Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE have played it right

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    Well, I can go months and sometimes years without watching wrestling.

"other promotions" - you mean hipster promotions that draw 150 people trying to out-quirk one another? Those people either watch WWE anyway, or were not tipping money into WWE's pockets in the first place. What the hardcore audience wants is irrelevant.
    This doesn't compute, dude.

The hardcore audience make up a fucking massive part of the subs for the WWE Network. There wouldn't be such a vast amount of new content on there targeted at that quote on quote hipster crowd if they weren't the desired marks. I mean, just how many so called casual WWE fans lay down $9.99 to watch the product anyway? Not a whole bunch more than WWE want that's for sure.

In other words, what the hardcore audience wants is, like, you know, like, totally, like, relevant, dude.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    This doesn't compute, dude.

The hardcore audience make up a fucking massive part of the subs for the WWE Network. There wouldn't be such a vast amount of new content on there targeted at that quote on quote hipster crowd if they weren't the desired marks. I mean, just how many so called casual WWE fans lay down $9.99 to watch the product anyway? Not a whole bunch more than WWE want that's for sure.

In other words, what the hardcore audience wants is, like, you know, like, totally, like, relevant, dude.
    4 months on, Goldberg vs Lesnar continues to out-draw fresh content like 205 Live on the Network. That says it all.

The vocal minority isn't where the money is at.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 months on, Goldberg vs Lesnar continues to out-draw fresh content like 205 Live on the Network. That says it all.

The vocal minority isn't where the money is at.
    Not arguing the Goldberg stuff.

You said the hardcore audience are irrelevant. That is simply not true.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not arguing the Goldberg stuff.

You said the hardcore audience are irrelevant. That is simply not true.
    They have a lot of control over WWE's booking. The vocal minority has hijacked shows on several occasions. However, they are a very small part of WWE's audience. Reigns and Cena are the ones shifting merchandise. Fans of those two, and lapsed fans wanting to relive wrestling when it was actually good, are the people paying for the Network. Not people wanting to see Zayn vs Nakamura in a 30 minute chop fest.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a lot of control over WWE's booking. The vocal minority has hijacked shows on several occasions. However, they are a very small part of WWE's audience. Reigns and Cena are the ones shifting merchandise. Fans of those two, and lapsed fans wanting to relive wrestling when it was actually good, are the people paying for the Network. Not people wanting to see Zayn vs Nakamura in a 30 minute chop fest.
    There's more of these so called hardcore fans (whatever that means these days) than you're giving them credit for. Hence the reason why that Zayn vs Nakamura match happened in front of, like, fifteen thousand plus fans. Again, the sort of content that is being put out these days like the Cruiserweight Classic is proof of how many smarks make up the subs count for the network. Fans who love that sort of wrestling generally like most types of wrestling and are more than willing to pay to watch it. You act like if you like Zayn or Owens you have no money, which just isn't the case. I'd say there were WAY more fans who are in tune with wrestling as a whole these days paying their network subs than casual Goldberg marks who are stupid enough to not notice when a Reigns or Cena is being pushed down their gullets. The subs count would be far higher if that wasn't the case.

The way I see it, the casual fans are far less relevant than they once were, especially when it comes to the rest of the year outside of the Road to Wrestlemania period. Then again, I don't even like to say things like that. There are no clear cut fans. Saying stuff like that is sterotyping 101. There's more than enough people who like Roman. There's also a lot of Roman fans who recognise he is being misused and pushed at the expense of a lot of talent who deserve more than they're getting. Rusev springs to mind.

But, hey, what do I know, right? I mean, I'm just a low rent long time Kevin Owens fan (who is probably also a bigger Goldberg and Lesnar fan than you, a self confessed casual fan who can take or leave wrestling for years on end).

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's more of these so called hardcore fans (whatever that means these days) than you're giving them credit for. Hence the reason why that Zayn vs Nakamura match happened in front of, like, fifteen thousand plus fans.
    There were already wrestling fans in town for Summerslam or Wrestlemania when that occurred. People travel for the big events and make a weekend of it. If NXT was left to draw purely off its own back, it would fail miserably. Hence why its a money loser. The Cruiserweight Classic also bombed on the Network. Few watched it, which proves my point.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were already wrestling fans in town for Summerslam or Wrestlemania when that occurred. People travel for the big events and make a weekend of it. If NXT was left to draw purely off its own back, it would fail miserably. Hence why its a money loser. The Cruiserweight Classic also bombed on the Network. Few watched it, which proves my point.
    If NXT were to book a show at the Barclays Centre with no other WWE PPV happening on the same weekend I'm pretty sure it would sell out, or at the very least do big business, regardless. If the plan was to make NXT a profitable stand alone promotion then I'm sure with one or two tweaks it would be more than capable of doing so, but, as of now, they are taking advantage of WWE's deep pockets and are concentrating on expanding brand awareness. Those in charge of running the show down there are more than competent. To think they wouldn't know how to run a successful promotion is shortsighted.

The CWC bombed so badly it spawned the UKCT with many more similar tournaments to follow...

Bottom line here is there is room for all types of wrestling in todays WWE product, and the company is embracing that fact, by also catering to all types of fans, hardcore and casual alike, because there is a pretty penny to be made all around. They wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Haitch knows what he's doing.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If NXT were to book a show at the Barclays Centre with no other WWE PPV happening on the same weekend I'm pretty sure it would sell out, or at the very least do big business, regardless. If the plan was to make NXT a profitable stand alone promotion then I'm sure with one or two tweaks it would be more than capable of doing so, but, as of now, they are taking advantage of WWE's deep pockets and are concentrating on expanding brand awareness. Those in charge of running the show down there are more than competent. To think they wouldn't know how to run a successful promotion is shortsighted.

The CWC bombed so badly it spawned the UKCT with many more similar tournaments to follow...

Bottom line here is there is room for all types of wrestling in todays WWE product, and the company is embracing that fact, by also catering to all types of fans, hardcore and casual alike, because there is a pretty penny to be made all around. They wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Haitch knows what he's doing.
    1. The Barclays Centre is a specific location. They might do okay business there, but not anywhere else.

2. The CWC bombed on its own merit. The UK version was aimed at an international market. Same crap, but with a different target audience.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The Barclays Centre is a specific location. They might do okay business there, but not anywhere else.

2. The CWC bombed on its own merit. The UK version was aimed at an international market. Same crap, but with a different target audience.
    1. Pretty sure there are more "specific locations" where they would do big business (despite not even having an actual TV show). Toronto for instance.

2. I'm struggling to work out what you mean by bombed. Please define.

3. In regards to the OP. Goldberg vs Lesnar is the absolute best choice to headline this years mania. Nothing else compares; the buzz they generated for their match at Survivor Series was off the charts. No arguments there. I can't wait to see the rubber match. Doesn't mean to say that the rest of what WWE has to offer is irrelevant.

4. You're shitting on aspects of WWE you dislike for the sake of it.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're full of shit.

"Cruiserweight Classic reportedly garnering more viewers than NXT"
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/...etter-than-nxt

"Cruiserweight Classic one of WWE Network's most-watched shows"
    http://www.goliath.com/sports/wwe-cr...watched-shows/

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    You're full of shit.

"Cruiserweight Classic reportedly garnering more viewers than NXT"
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/...etter-than-nxt

"Cruiserweight Classic one of WWE Network's most-watched shows"
    http://www.goliath.com/sports/wwe-cr...watched-shows/
    Those articles are misleading.

It had zero competition during those weeks. When there was a variety of new content, it tumbled down the list, and for good reason.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those articles are misleading.

It had zero competition during those weeks. When there was a variety of new content, it tumbled down the list, and for good reason.
    Show me this list please. I'd like to know what you're referencing.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Show me this list please. I'd like to know what you're referencing.
    Meltzer's Network figures. During the week of Summerslam, it didn't make the top 10. Foley's reality show even gained more viewers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nxt came to London by them selfs and sold out a 10,000 plus area

They have also toured around the USA and have been doing well.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meltzer's Network figures. During the week of Summerslam, it didn't make the top 10. Foley's reality show even gained more viewers.
    So your argument is based on the fact that the week of one of WWE's biggest shows it didn't do very well?

K.

Thread Information