Thread: How many matches this year?

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How many matches this year?

Is it just me, or are there wayyyyy too many possible matches this year? Annoyingly these are matches which would potentially steal the show on Takeover the night before, but are likely to not even make the cut. I've got upwards of about 16 matches with no one superstar double-booked, and that's forgetting the likes of Miz, Ziggler, etc... who they always seem to miss the opportunity to find a good match for anyway - its madness. On the one hand, this is definite proof that the philosophy of 'more content is fine' is in a way working its magic. Unfortunately it also means that the card is completely lacking focus in some senses, and there will probably be many missed opportunities, unless they're planning to have a total of about 6.5-7 hours of showtime.

What are everyone else's thoughts and what/who do you fear is going to miss the cut? Joe? Nak? Zayn? Balor? Ambrose?

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How many matches this year?

I can see about 15 matches. 4 main matches for both SD & RAW, Tag & Women's match for each, Cruisers, Andre Battle Royal & Show/Shaq. Maybe 1 more to fill in anyone not already on Card, but anyone not in a singles match can be in the Battle Royal. I think Joe & Braun should both be in Battle Royal to help make it more compelling

Mania should be a 6 hour show. Certainly not a concern having 15 matches with that much time

And Nak fits better on NXT right now anyway + Balor still recovering from injury, neither will be @ Mania

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six hours!? Good lord. I missed the pre-show last year and could barely make it through the main card, and that was, what? 4 hours? And I know I'm not the only person that was complaining the show was too long.

Starting with Wrestlemania 35 they should make it a weekend event. Takeover Friday night, 3-hour show Saturday with one main event, 3-hour show Sunday with another main event. I don't know if that's financially feasible or not but it would be an interesting approach. And the WWE could definitely pull it off with the amount of talent they have.

Anyway...we're in for another long haul this year, that's for sure. At least the few matches we know we're getting sound like they'll be good.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    Mania should be a 6 hour show. Certainly not a concern having 15 matches with that much time
    Was 6.5 hours last year with the overrun and pre-show added in.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops. Wrong thread.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is supposed to be inspirational, but the Black History Month segment was like when second graders give a joint speech where every student has a sentence.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Starting with Wrestlemania 35 they should make it a weekend event. Takeover Friday night, 3-hour show Saturday with one main event, 3-hour show Sunday with another main event. I don't know if that's financially feasible or not but it would be an interesting approach. And the WWE could definitely pull it off with the amount of talent they have.
    Don't think you can sell out a 60000+ seater two nights in a row... but I could possibly see a time soon when they shift it over four days: HoF Thursday, 3 Hr Warm Up (including a decent main event and ongoing build) Friday, Takeover Saturday, and the event itself Sunday. It sort of already has become a weekend event so not infeasible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    I can see about 15 matches. 4 main matches for both SD & RAW, Tag & Women's match for each, Cruisers, Andre Battle Royal & Show/Shaq. Maybe 1 more to fill in anyone not already on Card, but anyone not in a singles match can be in the Battle Royal. I think Joe & Braun should both be in Battle Royal to help make it more compelling

And Nak fits better on NXT right now anyway + Balor still recovering from injury, neither will be @ Mania
    Thing is, as has been pointed out, last year was longer and only included 11 proper matches. That still leaves a minimum of 3, and I'd argue more like 4 or 5, without a home.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    Don't think you can sell out a 60000+ seater two nights in a row... but I could possibly see a time soon when they shift it over four days: HoF Thursday, 3 Hr Warm Up (including a decent main event and ongoing build) Friday, Takeover Saturday, and the event itself Sunday. It sort of already has become a weekend event so not infeasible.
    I think of they sold package deals then remaining tickets to either show they could do it.

Or, y'know...stop trying to break the attendance record every year because it's fucking stupid and they lie about it anyway.

Thread Information