View Poll Results: Who would win the game?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batlimore Ravens

10 90.91%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

1 9.09%

Thread: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (1) Ravens vs (8) Jaguars

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (1) Ravens vs (8) Jaguars

Baltimore Ravens

QB- Joe Flacco
    RB-Priest Holmes
    FB-Jamal Lewis
    WR-Torrey Smith
    WR-Jermaine Lewis
    TE-Todd Heap

OT-Jonathon Ogden
    OG-Marshall Yanda
    C-Matt Birk
    OG-Mike Flynn
    OT-Michael Oher

DE-Terrell Suggs
    DT-Haloti Ngata
    DT-Sam Adams
    DE-Michael McCrary

OLB-Jamie Sharper
    MLB-Ray Lewis
    OLB-Peter Boulware

CB-Chris McAllister
    FS-Ed Reed
    SS-Bernard Pollard
    CB-Duane Starks

K-Matt Stover
    P-Sam Koch
    KR-Jacoby Jones

Coach- John Harbaugh

vs

Jacksonville Jaguars

QB - Mark Brunell
    RB - Fred Taylor
    FB - Greg Jones
    WR - Jimmy Smith
    WR - Keenan McCardell
    TE - Marcedes Lewis

OT - Tony Boseli
    OG - Vince Manuwai
    OC - Brad Meester
    OG - Uchi Nwaneri
    OT - Leon Searcy

DE - Tony Brackens
    DT - John Henderson
    DT - Marcus Stroud
    DE - Paul Spicer

OLB - Daryl Smith
    MLB - Kevin Hardy
    OLB - Mike Peterson

CB - Rashean Mathis
    CB - Aaron Beasley
    FS - Chris Hudson
    SS - Donovan Darius

K - Mike Hollis
    P - Bryan Barker
    Returner - Reggie Barlow

Coach - Tom Coughlin

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (1) Ravens vs (8) Jaguars

At first glance I thought I was going to go Ravens easily , but after looking further I kind of really like this Jaguars offense and I think they are superior in damn near every position aside from maybe the left side of the offensive line. Brunell is better than Flacco , the receivers are top notch and Taylor has a really good left side of the line to run behind.

Baltimores defense might be the most dominant unit in this game though so it's tough. I'm not sure yet who I think would win.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Young Guns Region - (1) Ravens vs (8) Jaguars

Here's the thing. Those offenses aren't matched up against each other. They are matched up against the other team's defense.

Frankly I like Ravens defense against the Jaguars offense much more than the Jaguars's defense against the Ravens offense. So Baltimore it is.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Here's the thing. Those offenses aren't matched up against each other. They are matched up against the other team's defense.

Frankly I like Ravens defense against the Jaguars offense much more than the Jaguars's defense against the Ravens offense. So Baltimore it is.
    ^ What he said.

Maybe the Jaguars manage a FG or two. Baltimore shuts them down hard, led by none other than Ray Lewis, while Flacco lands a few TDs. 24-6 final.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priest Holmes was not in his prime with Baltimore, though. Should've been Ray Rice.

Regardless, defense wins games and that Ravens team has one of the best defenses ever. Jaguars got a good team and it would be close, but Baltimore scores on defense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have been Jamal Lewis if anything, Holmes is more known for the Chiefs.

Oh Lewis is a FB, I didn't see that. Given the Texans don't have a team, maybe Leach would have been better?

Currently Playing:
    Manhunt(PS3), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Should have been Jamal Lewis if anything, Holmes is more known for the Chiefs.

Oh Lewis is a FB, I didn't see that. Given the Texans don't have a team, maybe Leach would have been better?
    The Texans have a team and Leach is on it. That's why I had to move Lewis to fullback and start Holmes at halfback. I used Jamal Charles for the Chiefs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Ray Rice is a boner.

2. There was plenty of time over the weekend to contribute and help form the teams , and if you want to suggest differences do so in the original thread.

3. The Texans have a team and Leach is on it. I think the move of Lewis to FB was a creative way to get him and Holmes on the same team and I liked what LT did with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for this game , I don't want to always just assume "well this team has defense so they win" and I think there would be some upsets , just like any other time in the NFL and this is one of the games I think the upset would be ripe because the Ravens offense is abysmal. They too are running into a couple huge bodies in Stroud and Henderson and I really like their linebacking corps , I also don't think their secondary is that bad off and it's not like they are covering Jerry Rice out there.

On the flip side I don't see the Jaguars running the ball either , but I do think Brunell is the better quarterback and he could probably find a decent matchup in McCardell vs Starks and Pollard isn't the best in pass coverage either. I think there is some room to be had there.

I think it would be a close game , that would come down to turnovers and controlling the ball through the passing game and 1st downs , which would be hard to come by. I think Ed Reed gets his pick , possibly a touchdown and maybe Flacco hits Smith deep on a pass but otherwise I also see Flacco turning the ball over at least twice and keep the Jaguars in it with field position and field goals. McCardell would probably end up being my MVP for this game because I think that is a spot the Jags would attack.

Final Score
    Ravens 17
    Jaguars 19

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could go with the Jags, because I hate the Ravens. The Ravens just have enough offense to get by the Jags.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between Jonathan Odgen, Marshall Yanda and Matt Birk, there WILL be running lanes for Holmes and Lewis. So I do think the Ravens will be able to run. And while Flacco can be flaky, you have to pressure him to bring it out, and the Jaguars pass rush isn't exactly frightening. Neither are their defensive backs.

Brunell is the better QB, but Flacco will be getting the clean pockets to throw in. Brunell on the hand is going to be running for his life against Suggs and McCrary, not to mention Boulware coming off the blitz. Boselli is the Jags only top flight pass protector. Flacco on the on the other hand once again has Ogden, Yanda and Birk, who are all first rate pass blockers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Between Jonathan Odgen, Marshall Yanda and Matt Birk, there WILL be running lanes for Holmes and Lewis. So I do think the Ravens will be able to run. And while Flacco can be flaky, you have to pressure him to bring it out, and the Jaguars pass rush isn't exactly frightening. Neither are their defensive backs.

Brunell is the better QB, but Flacco will be getting the clean pockets to throw in. Brunell on the hand is going to be running for his life against Suggs and McCrary, not to mention Boulware coming off the blitz. Boselli is the Jags only top flight pass protector. Flacco on the on the other hand once again has Ogden, Yanda and Birk, who are all first rate pass blockers.
    Boseli would keep Suggs in check whenever he lined up over him , don't underestimate Boseli. He was arguably every bit as good as Ogden before his career got marred by injuries. And it's not as if Oher on the right side can't be a revolving door at times so I think the Jaguars would be able to get some pressure on Flacco. I still think that Flacco is far too erratic with his accuracy and while his receivers set up well for his skill set I do think he would throw a few up for grabs and that could kill a few key drives.

On the other side I think Brunell and McCardell could play some pitch and catch and move the chains and control the clock some , especially since they wouldn't be able to run the ball. I also think that plays well into Brunell's hands. Again I could easily make the argument for the Ravens but I don't think it's the landslide that some might , and I think the Jags could get away with field position and field goals and kick a game winner at the end.

My vision would be the Ravens 17 - 16 until the final drive where Brunell dinks and dunks his way into field goal range and gets the game winner. I could totally see that playing out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is trying to make you emotional, @Untouchable, but I'm stating my opinion. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to comment if I didn't contribute. If that was the case, you should've kept it through a group chat or left a disclaimer.

It's not that big of a deal, but Ray Rice should've been the pick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Nobody is trying to make you emotional, @Untouchable, but I'm stating my opinion. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to comment if I didn't contribute. If that was the case, you should've kept it through a group chat or left a disclaimer.

It's not that big of a deal, but Ray Rice should've been the pick.
    I'm not emotional in the slightest brother , I'm just simply saying there was a full weekend to help mold these teams and there is still a thread to throw out opinions on the rosters remaining that we could definitely change. I'm just not interested in hearing every match how we got something wrong when there already a thread discussing all these teams.

And don't be dramatic - no one is telling you or anyone else you aren't allowed to contribute to these threads if you didn't contribute to coming up with the teams. In fact I did put a disclaimer saying the OPPOSITE in where I tried to encourage people to discuss it. I love discussing these kind of things , I love all different opinions but I don't love the point of these individual matches getting sidetracked by a conversation that could of been brought up days ago and really have nothing to with this the matchup at hand. So please keep discussing it , and if you have any other grievances with rosters feel free to air them in the original thread and I will be happy to bullshit about it - but I don't want any of these matches to become a debate over who SHOULD of been on the team.

And Ray Rice is still a boner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that Joe Flacco would be able to piece together a great game against this defense and put up enough points to garner a comfortable lead against the Jags. Add in a pick six from Ed Reed and the Ravens will coast on to victory. Giving this Ravens defense a lead is all they need to put pressure on the Jags offense. Todd Heap should have a big performance and chip in 100 yards and a TD. Mark Brunell will muster up a touchdown drive late in the third but the game is all but over.

No Justin Tucker so no FGs for Baltimore.

Final Score: Baltimore Ravens - 21 Jacksonville Jaguars - 7

All credit goes to surrender!

Thread Information