View Poll Results: Who would win the game?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3 50.00%
  • New Orleans Saints

3 50.00%

Thread: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (4)Buccaneers vs (5)Saints

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (4)Buccaneers vs (5)Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB - Doug Williams
    RB - James Wilder
    FB - Mike Alstott
    WR - Mark Carrier
    WR - Mike Evans
    TE - Jimmie Giles

OT - Paul Gruber
    OG - Frank Middleton
    OC - Tony Mayberry
    OG - Davin Joseph
    OT - Dave Reavis

DE - Lee Roy Selmon
    DT - Warren Sapp
    DT - Gerald McCoy
    DE - Simeon Rice

OLB - Derrick Brooks
    MLB - Hardy Nickerson
    OLB - Lavonte David

CB - Ronde Barber
    CB - Donnie Abraham
    FS - Mike Cotney
    SS - John Lynch

K - Martin Gramatica
    P - Josh Bidwell
    Returner - Karl Williams

Coach - Tony Dungy

vs

New Orleans Saints

Quarterback - Drew Brees
    Running Back - Deuce McAllister
    Full Back - Hokie Gajan
    Wide Receiver - Eric Martin
    Wide Receiver - Joe Horn
    Tight End - Jimmy Graham
    Tackle - Willie Roaf
    Guard - Jim Dombrowski
    Center - John Hill
    Guard - Jake Kupp
    Tackle - Stan Brock

Defensive End - Pat Swilling
    Defensive Tackle - La Roi Glover
    Defensive Tackle - Jim Wilks
    Defensive End- Joe Johnson

Linebacker - Vaughn Johnson
    Linebacker - Sam Mills
    Linebacker - Rickey Jackson

Cornerback - Dave Waymer
    Cornerback - Johnnie Poe
    Safety - Tommy Myers
    Strong Safety - Sammy Knight

Kicker - Morten Andersen
    Punter - Tommy Barnhardt
    Kick/Punt Returner - Michael Lewis
    Coach - Sean Payton

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (4)Buccaneers vs (5)Saints

Am I crazy or do the Buccaneers have like , a top three defense in this whole thing? The only real weakness is Cotney and Abraham isn't spectacular but that front seven is so fast and so fucking incredible. I might be tipping my hand a bit here , but I don't know how I'm going to vote against Tampa in this round despite Doug Williams.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (4)Buccaneers vs (5)Saints

Going with the Saints here. Drew Brees + Dome Patrol is a pretty damn good combo. Tampa Bay's defense is stellar but their offense is laughable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Going with the Saints here. Drew Brees + Dome Patrol is a pretty damn good combo. Tampa Bay's defense is stellar but their offense is laughable.
    Really? It's really just Drew Brees , Jimmy Graham and Willie Roaf that they have to worry about , I really dislike the Saints receivers and think Brees would find it impossible to find time all day. That front four of Tampa Bays , plus the linebackers is as good as any in this draft and their secondary (assume playing cover two) I don't think would have to do TOO much to keep the Saints receivers at the line. This game would have to be Jimmy Graham , and I think between Brooks and David they could slow him down enough.

Brees's strength would be spreading this defense out and he obviously doesn't have that option in this format - and the Buccaneers defense could hold them to like 14 point IMO.

On the other side I think as long as the Buccaneers kept the ball away from Williams as much as possible and controlled the clock they would have a chance. The Dome Patrol is no joke and wouldn't make it any easier but in a low scoring game I feel Tampa could pull it out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Really? It's really just Drew Brees , Jimmy Graham and Willie Roaf that they have to worry about , I really dislike the Saints receivers and think Brees would find it impossible to find time all day. That front four of Tampa Bays , plus the linebackers is as good as any in this draft and their secondary (assume playing cover two) I don't think would have to do TOO much to keep the Saints receivers at the line. This game would have to be Jimmy Graham , and I think between Brooks and David they could slow him down enough.

Brees's strength would be spreading this defense out and he obviously doesn't have that option in this format - and the Buccaneers defense could hold them to like 14 point IMO.

On the other side I think as long as the Buccaneers kept the ball away from Williams as much as possible and controlled the clock they would have a chance. The Dome Patrol is no joke and wouldn't make it any easier but in a low scoring game I feel Tampa could pull it out.

With Tampa Bay's offense 14 points would be enough.

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't think Tampa's defense could force any turnovers either? I just don't think saying Brees + The Dome Patrol would be enough because I think the Buccaneers would be set up pretty nicely to take out the Saints. I don't think they move very far beyond that because of their anemic offense but as great as Brees is this offense doesn't really scare me in this format as much as it should. I guess I could see both sides , but the Bucs would play keep away from Brees and let their defense wreak havoc and I think they could win that way - you of all fans I think would appreciate that.

I might do a write up later on - but my gut tells me the Buccaneers win 13 - 10

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of Course, the Saints Wrs stink...you missed Marques Colston...the franchise leader in everything

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't miss anything , it was 90% made by a Saints fan and I believe given the go ahead by another Saints fan. Personally I would of put Colston in there as well but I went with this one.

Even with Colston though , my personal opinion wouldn't change.

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course this would be a tie. I'm the tiebreaker since I forever reason decided not to click a button - and I choose Tampa Bay. I just think their defense completely shuts down the Saints.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're overrating Tampa's defense a bit. They are kind of soft in their secondary, especially Abraham and Cotney. Lynch doesn't scare anyone in coverage either, Jimmy Graham would eat him alive.

Thread Information