Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

It never mattered who you were. The Coliseum never failed to take your breath away. The stone pillars, the marble facade, the lights ...

The only thing more impressive than it's design was the fact it could be filled. To the brim, and be sure that when the PW Royal Rumble rolls around, it would be. And it's massive parking lot will be filled too.

But our story starts far away from the Mecca that is our beloved Coliseum. Our story starts all the way on the other side of that parking lot. Across the highway and across another, smaller parking lot, with cracked pavement and litter and empty bottles of liquid cowardice ...

It opens on a building the color of sand. A building that may have been white once. A building with three red letters drilled above its entrance.

MMA.

Unlike the Coliseum, this derelict monument to debauchery and low expectations wasn't a sports venue. But rather a homosexual bathhouse.

For our audience members who aren't familiar with gay culture, you'll have to forgive your humble and blushing narrator for leaving you in the dark regarding the nature of such a venue.

But my modesty can be pushed to such a limit to explain ... MMA never stood for Mixed Martial Arts, as the sporting world would assume. But rather ... Man on Man Action.

And perhaps that's what stood out to a Mr. Mad Dog Henrietta Smith when he purchased the building, which had been shut down after much petition from the dignified people who owned the Coliseum.

For Mr. Smith, Man on Man Action sounded like a swell name for a fledgling professional wrestling promotion.

And that morning, as the sun beat down on that old, decrepit building, as Mr. Smith stepped from his Uber driver's Honda Civic ...

As he looked at his roster, brave men and women waiting outside MMA's shuttered front entrance, with chips on their shoulders and fire in their hearts ...

He was more sure than ever he made the right decision ...

"Guys," he said. "There's mops and coveralls as soon as you enter the building. We gotta make this place presentable for our debut event. Let's get to work!"
    PW WANTS YOU!

To vote for in the Trios Cibernetico!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

Punch and Pie will be served!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

Chaos Kid arrives at the MMA building, late but there, he takes one look at this sand coloured building and shakes his head
    “OMG is this really the place?”

He steps inside, hoping to see something that resemble an wrestling arena, but all he sees is the inside in a worst state that it was inside, thinking to himself “How on earth is this going to be turned into anything half decent, what was this guy thinking when he bought this”

Chaos Kid looks around seeing guys working on getting this place ready, he shrugs his shoulders and grabs a broom and start sweeping all the dirt and mess around into piles of dirt

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

Mad Dog finished yelling at the contractors in spanish, not realizing they were portugese and couldn't understand him.

He looked up at the ceiling of the first floor and hoped they could cut that hole in it in three weeks. That Dragon Storm guy looked like a high flyer. It wouldn't do to have his flyers hitting their heads on the ceiling ...

Plus he had to plug all those glory holes ...

He shook his head. The idea of MMA was fun as hell but all the work ...

Then Mad Dog took a look at Chaos Kid, sweeping up like he was mad at the asbestos ...

Mad Dog didn't know about Chaos. On one hand it was easy to be sympathetic ... the kid owned his own wrestling fed not too long ago. Went under. Like most. And then there was the injury. AT one point the kid was considered one of the hottest prospects in the business ...

On the under hand? What an asshole! Seriously!

The Chaos Kid could be the most beloved wrestler in the promotion. Or the most hated. Who knew how that was gonna happen?

One thing was for sure though. He was a good catch from a promoters perspective. That hardcore, brawling style would draw.
    PW WANTS YOU!

So please head over to the Trios Cibernetico Thread in the PW Coliseum and vote for the competitors you think should go through to the next round.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragon Storm checks his GPS, "looks like this is the place" and
    walks into the MMA building. "Oh look there is Chaos Kid
    apparently the wrestling trivia leagues took a toll on him and
    he retired to become a janitor". Dragon Storm grabs a mop and
    bucket and begins cleaning years of dirt from the floor.

"This must be the former TNA Asylum and I bet Mad Dog bought this
    place for $1".

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Kid glances over as he hears the front door creeks open, as he spots Dragon Storm enter the building, Chaos Kid leans on the brush, and chuckles to himself.

“Ah What the hell” he mutters to himself, Chaos Kid walk towards Dragon storm

“Hello shadow, what bring you to a dump like this? And while you are here you can make yourself useful” as Chaos Kid passes the brush to Dragon storm

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonstorm View Post
    Dragon Storm checks his GPS, "looks like this is the place" and
    walks into the MMA building. "Oh look there is Chaos Kid
    apparently the wrestling trivia leagues took a toll on him and
    he retired to become a janitor". Dragon Storm grabs a mop and
    bucket and begins cleaning years of dirt from the floor.

"This must be the former TNA Asylum and I bet Mad Dog bought this
    place for $1".
    Oh! My! God! A dollar!? Have some respect, buster! You know how many robes and other entrance attire I had to pawn to afford this place?

I had to sell my leather jacket with the tassels, man! The tassels!

You damn kids today! I -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    Chaos Kid glances over as he hears the front door creeks open, as he spots Dragon Storm enter the building, Chaos Kid leans on the brush, and chuckles to himself.

“Ah What the hell” he mutters to himself, Chaos Kid walk towards Dragon storm

“Hello shadow, what bring you to a dump like this? And while you are here you can make yourself useful” as Chaos Kid passes the brush to Dragon storm
    *Mad Dog steps carefully between Chaos and Dragon. Having these guys get into a fight would be terrible for business. Whatever went down, it was imperative to the survival of MMA that it went down in an MMA ring ...

Which he had to remember to buy later in the week!
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Kid spots Mad Dog trying to get in-between Chaos and Dragon Storm, Chaos Kid looks Dog up and down

“Look Pup, this is between me and shadow, make yourself useful and get a dam ring, I know what you are thinking pup that me and shadow is going to start fighting and wreck the place….newsflash the place is already wrecked. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like shadow and probably more than likely Shadow doesn’t like me but after a decade of fighting I think we both have a level of respect for each other.”

Chaos Kid looks around at the rest of the wrestlers in the building
    “Anyhow you should be grateful we are here, cause looking around here I don’t see much”

Chaos Kid looks at Mad Dog, looking him up and down
    “yeah I don’t see much at all”

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Dragon Storm grabs the brush from Chaos Kid*

"Thanks "kid", where are all these other losers that are supposed
    to be helping clean up this stinking pile of trash place?

*A brick falls and hits Chaos Kid on the head*

"That will leave a mark."

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Kid spots Mad Dog trying to get in-between Chaos and Dragon Storm, Chaos Kid looks Dog up and down

“Look Pup, this is between me and shadow, make yourself useful and get a dam ring, I know what you are thinking pup that me and shadow is going to start fighting and wreck the place….newsflash the place is already wrecked. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like shadow and probably more than likely Shadow doesn’t like me but after a decade of fighting I think we both have a level of respect for each other.”

Chaos Kid looks around at the rest of the wrestlers in the building
    “Anyhow you should be grateful we are here, cause looking around here I don’t see much”

Chaos Kid looks at Mad Dog, looking him up and down
    “yeah I don’t see much at all”
    Hey, man ... I got a ring ...

A big one!

It's in storage ...

*Dragon Storm grabs the brush from Chaos Kid*

"Thanks "kid", where are all these other losers that are supposed
    to be helping clean up this stinking pile of trash place?

*A brick falls and hits Chaos Kid on the head*

"That will leave a mark."
    *Mad Dog gasps as the brick hits Kid in the head. Quickly, the uninsured promoter of MMA goes through a list of scenarios where it was actually Chaos Kid's fault.

But remarkedly, it doesn't seem like he needs any of them. Chaos seems fine.

Home boy took a brick to the head and swatted at it like a fly ...
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Now you see Chaos was a kid back when Noah was building his ark so you see
    he doesn't have it anymore. One wrong bump and he ends up like Humpty Dumpty.
    Ok Scooby when does my pyro arrive? I also want a red cape and a flamethrower.
    Why can't we just move into the old ECW bingo hall we can kick out all the old
    folks there."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"yeah lets him have a flamethrower, or maybe we can toast a shadow" mocks Chaos kid "you really think I dont have it anymore, chuck one of those PW loser in a ring with me and I'll prove if I still got it, you can see them all trying not to have eye contact with us, just proves that I intimate them"

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Now you see Chaos was a kid back when Noah was building his ark so you see
    he doesn't have it anymore. One wrong bump and he ends up like Humpty Dumpty.
    Ok Scooby when does my pyro arrive? I also want a red cape and a flamethrower.
    Why can't we just move into the old ECW bingo hall we can kick out all the old
    folks there."
    *Mad Dog is only half listening to Dragon. He still can't believe that the Chaos Kid is still standing.

Oh, yeah, I might have an old cape laying around. No flame throwers, though. We'd never get an insurance company to-

"yeah lets him have a flamethrower, or maybe we can toast a shadow" mocks Chaos kid "you really think I dont have it anymore, chuck one of those PW loser in a ring with me and I'll prove if I still got it, you can see them all trying not to have eye contact with us, just proves that I intimate them"
    Okay, guys, let's chill out here. You're scaring the FOOWS. (*Fresh Out of Wrestling School).

Uh, Kid, why don't you go scare the homeless people out of the steam room? Huh? YOu'd be great at that. Just remember, it's like wrestling. No closed fists.

And Dragon? Literally all the toilets are clogged up. Why don't you ...

*Mad Dog looks into Dragon eyes and changes his mind.

Why don't I go take care of that and you just keep doing what you're doing ... okay?
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Official Man on Man Action Format

Ladies and Gentlemen, MMA is just two weeks from debuting in PW. I wanna give the heads up to all our competitors, as well as potential voters, on what the format will be for the event.

For the most part MMA will have a very similar format to all other PW events. There are a few differences.

1. The General Discussion Thread.

The first MMA event, Boys & Girls in America, currently has a general discussion thread open to all participants as well as potential voters. This thread serves as promotion for the event as well as a type of role playing sandbox. The idea is to develop your character and feuds and get the attention of voters. Since votes determine who wins the matches, its good to give voters as much reason as possible to vote for you. Voters are encouraged to take the General Discussion Thread into consideration when they pick their winners.

2. Pre-Match Promos.

Twenty Four hours before every match, a dedicated Pre-Match Promo thread will go up. This will serve as a two minute warning. A last chance for each competitor to stand out. Once again, voters are encouraged to take these promos into consideration when picking their winners. And participants are encouraged to take time to think about what they'll say. Remember your favorite promos. Channel your heroes. Be creative.

3. The match.

For twenty four hours, voters will have the opportunity to vote for their winners. This is where a winner will be decided. Contenders for championships and championships themselves are determined by winning MMA match ups. All are welcome to vote, but competitors are especially encouraged to vote. Since your fellow fictional wrestlers are putting their hearts into this, it would be a great show of support to vote in every single match, excluding your own. Unlike the PW events, you're not allowed to vote for yourself. While there is no punishment for that, (in an effort to make this a fun, care free event,) votes for yourself won't count.

4. The Finish.

Having won a match, the winner is awarded the opportunity to tell everyone how he or she won the match. This is a chance to be creative, as voters are encouraged to take finishes into consideration the next time the winning wrestler is in a match. This is especially important in our first event, as everyone will be wrestling twice. The finish is an opportunity to keep voters or win new voters for the second match.
    The entire event should be over in four days. This will allow two days for pre-match promos threads and two days for actual matches. If this event is a success and there is interest in doing a second one, a brand new General Discussion and Role Playing thread will be created shortly. There will be a short sign up period for new Participants, and we can start looking forward to our second event.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you all find this format acceptable. I look forward to playing out this event. Hope everyone has a good time.

Next Thursday I will post the actual card for MMA I: Boys & Girls in America. Everyone will see who they're going up against. And we'll learn how the first ever MMA Champion will be crowned.
    PW WANTS YOU!

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting but I'm only here to bust balls...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    Currently watching: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Samurai Jack and Hunter X Hunter

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am i reading this right or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but you only got a 24 hour window to post promos, and the whole event is only 4 days, if it was roughly a week, then people who are usually busy with work or family life would make it easier for them to take part. Otherwise you might have a guy/gal who been working a long shift at work and the last thing on his/her mind is writing promos, with a larger window you also got a chance to do a promo reacting to your opponent promo, so I would suggest stretching out the event a little.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Very interesting but I'm only here to bust balls...
    The Ball Buster. Yeah, I could put that on a t-shirt ...

am i reading this right or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but you only got a 24 hour window to post promos, and the whole event is only 4 days, if it was roughly a week, then people who are usually busy with work or family life would make it easier for them to take part. Otherwise you might have a guy/gal who been working a long shift at work and the last thing on his/her mind is writing promos, with a larger window you also got a chance to do a promo reacting to your opponent promo, so I would suggest stretching out the event a little.
    I could make it longer I guess. I'll workshop it with the others and see what's up. See what the consensus is. I do wanna balance having a good window with making the event quick. But we could probably do both.
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. KawaGuchi was a polite, middle aged man who alway smiled.

Apron arrival, he ushered Mad Dog and Dragonstorm to the large, comfortable chairs in front of his desk. Then he sat in his own chair and poured on the honey.

"Haha! Mad Dog Smith in my office! What a day!" He pumped a fist in the air. " I am so excited about this opportunity."

Mad Dog smiled. "Well, we're excited about this opportunity too, sir. KawaGuchi is such a strong, recognized, international brand. To have it on our ring mat would do wonders for the prestige of our promotion."

"You do me too much honor, Mr. Smith. But before we get down to business ... do you have the collectible we talked about?" Mr. KawaGuchi smiled wider at this.

Mad Dog of course, had remembered to bring it. "That is correct, Mr. K. The leader of a company this big has to look sharp so ... I give you ...".

Mad Dog opened his brief case and pulled out the folded ring robe. It was the white one with the blue boa sewn into it.

Mr. K took it eagerly when Mad Dog offered it across the table. He unfolded the robe and began to smell it, to Mad Dog and Dragon's surprise.

"Oh, very good!" He said, smelling the robe again and moaning heavily. "Thank you, Mr. Smith! You have no idea how badly I wanted this!"

Mad Dog and Dragon sat in shocked silence as Mr. K took off his blazer and slipped into the robe.

"Do I look like you, Mr. Smith? Do I look sexy?"

"Holy shit," Mad Dog whispered to himself.

"Haha! I knew it! Everyone tells us we look alike!"

As Mr. K's moaning became louder, and undeniably sexual, the office door flew open. And a young man walked in quickly.

"Mr. KawaGuchi! We have a problem with research and dev-"

Mr. K started screaming in a booming Japanese voice. He grabbed a magazine off the table, one that Mad Dog hadn't noticed before titled, "Japanese Tentacle Pervert Quarterly," and started rolling it up.

Then in English, Mr. K said, "I told you not to bother me in front of our esteemed guest! Now you must be punished!"

"Ahhh! I'm so sorry, Mr. KawaGuchi!"

"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE, WORM!" Then Mr. K turned to Mr. Smith and smiled calmly. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Smith. This will not take too long ..."

And out Mr. K went, running in the ring robe.

"Holy shit," Mad Dog said, turning to Dragon.
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Kid is walking along the corridor drinking a protein shake, when a young Japanese guy comes running around the corner straight into Chaos Kid, knocking the shake out of his hand and to the floor. Chaos Kid looks at the shake on the floor and then the young guy, however before he could react, a Japanese gentleman come around the corner wearing a white robe with a blue boa and a roll up magazine in his hand.

Chaos Kid pick up the young Japanese guy from the floor roughly, then bows to the Japanese gentleman, “Kon'nichiwa, kore wa anata no monoda to omou”
    Chaos kid shoves the young guy towards the direction of the Japanese gentleman, and turns to look at his protein shake on the floor, shrugs his shoulders and walk off.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*As Chaos Kid walked into Mr. K's office, late as usual, Mad Dog was just finished defending himself to Dragonstorm.

"Okay! I didn't know he was a pervert! Okay!? But we need the money! You think you feel uncomortable? He was also asking for some ring worn trunks! That's a conflict of interest right there. I don't know what I'm gonna do about that-Oh, hey, Kid, what up?"
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“What’s up?, what up is that I got some stupid jap running around the corner knocking my dam shake to the floor followed but some Japanese Ric Flair, I thought I had enough of the nut house.”

Chaos Kid notices that Dragon storm is smirking

“So the question I need to ask you pup, is why the hell is Shadow and myself here, we don’t really know you, we cant speak or vouch for you, so why are we here?”

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“What’s up?, what up is that I got some stupid jap running around the corner knocking my dam shake to the floor followed but some Japanese Ric Flair, I thought I had enough of the nut house.”

Chaos Kid notices that Dragon storm is smirking

“So the question I need to ask you pup, is why the hell is Shadow and myself here, we don’t really know you, we cant speak or vouch for you, so why are we here?”
    Please don't call them that. PC term is Japanese American. I don't know why they're called that. This company isn't from America ...

But I haven't been a face for that long. I'm sure I'll get a pamphlet in the mail eventually.

As to why you guys are here? You guys are gonna sell this event! I got my big, beefy hardcore brawler, I got what I assume is a masked Japanese wrestler in Dragonstorm but I've been too embarressed to ask ...

Mr. K loves this shit! He's a huge mark for the wrestling! So I'd thought I'd bring you guys down here, we'd take some pics, sign some autographs, walk out of here with a check and buy that ring-

NO I ALREADY BOUGHT THE RING. OF COURSE! There's totally a ring. I'm just saying promotions cost money. There's other stuff I have to buy too.

Dragonstorm wants pyro, dude!
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos kid looks at Dragonstorm "You really want pyro, I think you need a kick up the ass myself"

Chaos Kid looks in the direction of Mad Dog, "So you want to make this event special, how about this as a suggestion, an open challenge for anyone who has the guts to answer it, a tag team challenge, Dragonstorm and myself vs anyone who think they good enough, dont get me wrong and probably Shadow will agree with me, we dont really like each other, we have been fighting against each other for a decade, we have been in all sort of matches, split a lot of each other blood, but if there is one guy in this business that i respect and that shadow"

Chaos Kid looks at the doorway, "In a minute this Japanese american freak is coming though that door and he gonna want to know what kind of main event you got planned, and that main event is gonna need to make money, we are money, and you know that, otherwise we wouldn't be in your office right now, having this conversation. I'm not here to play games or be anyone puppet, you know Dog you really dont know us, and that is something you are taking a risk with, so dont mess with us."

Chaos Kid hears footsteps coming towards the office

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. K walked back into the room wearing a ball gag, and nothing but the robe Mad Dog had given to him, open, flapping around.

Everything was flapping around.

He grabbed a whip from his wall of weapons.

"I am so, sorry, everyone. I will only take another ten to fifteen minutes. I will be right back.

When Mr. K left again, Mad Dog turned to kid.

"Haha. Kid, great minds think alike. I'm not gonna spoil anything now but on Thursday, the full card is gonna be released on our official MYSpace. I think you'll pleased. Although what I have in mind goes deeper than a mere open challenge ...

"No! There's something ... PERSONAL ... at stake at Boys & Girls In America. Something that's been on my chest for a long time. Something to do with ... REVENGE!"

Mad Dog stares into the distance, not really looking at Chaos Kid at all. Dragonstorm waves a hand in front of his face but it's no use.

Mad Dog has journeyed far into the astral realm ... where fantasies of revenge blossom into action ...
    PW WANTS YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Shame about that protein shake Chaos. I'm sure the protein would not help
    your flabby arms anyways. What's the deal with all these Japanese people running? I assume there is a Pokemon Go! competition going on around here. I don't know this is
    getting pretty strange around here. Where are all the hot
    chicks and more importantly where the hell is my pyro and
    don't tell me the fire marshall said no."

*Dragon Storm enters a room and sees Mr K wearing a ball gag
    and robe. Dragon Storm quickly shuts the door.*

"Damn 50 shades of K going on around here. I guess I am going to have to sign my match contract
    a little later on. The question is who do I want to face first? I suppose I should face a newcomer
    before taking on Chaos Kid just so Kid can write his will."
    Last edited by dragonstorm; 02-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hours later, Mad Dog, Chaos and Dragon left the KawaGuchi building ...

The skies have darkened and it had begun to rain.

Mad Dog lifted his nose in the air.

"Soon," he said. "Soon."
    PW WANTS YOU!

Thread Information