Thread: Climate Change / Global Warming

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Climate Change / Global Warming

It's going to be 62 degrees today in NY. And it will be in the 40's and 50's for all days in the foreseeable future. It's February (winter)!

When will this start getting apocalyptic? Even if we're not past the tipping point yet, Trump doesn't believe in climate change/global warming. We're screwed. I know, because I took Environmental Science 109 at Nassau Community College.

But seriously, those who ARE informed. What do you know about this?
    Last edited by CellWaters; 02-19-2017 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Climate Change / Global Warming

Everyone is full of crop when it comes to climate change.
    We say it's important, but who is putting their hands up for doubling the electricity bill and losing all manufacturing in their country?

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That the "climate change" is a naturally occurring cycle and while human activity may have some effect on it, it's no where as bad as it is made out to be. Its a way for government across the world to try to control people's personal and economic behaviors by keeping them in a constant state of chaos. I don't know anyone who wants dirty air, dirty water or dirty land. However when some "green friendly" initiative or product is introduced my first question is who is making a buck off of it.

Humans have this annoying habit of defining "forever" within their own life spans. The Earth is 4.5 billion years old. We only have meterological records from what?? the past 200-300 years. The average human lives around 80 years. Could it possibly be there is more going on? I remember reading an article in National Georgraphic about glaciers melting in Canada and how as the ice retreated it was revealing tree stumps from an ancient forest. Nowhere in the article did it address what I thought was the obvious point, if the melting ice is revealing tree stumps then that part of Canada was not always under ice. At least long enough for a forest to grow.

My entire attitude on "climate change" is so what?? IF warmer weather is going to cause there to be ice melt that raises ocean levels wouldn't the prudent decision to be to move further inland or to higher ground, or if in the example of the Seycelles abandoning the islands "sinking" into the sea. Back to my above point. I think may people assume the current coastlines have always been the coastlines since day 1. They haven't. The inconvenient truth is that humans are also dreadfully lazy. If and when say Miami goes underwater I swear there will people who will stand there and drown rather than moving somewhere dryer. This has happened before.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the climate change is one those things i dont know should i belive in it or not. I am skeptical, because the things scientists were saying in early 90`s has not come true. Still we should not throw our shit in rivers and pollute the air with CO2.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm convinced that it's a legit thing, I'm not educated enough to get into a debate about it but the case I've seen to support it's legitimacy seems solid to me, scientists like Carl Sagan in the past and Neil Tyson I got to go with over Donald Trump and a bunch of other politicians and conspiracy theorists. It seems like it's become a right vs left/religion vs science thing or maybe it always has been but it just seems like common sense to me that smog and pollutants being pumped into the air at the rate we are doing it is just not a good thing, something that needs to be changed.

Then I think about how humans are just a product of this earth, everything on this planet serves a purpose to keep the planet going it seems, if our intelligence causes us to cause harm to the planet why would we be intelligent, it doesn't make sense(unless maybe humans are like a disease for a planet, like what cancer is to the human body). What if we were meant to warm up the planet to prevent ice ages from wiping everything out, what if that is our sole purpose here and the reason why we evolved to be so smart, to be able to control fire and create greenhouse effect with our technology. I don't really know, I'm just coffee/weed rambling at this point.

I do know that this has been the warmest winter I've ever had here where I live, and this is coming from somebody that has worked outdoors everyday almost for the past 17-18 years. This winter I got sunburned worse than I ever have before in the winter, I'm talking about a mid-Summer sunburn in the middle of February. We've had maybe 2-3 really cold days but every other day it's been up in the 70's and 80's, last weekend it got so hot I almost turned on my AC. It was in 2011 when we went through a pretty bad drought here, no rain for several months, a lot of trees died, farmers couldn't afford to feed their animals because the prices got so high. None of the old timers I talked to about it had ever seen anything like it around here in their lifetimes. We had some pretty bad wildfires that summer that took out miles of wooded areas and houses, that's not something that ever happens around here, it was crazy. That was just a drought that lasted a little while, scary to think about what an even longer, more severe drought would do to this area/economy. I'm afraid with a warm winter like this that we are looking at another Summer like that one in 2011.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-19-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Thread Information