Thread: I wish I was Normal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I wish I was Normal.

I wish I was Normal.

I wish that saying that wouldn't always be followed by the every predictable "Being normal is boring" and other variations. I wish people would understand that a lot of weird people want nothing more than to not be weird, to function on a day to day basis in a manner that didn't set off their crippling social anxieties.

I wish I was normal because dealing with autism and fetal alcohol syndrome, two things I have no control over, is becoming more and more of a chore. I wish my brain didn't constantly feel like everything in there was constantly moving about in such a way that I can physically feel it.

I wish people understood more why I hate my mother, hell, I wish I didn't hate my mother, but her being the direct reason I have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and my only memories of her being of abuse and her sleeping around with drug dealers doesn't help.

I wish I could have finished this post without saying I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat, with a bat, and a 64 Impala, but if I didn't make the reference someone would.

I just wish I was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I wish I was Normal.

Maybe it's just your definition of normal???
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What @Theend said, it depends what your definition of the term "normal" is to you & what society's meaning of "normal" is.

What I do, I believe is "normal" to me. However, I'm aware that what may be "normal" to me may not be "Normal" to others.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the old school song reference. I will be listening to the song shortly.

in response I say, 'normal is an illusion. What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly'

I can somewhat relate. I wish I was normal in terms of being generally unhappy with myself. I think very very little of myself. I wish I could love or even like myself and not constantly feel unwanted or unwelcome.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Happy Little Mistakes Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is normal. Being abnormal is the normal. Everyone has something wrong with them or something odd about them. If they say they don't, they're in denial, which is it's own issue. Be yourself and fuck everyone else.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one is prefect, someone normal is someones abnormal, sometimes in life we get dealt a bad hand, but like in poker its how you play the hand that count

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be epileptic due to severe head trauma, have an undiagnosed yet fatal food allergy (Mayo clinic couldn't figure it out) and pull the trifecta of early on-set heart diseases. Pretty sure I win this one. TJ out!
    Making PW great again!

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
    Be epileptic due to severe head trauma, have an undiagnosed yet fatal food allergy (Mayo clinic couldn't figure it out) and pull the trifecta of early on-set heart diseases. Pretty sure I win this one. TJ out!
    I don't think we're keeping scores on abnormalities.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl, who looked good, I would call her.

The donkey brains and physical deformity thing certainly doesn't help, also that whole "every moment I live is agony" thing is kind of a bummer. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
    Undiagnosed yet fatal food allergy?

Only one way to figure that out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I wish I was Normal.

I wish that saying that wouldn't always be followed by the every predictable "Being normal is boring" and other variations. I wish people would understand that a lot of weird people want nothing more than to not be weird, to function on a day to day basis in a manner that didn't set off their crippling social anxieties.

I wish I was normal because dealing with autism and fetal alcohol syndrome, two things I have no control over, is becoming more and more of a chore. I wish my brain didn't constantly feel like everything in there was constantly moving about in such a way that I can physically feel it.

I wish people understood more why I hate my mother, hell, I wish I didn't hate my mother, but her being the direct reason I have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and my only memories of her being of abuse and her sleeping around with drug dealers doesn't help.

I just wish I was normal.
    What is normal mate? By many definitions you are more normal than I am. You called the cops for a poster who was in danger, my anxiety would never allow me to do something like that. I assume you work, I worked two of the last 10 years. You trained to wrestle and have accomplished a dream many here always wished they could but never have.

I been through this, and go through it everyday though. What you are dealing with ableism and neurotypical privilege. Google those items and it should make you feel a little better. Obviously I have no answers on how to get through life since I am not doing it myself due to similar issues. But do not let autism (I had no idea actually from your posts) or FAS define you. These are part of you, but not you.

Theend I believe got really into the nature of mental health at one point and may have some interesting stuff on how diagnoses should never be used as labels due to systematic faults in how we even understand mental health.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it makes you feel better, @Falcone, I wouldn't know you had those issues if you hadn't told us.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, ditto for the social anxiety. What he did for Kemis is above and beyond what most of PW is comfortable doing. A bunch of people read the thread, he was the one who acted. Taking action when others won't is what people heroes.

I did not mention it, but Falcone can benefit from seeing a good therapist to deal with the issues of his mum. I have no idea how to address that stuff since it is well out of my league. But that shit needs to be worked through with a professional as it would mess anyone up. A good therapist would also help with the social anxiety and self image issues.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Undiagnosed yet fatal food allergy?

Only one way to figure that out.
    Guess you missed the part about the Mayo Clinic not being able to figure it out. It's actually random and weird. When the Mayo Clinic gives up, you kind of know its weird.
    Making PW great again!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is more of, how do you know it is a fatal food allergy? Generally fatal food allergies are that way because the killed the people with the condition.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    The question is more of, how do you know it is a fatal food allergy? Generally fatal food allergies are that way because the killed the people with the condition.
    That's my only thought on it. I mean, does one have to play Russian Roulette every time they try a new food?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Because I did die. I was dead for over a minute and was brought back. 3 days in a coma before I woke up. A couple days after that with a breathing tube in my mouth into my lungs. All said and done, damn lucky to be as healthy as I am.

Up side, I'm technically a zombie!
    Making PW great again!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I don't know what normal is exactly because everybody has problems that make them think they aren't normal. I've plenty. I've got relationship with women issues. I find it hard to develop friendships. I have abandonment issues. I'm bi-polar. I get ideas or images in my head that I know are wrong, and I don't really have any intention to do any of these things but still the imagery is there in my head. Like sometimes I'll just see some clerk at the grocery store and just imagine that I'm robbing him and shoot him in the head. I have no desire to do this but the imagery just pops into my head, that and other things. I know shit like that isn't normal. I just generally feel like nobody with the exception of one person right now really understands me and it gets hard sometimes to kind of live a life detached.

Thread Information