Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton: WWE Championship Match

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton: WWE Championship Match

WWE blew their load on this. Would have been far better if they continued the build and then swerved with Orton burning down the Shack on the Go Home Raw.

Seems like they're scrambling for a change in booking therefore skipped the final act of this story and forwarded to the end to introduce some new element.
    Bring back the fourth wall

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy should change his theme to I hear voices in your shed

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WWE would be really stupid to pass up a WM Main Event with AJ Styles. He is far more over than Orton and Wyatt.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've had a story with Orton & Wyatt for over 6 months now. This is the culmination of something that started back in September. So the feud has merit to it. There isn't any merit to a Styles v Wyatt right now. They can do that any other time, it doesn't have to be now. The big matches aren't just about whose the biggest star, it's what's the most compelling story & 100% that is Orton & Wyatt, they have been the best thing on SD since the Brand Split so it deserves the WWE Title Match. Just because Styles has had a great year doesn't mean he won't have a big match. He's big enough now so no matter what he does @ Mania it's a showcase match

Everything with Orton & Wtatt has gotten great reactions. It makes most sense as the title natch

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    They've had a story with Orton & Wyatt for over 6 months now. This is the culmination of something that started back in September. So the feud has merit to it. There isn't any merit to a Styles v Wyatt right now. They can do that any other time, it doesn't have to be now. The big matches aren't just about whose the biggest star, it's what's the most compelling story & 100% that is Orton & Wyatt, they have been the best thing on SD since the Brand Split so it deserves the WWE Title Match. Just because Styles has had a great year doesn't mean he won't have a big match. He's big enough now so no matter what he does @ Mania it's a showcase match

Everything with Orton & Wtatt has gotten great reactions. It makes most sense as the title natch
    If that's what you think and you're into the most, then hope you enjoy it. I reiterate, if AJ is passed up for the main event and they assign him to wrestle Shane Mcmahon, then fuck this company.

You don't give Orton the main event at Wrestlemania and make AJ Styles wrestle Shane F'n Mcmahon. What kind of bullshit is that?

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the most over guy should main event WrestleMania on the basis that he's the most over? Let's have Cena main event every year then.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cena and Styles are the most over wrestlers in the whole company. What's your issue? Those two have a lot more history than Orton and Wyatt. Both of them are far more over. The feud is a lot more interesting. Several months ago, I fantasy booked Cena and Styles for the championship, with Styles going over clean.

But instead they are putting Cena with the Miz this year.

Todd, it's obvious that you are trying to bait me into an irrational argument on the basis that I hate Cena. nice try. Trying to make me look bad. I got a Stone Cold salute for you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing says that Styles is now out of the main event at mania. They could just make it a triple threat match, granted AJ being in there is very random now the way the stoyline played out and Shane taking that away from him leading to a match makes sense but I hope they don't go that route.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not like this is AJ's one and only shot. Do I want him in a main event at Wrestlemania, of course I do. Do I want him in a main event where he'd be a clear 3rd wheel, definitely not.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    It's not like this is AJ's one and only shot. Do I want him in a main event at Wrestlemania, of course I do. Do I want him in a main event where he'd be a clear 3rd wheel, definitely not.
    If the alternative is Shane being his opponent, I'd take him being the third wheel. I respect Shane for putting his body on the line with these crazy bumps that he does but damn near everything before that is a snooze. His matches are just brawls with lots of resting, a big spot, and him ending up with the loss. I have no doubt AJ could get something good out of him, something far better than the encounter with Undertaker but waisting AJ with Shane just seems wrong. AJ should get Undertaker if he's not in the main event. Roman can just continue his shit with Strowman.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Just to clarify, It's not the end of the world if Styles doesn't main event Wrestlemania. I'd be fine with him in a mid card match, like he was last year. My root issue is his opponent being Shane Mcmahon, of all f'n people. Put Styles against almost anybody, except Ellsworth, and I'd have almost no issue with that.

My dream is that Styles main event Wrestlemania. But we can't all get what we want. But at the very least, book him in a match where it's almost guaranteed he is going to have a match of the year.

I'd mark out for Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles. Fuck yes. Take my bloody money.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what you all get for getting so excited by Shane O'Mac's return last year. Apparently, he actually did give a good boost to ticket sales leading up to Mania, so I can understand this in a way, although the factor of the surprise return and having not seen him in years is obviously not there anymore. But they see him as a draw, so makes sense they'd want to use him in a match.

I'd rather not see Shane wrestling (I'm lower on him overall than most here) and would far rather AJ be given something better in terms of potential match quality, but there are positives for fans of AJ. Being given a match against Shane at Mania shows, as if there was any doubt by this point, that they are big on him. They will see Shane as one of the most marquee opponents possible, so that bodes well for Styles in 2017 and beyond. Another sort-of positive is this gives AJ the chance to see if he can have a good match with Shane McMahon in 2017. If he somehow manages to pull that off, it would be a real feather in his cap.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that's the key difference, I don't think Shane Mcmahon is a truly terrible wrestler and I enjoy his body of work.

The thing about a program with Shane is that it won't get swept under the rug, it'll get a good position and be a central focus, all things that AJ deserves. I have very little doubt that it's going to be memorable in some form.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Nothing says that Styles is now out of the main event at mania. They could just make it a triple threat match, granted AJ being in there is very random now the way the stoyline played out and Shane taking that away from him leading to a match makes sense but I hope they don't go that route.
    But then AJ would be the face, since he has a legit claim to the title shot that's been taken away from him.

And so SD would be running two angles of heels vs babyface authority figures.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Michinokudriver View Post
    But then AJ would be the face, since he has a legit claim to the title shot that's been taken away from him.

And so SD would be running two angles of heels vs babyface authority figures.
    Maybe Styles gets his title shot taken away by Shane, Shane says you can have it at a later date.... IF YOU BEAT ME AT MANIA.

Styles does boom.,

Thread Information