Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton: WWE Championship Match

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton: WWE Championship Match

Whilst Orton and Wyatt certainly deserve a singles match considering their story, I think the match would be a hell lot more interesting- and better (let's remember their No Mercy match wasn't much to write home about), if they add Styles and make it a triple threat- heck I'd even add Cena but looks like he and Nikki have Miz and Maryse...

Either way, the SD main event of Wrestlemania will deliver!

The Wicked Messenger

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really looking forward to the build through mania. That moment when Bray won and Orton entered the ramp was a very good cliffhanger.

I must say however, the proposed idea a few of you have mentioned with Cena joining the party would be more intriguing. They could keep us guessing whether Orton will turn on Bray, then finally have Orton win by RKOing him outta nowhere. They could even have Orton take the cover over Cena so Bray will save some face.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched Talking Smack, and appears that indeed Randy Orton pulled himself out of the main event of WrestleMania.

And next week, also announced on Talking Smack, there will be a battle royal to determine a new #1 contender.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I just watched Talking Smack, and appears that indeed Randy Orton pulled himself out of the main event of WrestleMania.

And next week, also announced on Talking Smack, there will be a battle royal to determine a new #1 contender.
    Harper wins the match.

Orton re-enters to protect his "master"...when Bray least expects it during the build, Orton strikes.

Wyatt Family Triple Threat after all.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Harper wins the match.

Orton re-enters to protect his "master"...when Bray least expects it during the build, Orton strikes.

Wyatt Family Triple Threat after all.
    I said something to this effect in the party thread and feel it would be the most interesting way to go. I do love how they've booked this feud to get me intrigued.

One small aside, I think Orton should wait to strike at Wrestlemania to win the match. It makes sense because he already has Wyatt's trust so why break that trust before the match and instead capitalize during the match with a RKO for the ultimate victory.

All credit goes to surrender!

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack, "I can't force Randy Orton to main event Wrestlemania."

Why the hell not? Authority figures do it all the time. They make wrestlers wrestle matches. That is a wrestler's job. Orton is a wrestler, and Daniel Bryan is his boss. His official boss. Not his "master". So, yes, he can force Orton to face Bray. Of course, he doesn't have to, but why wouldn't he? Orton won the Rumble, so he's supposed to main event Wrestlemania. That's the whole point of the Rumble match. The sole reason it exists. The Harper idea is cool, and no doubt what will happen, but the story of Orton being forced to fight his master is also pretty cool.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I hope Harper does get put into this match.

I always thought Harper was capable of big things in WWE but the thought Brodie Lee challenging for the WWE World Championship at Wrestlefuckingmania is making my head spin a little. I know it's not the same, but in my little illogical indyfried mind, it would even soften the blow of not having AJ in the title picture.... Yeah, I know, I'm not right in the head
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I like Harper but I just don't see the appeal of adding him into the match. Randy vs Bray would be a much bigger deal without Harper in it. You can't have a guy job out half his career in the wwe and suddenly be put in the mainevent of wrestlemania, it will take away from the credibility of the match in my opinion.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack, "I can't force Randy Orton to main event Wrestlemania."

Why the hell not? Authority figures do it all the time. They make wrestlers wrestle matches. That is a wrestler's job. Orton is a wrestler, and Daniel Bryan is his boss. His official boss. Not his "master". So, yes, he can force Orton to face Bray. Of course, he doesn't have to, but why wouldn't he? Orton won the Rumble, so he's supposed to main event Wrestlemania. That's the whole point of the Rumble match. The sole reason it exists. The Harper idea is cool, and no doubt what will happen, but the story of Orton being forced to fight his master is also pretty cool.
    Yeah it's a bit dumb. At the very least Bryan should use the excuse that if he forces Orton to fight Wyatt, what's to stop Orton from just laying down for his master?

"I can't have the Smackdown main event at Wrestlemania end like that. How would that make us look?"

Lazy writing is lazy.

Anyway...so does Orton forfeit his title shot by not fighting at Mania or does he get it at a future date? Does he think he can hold on to it until Bray is no longer Champion? Because that might be cool.

Imagine someone winning the title from Bray Wyatt, then Randy Orton shows up and is like "okay I want my title shot now," RKO, pin, grabs the title and hands it back to Bray Wyatt.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Daniel doesn't want a finger poke of doom type of moment at WM and he knows how brainwashing Bray can be.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobain. View Post
    Maybe Daniel doesn't want a finger poke of doom type of moment at WM and he knows how brainwashing Bray can be.
    Yep, exactly what I was saying in my post. They should really hammer that home instead of Daniel Bryan being a pushover authority figure that just throws up his hands like "welp, can't do anything about it!"

You challenged The Miz to be a better wrestler, you've made Smackdown the best thing the WWE has to offer right now, you have literally YEARS of history of Bray Wyatt to point at...why not use it? So lazy.

"We're talking about a guy that brainwashed Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and possibly the most powerful wrestler in the WWE today, Braun Strowman. The same guy who got inside John Cena's head, a guy who isn't above using children against you. A guy who RESURRECTED The Undertaker after his loss at Wrestlemania. A guy who still has Xavier Woods under his spell despite the two not crossing paths for months, as we saw in the Royal Rumble. We all know the kind of power that Bray Wyatt has over people, and Randy Orton is no exception. Put them in a ring together and nobody knows what will happen, and I'm not about to rob the fans of the best possible match Smackdown can put on at this year's Wrestlemania."

There. I fucking wrote it for you, Daniel. Go say it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it obvious that Orton will beat Wyatt for the title at some point, a scenario in which should've been Bryan a few years back in this exact same storyline thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bray Wyatt looks way too happy as the WWE Champion:

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Harper wins the match.

And this is what everyone knows will happen which makes it so boring. Only way I can see this turning out good is if Orton attacks Bray so badly they keep him off TV for months. No BS injury, have Orton beat him so badly, Bray loses faith. During this time they can prep a new family. Also could do far out shit with Mika being Sister Abigail.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Bray Wyatt looks way too happy as the WWE Champion:
    He is third generation so I think this means something very different to him than a lot of other guys. Pity Blackjack was not around to see him take the belt. Neither gramps or his pops won the big won.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plot Twist - Erik Rowan wins the battle royal and its Wyatt/Orton/Rowan at Mania for the title.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    He is third generation so I think this means something very different to him than a lot of other guys. Pity Blackjack was not around to see him take the belt. Neither gramps or his pops won the big won.
    He might be better than his father and grandfather, but still will never hold a candle to his uncle former NWA champ Barry Windhan

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew one of his family did take the NWA belt, utterly forgot about Barry. Windham I will freely admit I have not seen much of at all. Just his work in the New Blackjacks, which I did like a lot. I did not watch wrestling during the Horseman era at all.

Blackjack I think was better than Bray. Then again, Bray is still young and his character shows he has a mind like few others. Pity the writers cannot use this character though and made it a cheap Raven knockoff. Either way, Bray does come from a killer wrestling family that it seems most fans are not aware of at all.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after last night and the fact we're getting a #1 contender's match next week, what's everyone's prediction?

AJ wins and we just get Bray vs AJ?
    Harper wins and we get a main event nobody could have possibly predicted for Wrestlemania?
    Harper wins and Orton says "I must protect muh master" and inserts himself to make it a Triple Threat?

I'm betting on option 3, which might make the match interesting but will almost definitely end with sneaky snek stealing the World title from Bray, which I don't like.

Imagine the crowd if Orton turned on Wyatt and RKO'd him, then Harper, knowing Orton was going to turn eventually, capitalizes and wins the title. I'd never ever bet on that happening but imagine it for a sec. The crowd would lose their fucking minds.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harper winning & AJ whining about getting screwed again & calling out Shane after makes most sense. AJ feels he's being screwed over & Orton once Harper wins will join the match to "help" Bray. Orton turning on Bray during the match to get the title does make sense story wise, but Bray or Luke winning makes sense also. That's something cool that any end to the story would fit. Either way, this is a marquee match @ Mania

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what they are doing. They are building suspense and there is actually a "What will happen?" feeling. Even though it's pretty clear that it's still going to be Orton/Wyatt, I like that Harper has been thrown into the mix as sort of a wildcard and I like how they are planning an angle around this.

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    So after last night and the fact we're getting a #1 contender's match next week, what's everyone's prediction?

AJ wins and we just get Bray vs AJ?
    Harper wins and we get a main event nobody could have possibly predicted for Wrestlemania?
    Harper wins and Orton says "I must protect muh master" and inserts himself to make it a Triple Threat?

I'm betting on option 3, which might make the match interesting but will almost definitely end with sneaky snek stealing the World title from Bray, which I don't like.

Imagine the crowd if Orton turned on Wyatt and RKO'd him, then Harper, knowing Orton was going to turn eventually, capitalizes and wins the title. I'd never ever bet on that happening but imagine it for a sec. The crowd would lose their fucking minds.
    I doubt that. Most people including me would be underwhelmed if Harper wins at WM, the chances of which happening are zero though. He isn't big enough a star to mainevent wrestlemania. The guy hasn't mainevented a single PPV in his stint here.

Here is what I think should happen. Harper wins next week and is taken out by Orton in the following week and reinserting himself into the WM match after turning on Wyatt aswell.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, A.J. is totally going to be screwed out of his chance to Main Event Mania, and it's going to be a one on one, right?

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People were saying Orton and Bray was favored over AJ months ago so not a surprise that continues at WM and through the summer.

AJ still will get his main event at WM. Just won't be this WM. He won't pull a Punk if they keep passing up on him. AJ can have Summerslam which some fans are starting to call the real WM. Eventually AJ will get what he deserves and main event WM. This year it's just Orton and Bray.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would of loved too see Styles in the match but i dont think he would fit into the storyline part of it. I would rather Styles be against someone like Finn Balor, Shinsuke etc but Shane can take bumps and Styles is a pro so could be a good match

Thread Information