Thread: Gaming Sessions

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gaming Sessions

My style of gaming is "not less than 2 hours, no more than 6". In my younger days, I could play all day, but once I hit that 6 hour mark I'm usually in the mood to do something else.

But finding the time to get 2 hours in is proving to be a colossal undertaking with a newborn.

Definitely taking a vacation when Andromeda is released, because it'll be the only way to get in the proper time to play at the moment.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Gamer's Pad - 2017 and Beyond

My style of gaming is "shit it's 3 AM, I forgot to eat today, just one more level."
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long time since I've done a long, extended session. I usually play no more than an hour or so, once or twice a day. And there's plenty of days when I don't play. It's not totally casual, but it's probably in the ballpark.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only long gaming sessions I do now are on weekends, that even limited to 2-3 hours of online Fifa gaming, that's about it. Only delve into WWE 2k17 with one of my mates off twitter, unsure if he's a PWer

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the worst attention span. The most I usually manage is about an hour and a half (including pauses for me to check Instagram, read stuff and whatever else), then I drift off to do something else.

I cancelled my Switch preorder and ordered BotW for Wii U instead. I don't want another console for just one game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaming Sessions

Want to say I put nearly 25 hrs a week into gaming.

3 Hours each weekday from 7, sometimes 8PM. Maybe 4 if I am close to finishing a game or am really loving a game.

Friday I have found to be my cooldown day where after a long week of work, I just lose the effort to play a game but again I will push through it if I am near a game completion or really am into a game.

Saturday and Sunday I put in 5 hours a day I think, sometimes even more.

For April 3rd-April 7th I am thinking about a short 1 week vacation from work. Have to see if the dates are available.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been putting a ton more time into my hobby. I'd say I'm average around three hours a day, which is impacting my sleep cycles but usually gives me something to look forward to on any given day.

In the past, it's certainly fluctuated and there were times where I was lucky if I played 3 hours in a month.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It varies for me largely depending on the game. I'm a big motorsport nerd so if i'm playing F1, i'll do a full race in season mode and that's right around 2 hours every time.

When I was much younger, before life strapped responsibility to my back, i'd routinely go 3/4 hours at a time. I could lose myself completely in OoT.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, growing up I remember renting a game on Friday night and spending the vast majority of the weekend velcro'd to a beanbag in front of a screen trying to plow through the game before going back to school on Monday. These days I'll spend a week or two on a game that takes 15 hours to complete. When I finally had the funds to play anything I wanted I no longer had the time or energy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a ton of video games growing up, but I don't recall any gaming marathons. Usually at the two hour mark I was either bored or frustrated and needed to do something else.

It's only been in adulthood where I've dedicated large blocks of time to gaming, starting with TF2 which was usually my go-to whenever I needed to pull an all-nighter for uni. It takes it's toll though and I've learned that gaming is usually at it's best when it's a treat and not a priority.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I almost never marathon game. Upwards of five hours. I can only think of two times I've done so in my life (excluding LAN parties): when I first got Pokemon Red, and when I finished Dead Space for the first time.

My typical gaming session lasts 1-2 hours, then I get bored and seek another activity, but this can extend to 3-4 on seldom occasions where a game is especially engrossing. Recently this has happened for Star Ocean, Civilization 6 and Shovel Knight.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids change everything. If you enjoy gaming and need at least a couple hours a day to fulfill your habit, don't have kids. Just don't. You think "Oh hey it won't be so bad, babies sleep a lot anyway." No. When the baby finally sleeps you have a billion things to do and none of those things are gaming.

I played a lot of video games when I was a kid/in my early teen years but if something else came up that I thought was more interesting (which was pretty much everything) I would do that instead. I've always enjoyed video games but I can't think of any time where I said "no, I'd rather stay home and play video games."

Social gatherings at that age always centred around gaming though. From the time all my friends owned a Sega Genesis and eventually an N64, any time we all hung out together it was video games and more video games.

Nowadays though, forget about it. If I want to play video games it has to be at night when the kids are in bed and my wife doesn't feel like watching Netflix. Even then if there's a game I really want to play, I just stay up late and deal with being tired the next morning when the kids wake up. I have to weigh how much I want to play a game versus how tired I want to be the next day. Usually sleep wins. Last game I sacrificed sleep for was The Last of Us, so let that sink in. I've stayed up late a few weekends since Christmas playing Battlefield 1 but that's only happened a few times. I usually play a couple rounds of Conquest then I go to bed.

Things are slowly changing now that my daughter is older though. She's 5 and we play kid-friendly games together. I got her into Minecraft a couple years ago and she picked it up no problem even at an early age. I play Star Wars: Battlefront with her but she struggles with it and if we don't play hero battles on easy difficulty she doesn't want to play, which gets boring for me pretty quickly but I just power through for her sake. I also busted out the N64 to play OOT with her but she doesn't have the patience to figure out puzzles yet and it just ended up me playing and her going "I WANNA WATCH A MOVIE."

But games on the Wii are where its at. Super Mario, Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Smash Bros...we can crush a couple hours on those no problem as long as the baby isn't being a dick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally just leave SFV running while I do other stuff and then play it online when I finally find a match.

Prob 45 mins at a time, maybe less. Meanwhile My girlfriend plays games for hours on end. She has more platinum trophies than me

Thread Information