Thread: Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

The Doctor

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

After what happened Monday this has to be what we're getting for the RAW main event at mania
    How to win the WWE title
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

Am I the only one who thought the Festival of Friendship was hysterical last night?

Jericho was on fire with his over-the-top comedy. And Owens was great too.

The magician was alright. Gillbergs return was funny...

But The Creation of Kevin was the best comedy bit. Jericho presented Kevin: The Creation of Adam, only it was Kevin and Chris both nude touching fingers (instead of God and Adam). It looked really gay. Owens was like, I have a wife and kids... It's even funnier that it was the day before Valentine's day.

Then the List of KO (with Jericho's name), and Owens turning on Jericho was the exclamtion point.

Great segment! Full of laughs. And a nice swerve.

I guess Chris Jericho is the face, and Kevin Owens is the heel going into Wrestlemania (which was the logical move).

I think Owens is dropping the Universial title to Goldberg. And this match will be for the US Title.

I'm really excited about this feud. But I'm also a little disapointed the best friends broke up.
    Last edited by CellWaters; 02-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    After what happened Monday this has to be what we're getting for the RAW main event at mania
    Lesnar vs Goldberg will be the Raw main event. Jericho and Owens will probably fight for the US title.

I'm kind of sad this match is actually happening but at the same time, Jericho and Owens are going to put on a war that could be a potential show stealer. I'll take it, I guess.

RIP Best Friends.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm bummed that their run had to come to an end, also. They have been fantastic together and Jericho has had one of the best runs of his career during their pairing. He has been unbelievably entertaining. A lot of older Superstars tend to coast off of their past achievements and Very rarely have a whole new version of their character or generate as many new 'over' catchphrases as Jericho has. This has been a whole new evolution of Jericho. Owens has shown how talented he is again and again both in the ring and out.
    We knew it was ending, and it's fairly common knowledge that Jericho is leaving in May to go back on tour with Fozzy. But that doesn't change the fact that I, in no way, wanted this to come to an end. How they achieved it was perfect, though. From the gifts to the magician, to Gillberg, to Jericho's speech were all entertaining and funny. The turn by Owens was the perfect exclamation point and gave the setup for their match.

The match will almost certainly have the ability to steal the show. The feud is going to have a really good build and 6 weeks of TV time to do it in. It's gonna be a hell of a ride heading to Mania with these 2. But dammit! I'm gonna miss Jeri-KO.

They won't be the RAW main event for Mania, but they have the potential be the most compelling story and most entertaining RAW feud of this Mania.

I echo @RT's sentiments, RIP Best Friends. I look forward to the mayhem.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question.

In the lead-up to their match, who will either of them get to be their partners in the inevitable tag team matches that will be booked on Raw?
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Here's a question.

In the lead-up to their match, who will either of them get to be their partners in the inevitable tag team matches that will be booked on Raw?
    It will be: Jericho & Sami vs. Owens & Joe
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jericho should only return a week or two before mania. This match is red hot now, only it need is the return from Jericho and a promo. Should be good thou.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The breakup segment was strong & finally what this feud needed. Don't see how I'm supposed to be upset by the breakup though. Neither guy has come off as likable. The only reason this could work is cause Owens came off as way more of a dick then Jericho ever has, but I'm not convinced that Jericho is as compelling after taking a beatdown. His character completely changes when out in the sympathetic role & not for the better

As far as the title goes, I think that Owens turning on Jericho before the Goldberg match (Incredibly stupid by KO) makes that match more intriguing. Goldberg could run through Owens in 2 minutes (How I'd do it) or Jericho could ensure Owens wins in order to face KO for the title @ Mania. Jericho should be gone until a Fastlane or RAW after selling the injuries

Think the match will just be average though, I think people's expectations are way too high for this bout. Jericho & Owens have both had many forgettable matches lately, together? Could easily get lost in shuffle. The story doesn't make the match compelling

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let Owens go to Fastlane and beat Goldberg via Lesnar interference.

While Owens moves on quickly, have Jericho go through the 5 stages of grief:

Denial - He acts like he's fine. He doesn't confront Owens but gets on with things while other heels poke him.

Anger - He goes on a random rage attack and buries somebody nobody or interviewer.

Bargaining - He finally confronts Owens and asks him why. Asks him to reconsider. He goes super pathetic.

Depression - Full on depression Jericho. He doesn't show up to work.

Acceptance - His music hits at the end of RAW and he finally challenges Owens. Title v. Title.
    Bring back the fourth wall

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand they had to cement Kevin Owens as the heel, and Chris Jericho as the face...

But when Owens said he never considered Jericho a friend, and when Jericho seemed hurt by this. Well, you felt really bad for Jericho.

I don't want to pity Jericho. I want him to be funny and a little goofy - the guy we all love. I want him to be like: cheer me on, mannnnn!

Not having Owens rip him apart and he seems devastated.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters
    I understand they had to cement Kevin Owens as the heel, and Chris Jericho as the face...

But when Owens said he never considered Jericho a friend, and when Jericho seemed hurt by this. Well, you felt really bad for Jericho.

I don't want to pity Jericho. I want him to be funny and a little goofy - the guy we all love. I want him to be like: cheer me on, mannnnn!

Not having Owens rip him apart and he seems devastated.

Good point but considering Jericho's great ability to play on folks' emotions couldn't you say that he was making ppl sympathetic to him?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jericho is super over at the moment. When you consider he put over Fandango at WM 29, wasn't even at WM 30 or 31, and last year had a pretty weak outing against AJ ... he's come a long way in the last 12 months.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters View Post
    He quite literally said this on Raw two days ago.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    He quite literally said this on Raw two days ago.
    WHOA!

Thread Information