Thread: Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva

So, Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva has been talked about as a possible under card to Conor vs Floyd.

http://www.chattsportsnet.com/sports...cgregor/39781/

I honestly think this is a much more intriguing match up that Conor vs Floyd. Silva tried boxing. It didn't pan out to well for him, but he tried. But he has the illusion of being a better hand striker due to MMA. Jones has KO power. He could, in theory finish the fight at any time. Mayweather, while a defensive genius doesn't have the hammer.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva

Jones met with ufc recently I read. If he fights in octagon my head may explode.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Jones met with ufc recently I read. If he fights in octagon my head may explode.
    I could really see this happening. RJJ just doesn't want to give up. He is the Rickey Henderson of boxing.
    I am your God

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like these kind of matches more if they fought under some kind of catch rules. A boxer is pretty much ALWAYS going to win a boxing match, and an MMA fighter is pretty much ALWAYS going to win an MMA match if dosen't try and trade punches with the boxer.

I would ban take downs, but allow the MMA fighter to use kicks, knees and elbows just as long as all strikes are above the waist. Chokes would be kosher as well just as long as they were done standing up.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a freak show card this could be. What's next, Tito vs Hopkins?

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    I would like these kind of matches more if they fought under some kind of catch rules. A boxer is pretty much ALWAYS going to win a boxing match, and an MMA fighter is pretty much ALWAYS going to win an MMA match if dosen't try and trade punches with the boxer.

I would ban take downs, but allow the MMA fighter to use kicks, knees and elbows just as long as all strikes are above the waist. Chokes would be kosher as well just as long as they were done standing up.
    Yeah, I would like to see some custom rules to level the playing field as well. I think for Conor vs Mayweather the fairest way to do it would be to do it in the UFC Octagon with UFC gloves but with Queensbury boxing rules.

For me, and I know this ain't how the general public looks at things(if you lose you "suck", regardless of circumstances or how the fight plays out) but say Conor fights Mayweather under Queensbury rules in a boxing ring and loses, to me he comes off as having huge balls to take on a challenge like that, he doesn't really lose anything by losing a fight that far out of his element, he gains more respect from me just for having the balls to do it, same for Mayweather if he were to lose to McGregor in a UFC fight. To lose a fight that takes place that far outside of their element is not really losing to me, it's honorable that they had the courage to even do it. If Conor loses a boxing match to Mayweather I'd have more respect for Conor, if Mayweather lost a UFC fight to Conor I'd have more respect for Mayweather.

Just the ring vs cage alone is so much of a difference, I've fought in both and I got to say that MMA in a ring and MMA in a cage is so different it's almost like a different sport, hard to explain but it's a major difference in all 3 phases of combat(ground, clinch, free movement).

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some might remember, but this match was rumored about ten years ago, in better times for Silva. Roy was already on the circus tour, showing up at press conferences, dressing up like Captain Hook, and shit. The more circus fights, the better. I need more circus matches in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Just the ring vs cage alone is so much of a difference, I've fought in both and I got to say that MMA in a ring and MMA in a cage is so different it's almost like a different sport, hard to explain but it's a major difference in all 3 phases of combat(ground, clinch, free movement).
    Fighting off the ropes his a huge part of Mayweather's game. A cage would fuck his style up more than most.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this ridiculously insane card comes to fruition, it's going to SHATTER records. It's also going to be a dark day for the UFC. No way Mayweather loses and I can't see Silva beating Jones, either.

Still, it would be a hell of a show.

Thread Information