Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Did Naomi Really 'Deserve' To Be Champion?

She calls it the rear view!

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She should go to New Japan and team with Taguchi.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of the many problems with having two championships. When you have two champs, you have no champs ...

And people will get a title who don't desearve it or entertain ...
    PW WANTS YOU!

To vote for in the Trios Cibernetico!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

Punch and Pie will be served!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    This is one of the many problems with having two championships. When you have two champs, you have no champs ...

And people will get a title who don't desearve it or entertain ...
    This happens with one championship aswell. Kelly Kelly? Jillian (although short)? Hell i'll go as far to say Kaitlyn. It happens dude deal with it. Naomi earned that title!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    This happens with one championship aswell. Kelly Kelly? Jillian (although short)? Hell i'll go as far to say Kaitlyn. It happens dude deal with it. Naomi earned that title!!
    It does happen with one championship as well. But I'd argue that with two titles you double the chance of it happening.

Did Naomi earn that title? I'll leave that up to others to discuss. But looking at their roster ... probably not.
    PW WANTS YOU!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does happen with one championship as well. But I'd argue that with two titles you double the chance of it happening.

Did Naomi earn that title? I'll leave that up to others to discuss. But looking at their roster ... probably not.

Did Alexa ?

I'm really honestly confused when it comes to people's problems with Naomi . Like most of her problems she's had was being in matches with people who couldn't take her spots (Aksanna, Tamina).

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes she did!

I'm curious to know what are your merits of being "deserving". Cause in the kayfabe world of wrestling I see two qualities. Overness and in ring ability.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most people's problem with Naomi is that she's more of a showboat kinda performer. It's more like "look at these cool moves I can do" and less of her being in the moment and really connecting and being in the match (psychology wise). She's much better with that now, but I could see why people weren't fans of her before.

She still has moves that make me roll my eyes and take me out of it a bit, but it's nowhere near as cringe worthy as it used to be. She reminded me of Kelly Kelly. Just doing these big moves for the sake of doing them (only she did them 100 times better). There was zero emotion behind her matches. She's gotten better with that though.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VF View Post
    There's this very weird mentality around the internet where people seem to think Naomi has terrible mic skills. It just simply isn't true and I have no idea where it stems from. Sure, she may not be as good on the mic as Alexa, Becky or Mickie, but I'd hardly call her bad. Her mic skills have been nothing if not consistent, which is more than we can say for people like Sasha or Bayley.

Furthermore, she totally deserved this win. Fuck, she should have captured the title during her heel run in 2015. Sure, her matches with Alexa may not have been anything special, but I'd hardly lay the sole blame on Naomi. Alexa is still fairly green in the ring, it's not like Becky Lynch has had great matches with her either.

Oh please, this hasn't damaged Alexa Bliss at all. Kayfabe wise, Alexa only possessed that belt due to dubious means. As a result of her over-inflated ego, she underestimated Naomi. From a character standpoint, she now has much more to play with.
    The feud was one-sided and stupid. Naomi wasn't even on tv and gets to come back & run right over Bliss in a lopsided feud. Boring.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    Currently watching: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Nanbaka, Samurai Jack & Hunter X Hunter

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    The feud was one-sided and stupid. Naomi wasn't even on tv and gets to come back & run right over Bliss in a lopsided feud. Boring.
    Somethings get rushed for the sake of putting everything were they need to be for WM. Becky won the title at Smackdown's first solo ppv. Alexa became the number 1 contender on a Smackdown, but Becky couldn't defend because of a surgery. So Alexa and Naomi fought at No Mercy instead with Naomi winning. Alexa beat her in their next match. Naomi and Alexa had history before Naomi got injured. Then after she came back they just kinda resume it.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wack that she went down to an injury but hope she comes back strong.
    Taking all the nominations: Mock WWE HOF

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks she's hurt, I would never wish that on anyone. But on the brightside...

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Three points for Mistress. It's all about story.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    Yes she did!

I'm curious to know what are your merits of being "deserving". Cause in the kayfabe world of wrestling I see two qualities. Overness and in ring ability.
    I don't even watch the product so I'm not gonna presume to know one way or the other. I'm just saying looking at that roster? Probably not. I mean, there's probably five women on that roster more desearving.

Plus, I've been reading the comments here and the "NO" camp has been making detailed arguments while the Yes camp's arguments have been shallower. My opinion. For what it's worth I like Naomi. I just think she's with the wrong company and is never gonna get better there.

At least not to the point where she'll ever have any real artistic success.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-star View Post
    Did Alexa ?

I'm really honestly confused when it comes to people's problems with Naomi . Like most of her problems she's had was being in matches with people who couldn't take her spots (Aksanna, Tamina).
    Alexa did very well. She's a star in the making. She's so next level that she might even do interesting things in the WWE, which you can't say for everybody.
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I love Alexa's mic/promo skill, but her in-ring skill is basic at best.

Thread Information