View Poll Results: Who would win the game?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

11 100.00%
  • Chicago Bears

0 0%

Thread: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Dynasty Region - (1)Steelers vs (8)Bears

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Dynasty Region - (1)Steelers vs (8)Bears

Pittsburgh Steelers

QB-Terry Bradshaw
    RB-Jerome Bettis
    FB-Franco Harris
    WR-Hines Ward
    WR-Antonio Brown
    TE-Heath Miller

OT-Tunch Ilkin
    OG-Alan Faneca
    C-Mike Webster
    OG-Dave DeCastro
    OT-Larry Brown

DE-LC Greenwood
    DT-Joe Greene
    DT-Casey Hampton
    DE-Dwight White

OLB-Jack Ham
    MLB-Jack Lambert
    OLB-Greg Lloyd

CB-Rod Woodson
    FS-Glen Edwards
    SS-Troy Polomalu
    CB-Mel Blount

K-Gary Anderson
    P-Bobby Walden
    KR-Antonio Brown

Coach- Chuck Noll

vs

Chicago Bears
    QB - Sid Luckman
    RB - Walter Payton
    FB - Bronco Nagurski
    WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Willie Gault
    TE - Mike Ditka

OT - Ed Healy
    OG - Stan Jones
    OC - Olin Kreutz
    OG - Mark Bortz
    OT - Joe Stydahar

DE - Richard Dent
    DT - Dan Hampton
    DT - William Perry
    DE - Doug Atkins

OLB - Otis Wilson
    MLB - Dick Butkus
    OLB - Lance Briggs

CB - Charlies Tillman
    CB - Leslie Frazier
    FS - Dave Duerson
    SS - Mark Carrier

K - Robbie Gould
    P - George Gulyanics

Returner - Devin Hester

Coach - George Halas

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Dynasty Region - (1)Steelers vs (8)Bears

I'm reserving the right to vote until I can sit down and think about it a little more and perhaps provide some insight as to what I think would happen - I will say though that the Bears got a pretty bad draw and kind of the short end of the deal by being put in this bracket. Pittsburgh is a juggernaut when it comes to talent throughout history , still though the Bears have an incredible roster of players.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL's All Time Greatest Team - Dynasty Region - (1)Steelers vs (8)Bears

Total defensive stand still for most of the game. Payton and Bettis/Harris, pounding out hard yards in a battle over position, because neither Luckman nor Bradshaw is getting much time to throw and 98% of the time, everyone should be covered. This would be a 7-6 or 6-3 type of game. Too bad we didn't pick backup QB's, because Luckman and Bradshaw would be lucky to finish this game and that's not a shot on the O-lines of either team by any means. Steelers barely squeak by...their running backs would eventually wear down the Bears D-Line and get a TD or enough yards for 2 FG's. I'm not sure Payton could withstand his pounding. The Steelers would make him pay, because once he's gone or hurting, there's not much going on with the Bears...just in comparison to the Steelers. I could see this game being 0-0 until halfway through the 3rd.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be THE lowest scoring game of the tourney hands down. Both defensive lines are going to absolutely dominate their offensive counterparts. Butkus and Lambert are going to eat the running back alive. Luckman AND Bradshaw may both being going out on stretcher with the kind of pass rushers they'll be facing.

I do think the Steelers receivers are a little better than the Bear receivers are and that will be the difference. Steelers by a score of 7-6

Oh and it's DOUG Atkins....not George.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 02-19-2017 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to completely contradict what CK and LT both said as this would obviously be more of a low scoring affair than most in this tournament , I do think Pittsburgh offense has enough weapons all around that they could move the ball a little more consistently. They would have trouble running the ball , as Chicago's front seven should control their part of the field ... however I think Pittsburgh (even with Bradshaw) could attack Chicago's secondary on the moments they are given some time and Antonio Brown would eat Tillmans lunch all day and probably break a short hook route and take it to the house when Tillman was overly aggressive as he sometimes had the tendency to be.

Chicago and their offense though would have trouble moving the ball much at all through any facet of the game , they would obviously have to rely heavily on Peyton running the ball because I don't know of a team in this tournament that is going to have TOO much success passing against arguably the best cornerback duo in the tournament in Blount and Woodson - it also doesn't hurt that they have Polamalu there. They are both capable of shutting down the Bears receivers and bring Troy into the box to give them even more dominance in the box against Chicago. Devin Hester would have to be an ex factor and while I think he could make a few plays , I don't see him single handidly putting enough points on the board to keep this game that close in the 4th quarter.

Final Score
    Pittsburgh - 23
    Chicago - 6

Passing Leaders
    Bradshaw (Pit) - 16/27 , 212 yards , 2 TD's 1 INT
    Luckman (Chi) - 10/24 , 101 yards , 0 TD's 2 INT

Rushing Leaders
    Jerome Bettis - 19 attempts , 61 yards
    Walter Peyton - 23 attempts , 69 yards

Receiving Leaders
    A. Brown (Pit) - 9 rec. , 121 yards , 1 TD
    M. Ditka (Chi) - 5 rec. 56 yards , 0 TD

Defensive Leaders
    J. Hamm (Pit) - 12 tackles
    D. Butkus (Chi) - 14 tackles

Rod Woodson (Pit) - 1 Interception
    Troy Polamalu (Pit) - 1 Interception
    C. Tillman (Chi) - 1 Interception , 1 Forced Fumble

Greg Lloyd (Pit) 2 sacks
    Richard Dent (Chi) 2.5 sacks

Obviously those statistics may not always equal out mathematically - but I was just having a little fun thinking about how the game might play out and who would have the impacts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steelers by a mile.

Though, I would've had John Stallworth, instead of Hines Ward at WR.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Steelers by a mile.

It is an interestin dynamic with both him and Brown being smaller in size , Ward would fit in greatly with the smash mouth style though as one of - if not THE best blocking receiver of all time and his willingness to go over the middle.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steelers by a mile.

Ward is a better blocker than Stallworth and is the Steelers all-time leading a receiver. It would have been a crime to leave Ward off the team, and this is coming from someone who utterly despised him.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What others have said. It would be like the Bills/Browns 6-3 game except instead of because both teams are awful it would be one of the greatest football games ever played.

Gotta go with the Steel Curtain though. They'd shut down Payton and then the Bears would be screwed. Chicago's D would hold up until late in the 3rd, when Bradshaw finally connects with Ward after a fake to Brown in double coverage and they go up 7-3. Add a late FG for Pittsburgh to lock it up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steelers by a mile.

I agree

Thread Information