Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WWE have played it right

Lesnar vs Goldberg for the RAW title

Taker vs Reigns

Angle into the HOF

That's all they needed. The rest is just filler. It's a shame that HHH won't be in a featured match, but his storyline with Rollins was terrible anyway. Cena can stand to have a year wrestling upper mid-carders. He did that in 2009 when he faced Edge and Big Show. It didn't hurt him one bit. WWE fucks a lot up, but they deserve credit for getting it right this year. So long as they don't put too much emphasis on Owens vs Jericho's comedy feud, they will be just fine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE have played it right

Please get a new, less shitty gimmick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't disagree. Lesnar v Goldberg is way more worthy of the title then Owens v Jericho, marquee which should be title match which Lesnar v Goldberg is. Taker v Reigns wasn't my first choice but does sound amazing & is probably going to be the best built up match for the entire card. Both are smart decisions

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the WWE is making WM much more intriguing.

If anyone believes fat Owens (who I don't dislike) is worthy of main eventing WM, then you have proven you know nothing about sports entertainment.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow people are actually agreeing with the first post...

Owens and Jericho have carried Raw ever since the brand split. They deserve better at Wrestlemania than to fight over the US title in the middle of the show, than 2 part timers- one who has proven he can't even last 5 minutes anymore in a match.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

Owens and Jericho have carried Raw ever since the brand split. They deserve better at Wrestlemania than to fight over the US title in the middle of the show, than 2 part timers- one who has proven he can't even last 5 minutes anymore in a match.
    No they don't

Goldberg and Lesnar are bigger stars and for good reason. Their feud is serious and perfectly executed. Owens and Jericho have been doing poor comedy segments for months. This would be acceptable in the mid-card, but not the Main Event. Also, it's not proven yet that Bill can't go past 5 minutes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hhh just wants a main event that will be worse than his match with orton. I want taker, Goldberg and brock to fuck off after this mania. There just making the new gen look like total shit when they just run through the roaster. Either put them over or go away.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Hhh just wants a main event that will be worse than his match with orton. I want taker, Goldberg and brock to fuck off after this mania. There just making the new gen look like total shit when they just run through the roaster. Either put them over or go away.
    The new generation makes themselves look like shit. It's not Brock's fault that Rollins is dull and can't draw. It's not Taker's fault that Owens looks like the average ROH fan. It's not Goldberg's fault that Zayn has zero physical presence.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    The new generation makes themselves look like shit. It's not Brock's fault that Rollins is dull and can't draw. It's not Taker's fault that Owens looks like the average ROH fan. It's not Goldberg's fault that Zayn has zero physical presence.
    If you booked guys like they booked lesnar and taker when they first arrived then maybe they would draw. How different would brocks run be in he came in but then had to job out to hogan. While being made to look like shit. Back then they booked there young stars over the older guys now it's the other way round. Which is a big problem.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that this JeriKO duo has done EVERYTHING for Jericho and NOTHING for Owens. It actually made Kevin Owens look much worse then anything. Kevin Owens was a big deal when he started, won the championship and went down hill. No reason why Jericho is the star of the team.

Nobody is going to buy The Network to see Owens vs Jericho Main Event Wrestlemania. People will for Goldberg/Brock. It's obvious to anyone who has any sense of business and entertainment and the actual impact of Wrestlemania. Nobody cares about Kevin Owens. That's the hard truth. Part timers or not, they're bringing those extra seats away from regular wrestling fans.

Part timers are more valuable in the present WWE then full timers. It's the truth.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

Owens & Jericho have carried Raw ever since the brand split. They deserve better at Wrestlemania than to fight over the US title in the middle of the show, than 2 part timers- one who has proven he can't even last 5 minutes anymore in a match
    Those "Part Timers" are 2 of the biggest stars the WWE has right now & is easily the biggest match on the Mania Card. Owens & Jericho doesn't compare & actually feels more like a US Title feud. WWE should have big stars in their title matches which Goldberg & Lesnar are. It's 100% the best title match for Mania possible. They also elevate the Universal Title & make that title more important then anything Owens has done for it

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish the WWE would kind of think outside the box for Jericho and Owens, so they can actually have a more importance place on the card. Maybe bring in someone as an enforcer from UFC or something. When they brought Mike Tyson in for HBK/Austin, that really helped Austins career out big time.

My biggest concern with Goldberg is the fact that there is no way in hell he can pull off a decent 20 minute match.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    Those "Part Timers" are 2 of the biggest stars the WWE has right now & is easily the biggest match on the Mania Card. Owens & Jericho doesn't compare & actually feels more like a US Title feud. WWE should have big stars in their title matches which Goldberg & Lesnar are. It's 100% the best title match for Mania possible. They also elevate the Universal Title & make that title more important then anything Owens has done for it
    Just goes to show you how much Vince McMahon doesn't have any faith in his full-timers, minus Cena and Reigns.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I write Fan Fiction.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, booking does play a part overall..As already noted, if Owens were booked more viciously then he'd be taken more seriously..I like the comedic JeriKO stuff but if Owens were booked how he was when he was feuding with Cena, or even better, when he was wrestling under his real name in the indies as a heel, then he'd be a top serious heel. For anyone who doesn't believe me watch Kevin's stuff as a heel in ROH.

As for Goldberg, @Lawrence brings up a valid point about Goldberg possibly not being able to do more than a 5 minute match....Remember late last year during that pull-apart brawl on Raw with Goldberg attacking some "security guards"? Goldberg admitted (not in kayfabe but in actuality) that he hurt his shoulder throwing around those "security guards". Being that he's in his early 50s, I dunno how much his shoulder's healed to the point where he could pull off say, a 12 minute match at Wrestlemania 33..So we'll see what happens and Lesnar will probably have to carry Goldberg in their match.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jericho and Owens could actually be a bigger deal, they just need to think outside the box for this one. Both of them are incredibly talented, they just something to spice everything up. An outside enforcer, more aggressiveness from Owens, etc..

I think part of the reason why people want Owens/Jericho over Goldberg/Lesnar is because ultimately, the only thing going for Lesnar/Goldberg is their name. When you scratch beneath the surface, you can't expect much out of them that won't last more than 5 minutes. It will literally go down as one of the worst Wrestlemania main events of all time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Jericho and Owens could be 2 of the biggest stars in the WWE had they of been booked properly these last few months. We all know part timers get the best spots at Mania so they're obviously going to be booked as stars compared to the rest of the roster.

Kayfabe Owens vs Jericho is the best title match at Mania since it's been building ever since they formed in August- opposed to 2 guys who have no business in the title picture- Goldberg just challenges Owens to a title match, and Lesnar gets involved in a title match at Mania just because he challenged Goldberg to a match the week before, how the fuck does that work.

Also agree with @Soulblazed - why else would they have booked him for an 86 second match at Survivor Series or a 3 minute stint in the Royal Rumble.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying I disagree with this but here's the question.

What do you do when Goldberg leaves the company which let's be honest he will be sometime this year you'd have to assume and what do you do while Lesnar is off hunting in the backwoods of North Dakota or wherever he goes for months at a time.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I'm not saying I disagree with this but here's the question.

What do you do when Goldberg leaves the company which let's be honest he will be sometime this year you'd have to assume and what do you do while Lesnar is off hunting in the backwoods of North Dakota or wherever he goes for months at a time.
    Just let heel Roman Reigns destroy whoever comes out of Mania as champion. Duh.

All credit goes to surrender!

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    Just let heel Roman Reigns destroy whoever comes out of Mania as champion. Duh.
    Heel Roman Reigns. I think Vince has a panic attack every time those words are uttered in a meeting. I'd love to see it though.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

A touch of Destiny AgentRodimal's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Heel Roman Reigns. I think Vince has a panic attack every time those words are uttered in a meeting. I'd love to see it though.
    Why? Its not like he'd do or be any different than he is right now. He'd just be beating up face, which their aren't enough of anyway on Raw. It wouldn't change the overall reaction from the fans. The fans that actually like Reigns aren't gonna care, the fans that think they know better (and think everybody is better has a heel) are going to cheer, the rest who don't overthink all this are going to booooo because you boo the bad guy, and the fans that hate Reigns cause he wasn't an Indy guy (or Daniel Bryan) are still going to hate him. Effect: Exactly the same duel reaction he's getting now from different quarters.
    I do not understand the problem so many people have with Reigns. He's improved vastly in the ring over the last two years of solo work, he's got charisma and can cut a promo (the stuff they give him sucks sometimes, but that's on the writers, not Reigns. Gone are the days you made it up has you went along), he has a kick ass look, and he's miles ahead of people he's being compared to at this point in his career. What is the problem? Because he didn't pay his Indy dues? That's as big of B.S. has saying you never made it if you didn't wrestle in the WWE. Are people still mad because he won the Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan? If you are, waaaaa, get over yourselves, Bryan was never going to win the Rumble that year not matter what. He had his moment and it was awesome, but blaming Reigns for what happened to Bryan Danielson's career is just childish. Is it because he keeps getting pushed that you think rightfully belong to someone else? No one has the 'right' to a push, that is earned (or sucked up to I'll admit), so if your guy isn't getting pushed, it probably has nothing to do with Reigns getting a push.
    So what is it that makes those of you that so vehemently hate Roman Reigns do so, I'd really like to understand...

out

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldberg and Lesnar look and carry themselves like legit tough guys. Owens could never carry that of. He's too small and his physique is terrible. Jericho used to be great, but his self-indulgent humour these days is a turn-off. No matter how they booked it, the match would scream mid-card. Even in his prime, Jericho always needed to be with a superstar for his matches to be Main-Event worthy. Owens doesn't fit the bill. He's complete shit.

Match quality and workrate doesn't matter as much as people who attend comic cons think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    If you booked guys like they booked lesnar and taker when they first arrived then maybe they would draw. .
    No they wouldn't.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    Lesnar vs Goldberg for the RAW title

Taker vs Reigns

Angle into the HOF

That's all they needed. The rest is just filler. It's a shame that HHH won't be in a featured match, but his storyline with Rollins was terrible anyway. Cena can stand to have a year wrestling upper mid-carders. He did that in 2009 when he faced Edge and Big Show. It didn't hurt him one bit. WWE fucks a lot up, but they deserve credit for getting it right this year. So long as they don't put too much emphasis on Owens vs Jericho's comedy feud, they will be just fine.
    Lesnar vs Goldberg will be shit. Reigns vs Taker could be an interesting feud, as it may finally be what turns Reigns heel, but the actual match will be shit. Taker should have retired years ago. Cena doing what he's been doing the past decade is getting old as fuck. They've gone beyond beating the dead horse in his case, now they're beating it's skeleton, which is barely holding up.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Lesnar vs Goldberg will be shit. Reigns vs Taker could be an interesting feud, as it may finally be what turns Reigns heel, but the actual match will be shit. Taker should have retired years ago. Cena doing what he's been doing the past decade is getting old as fuck. They've gone beyond beating the dead horse in his case, now they're beating it's skeleton, which is barely holding up.
    Who would you have headline instead? Owens vs Zayn? Rollins vs Styles?

Thread Information