vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year

2016 Fan Fiction Year End Awards
    Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year

There's a reason Fan Fiction is listed at the bottom of the Wrestling Forums section here on P-Dub. It's because we're the only forum that is a mix of both wrestling and non-wrestling talk.

Even though the vast majority of the work posted here is wrestling-related, we do encourage and love to see non-wrestling work as well. Some great stuff that has nothing to do with wrestling at all has been posted here over the years and 2016 was no different.

Vote for your favourite. Voting will remain open for one week.

Disclaimer: I'm omitting PI's nomination for Baker's NGW. It falls under wrestling and his work has been nominated in other categories, so I don't feel it should be included here.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so proud of how long Ness has worked on Koopa, but this year it has to be Shinobi. I'm not into the idea of a fictionalized UFC, personally, BUT ...

1) The guy has a passion and is clearly knowledgeable in the topic
    2) He manages to run this fed parallel his ECW fed. That's incredible.

So yeah, Shin gets my vote.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I'm surprised how many people voted for this. I'll take it, thank you very much. I definitely still want to keep that going, got some pretty huge plans for the project starting around the year 2000 on(just getting started with 1999 right now). What I like about that project is that I've got a format going where it's easy to put the fed down for a while and pick back up with it later on, shows are really quick and easy to write. The main story or character of the fed is the promotion itself really, the way it evolves and changes through the years. I'm finally out of that 97-98 period where there was a big turnover in the roster, major rules changes, and just an overall lower budget feel to the company. It was a necessary part of the story and kind of a tough/boring one to get through. Now going into 1999 half the company is owned by Japanese backed by Yakuza, things are going to get crazy going forward.

But I don't really feel like it's fair for this to be non-wrestling, it's actually got a few shoot style pro wrestling matches carefully hidden here and there, plus I'm booking guys like Vader, Tiger Mask, Akira Maeda, etc. It's not exclusively a pro wrestling project but there is a lot of pro wrestling in it. I voted for Josh's Formula 1, I'm not really into car racing but I felt like that was a pretty cool, well executed little project with a lot of potential.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-14-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Thread Information