Thread: 2/21 SmackDown Women's Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2/21 SmackDown Women's Discussion

As heartbreaking as it was to see Naomi relinquish the title.... Hearing that crowd cheer for her and chant "no" at her having to give up the title....it makes me so happy to hear her get that support and love. Such horrible timing for an injury, it really sucks. Loved her heartfelt promo though.

Alexa has really grown as a character since she first came to SmackDown - like I said last week she's more natural than ever on the mic. Bliss winning the title back against Becky was anticlimactic but I'll wait to see how things shape up story-wise in time for Mania. If somehow Naomi got back in time and won the title back at Mania in her hometown, that would be amazing, but I won't get my hopes up.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2/21 SmackDown Women's Discussion

Was sad to see Naomi have to give it up. Hate to see that. However, she's got a perfect story when she gets back.

Bliss/Becky was fine. I liked that Becky was dominant. The finish was lame though.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nattie/Nikki had it's good moments. But I didn't enjoy it as much as their brawls would have led me to believe.

We also got our confirmation on a Mania match.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either the injury is a lot more serious or they are planing a surprise return at WM. Because almost certain Becky didn't defend it within 30 days because she had surgery.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Either the injury is a lot more serious or they are planing a surprise return at WM. Because almost certain Becky didn't defend it within 30 days because she had surgery.
    Yeah, but this close to Mania, if they don't think Naomi is gonna make it, they can't take any chances.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can happily forget about Naomi's title run like the bad dream that it was.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could've waited until Black History Month ended, before stripping Naomi of the title.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we sure this injury is legit? This smells like a set up for a storyline.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    Are we sure this injury is legit? This smells like a set up for a storyline.
    Unless they show her having surgery in the next two weeks it probably is a storyline. Having her make a surprise return will probably get a bigger pop then her just coming there with the title.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    They could've waited until Black History Month ended, before stripping Naomi of the title.
    Don't think they care about negative Black History month press since Titus got suspending last year around this time for chivalry.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the SD division is at least still leagues above what's happening on RAW with Bayley accepting a tainted title win (and Charlotte wanting to beat her for it), Sasha and Charlotte randomly having a match on RAW and Charlotte continuing to be KWEEN OF PPVs but always losing on RAW.

The match was okay despite the out of nowhere finish. The segment was really good, though. The crowd was very positively receptive of Naomi and booed Alexa to the best of their ability. Daniel being there also helped. It'll be a grand way for Naomi since she's got a nice return storyline already. She'll probably go up against Mickie by then.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I can happily forget about Naomi's title run like the bad dream that it was.
    it's like the universe corrected itself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really trying to figure out if this injury is legit or not. It all seems so odd. Woman have gone heaps of time without defending before and to address it so quickly and directly like this and strip her of the belt seems odd, i think there is more to it and it is a story line.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Smackdown woman's champion appearing on Sportscenter today maybe WWE feel Alexa is a better representative for the division and the company?...

If the injury is legit then that's a tough break for Naomi. Personally I didn't want her as champion. She's a great athlete but has no personality. Dancing and smiling during her entrance is the only charisma Naomi displays and that's not enough.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With what down with Naomi we're forgetting to talk about the FCA match! Nikki has brought out the best in Natalya during this feud, in terms of matches and Nattie's mic work. Face Nikki will always my favorite Nikki as a wrestler...her diving roundhouse kick from the crowd, and the Alabama Slam on the announce table And Nattie going through the glass mirror was awesome (lots of credit to Nattie for all the bumps she took in this match). Another enjoyable match from these two. Maryse's run in looked shitty to be honest, her shots with the baton were weak. Sucks Nikki's getting this mixed tag at Mania but hopefully the writing and segments are good...

Quote Originally Posted by gl4mazon View Post
    I'm really trying to figure out if this injury is legit or not. It all seems so odd. Woman have gone heaps of time without defending before and to address it so quickly and directly like this and strip her of the belt seems odd, i think there is more to it and it is a story line.
    I think it's legit but she was definitely limping more this week than last week, so I think it's possible they are trying to milk it for more than it actually is (which is a good thing). I kinda wish they would have set it up by Bliss attacking her and further aggravating the injury, just to give it all even more heat.

There's also a bit of an inconsistency here with Becky being able to keep the title despite not competing (I think it was something with her appendix), though I do understand it's a different circumstance as we're in WrestleMania season.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it wasn't Mania season, I definitely think they would've/should've kept the belt on Naomi. But it's Mania season, and that's a whole different ball game then the No Mercy to that Smackdown in Glasgow stretch that Becky was gone.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    With what down with Naomi we're forgetting to talk about the FCA match! Nikki has brought out the best in Natalya during this feud, in terms of matches and Nattie's mic work. Face Nikki will always my favorite Nikki as a wrestler...her diving roundhouse kick from the crowd, and the Alabama Slam on the announce table And Nattie going through the glass mirror was awesome (lots of credit to Nattie for all the bumps she took in this match). Another enjoyable match from these two. Maryse's run in looked shitty to be honest, her shots with the baton were weak. Sucks Nikki's getting this mixed tag at Mania but hopefully the writing and segments are good...

I think it's legit but she was definitely limping more this week than last week, so I think it's possible they are trying to milk it for more than it actually is (which is a good thing). I kinda wish they would have set it up by Bliss attacking her and further aggravating the injury, just to give it all even more heat.

There's also a bit of an inconsistency here with Becky being able to keep the title despite not competing (I think it was something with her appendix), though I do understand it's a different circumstance as we're in WrestleMania season.
    Most matches suffer from a bad ending last night. But yes the match was good until the end. But I do hate some of the logic with it and this very thing everything it happens. Wrestler A(Nattie) throws Wrestler B(Nikki) into Wrestler C (Maryse). So Wrestler C gets mad at Wrestler B instead of Wrestler A or at the very least both of them.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post

I agree, it's a good match.

Moving forward, King Nikki will prolly get sneak-attacked and insulted by Maryse most weeks leading to WM because that's how she's booked apparently.

Thread Information