly to defend McGee and his work ethic. Kevin Durant even went on the offense and mocked Shaq for being a terrible FT shooter, perimter shooter and said he was only good because he was bigger and stronger then everyone. True....

.... BUT....

That's not Shaq's fault.

I do not condone bullying, so I don't respect the fact that McGee feels like a victim and Shaq threatened him. However, I do agree on the new guys being soft, minus maybe a handful of guys. Westbrook, Cousins, Draymond bring 3 that come to mind; but then I lose track. Is the old school mentality worn out? Should people like Barkley, Phil Jackson and Shaq be lib-limited to have to hold his tongue. I see both sides of it and maybe legends who don't play anymore should shut up. I also see that Shaq is sort of a dick and bully. So it's hard for me to decide who is right and who is wrong in this/these situations.

So I ask you, the people of PW, who's right in this situation? What are your thoughts on the Shaq/Warriors drama?

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA Legends vs Stars- Who's side are you on?

I mean I don't generally think that Shaq or Barkley can't say what they want, but I also think current NBA players who are in better shape than either of those guys ever even claimed to be have every right to give it back just as hard.

That Shaq is being a fucking idiot on twitter makes it worse, Barkley took the Lebron response in a perfectly fine way. He didn't change his mind, but didn't go on twitter threatening Lebron either. I suppose part of that is Barkley has to know his place in the annals of history is behind Lebron.

Anyway there's never been a generation that didn't dislike the people that came up after them. This is just an issue now because social media, sports channels, and YouTube push out way more stuff now than ever came out for Barkley or Shaq. If this media environment existed for Barkley there would've been Dr. J circling his ever expanding waistline as a running joke.

Anyway, neither is really right or wrong. Got little problem with the media doing funny things to get ratings/attention and have no problem with their targets giving it back to them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA Legends vs Stars- Who's side are you on?

Shaq is a fucking clown.McGee defends himself 1 time and the dude threatens him what a joke.

Thread Information