Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: WWE have played it right

  1. #26
    2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,016
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    And Jericho and Owens could be 2 of the biggest stars in the WWE had they of been booked properly these last few months. We all know part timers get the best spots at Mania so they're obviously going to be booked as stars compared to the rest of the roster.

    Kayfabe Owens vs Jericho is the best title match at Mania since it's been building ever since they formed in August- opposed to 2 guys who have no business in the title picture- Goldberg just challenges Owens to a title match, and Lesnar gets involved in a title match at Mania just because he challenged Goldberg to a match the week before, how the fuck does that work.

    Also agree with @Soulblazed - why else would they have booked him for an 86 second match at Survivor Series or a 3 minute stint in the Royal Rumble
    Jericho has been with the WWE for almost 20 years & has never been at the level of Goldberg or Lesnar & you think Owens is capable of that within the last 6 months as champ? No way. I'm not intrigued by their feud & the match won't be anything special either

    Goldberg v Lesnar is way more compelling & worthy of the title match. It's actually what most fans are interested in. Guarantee 3 minutes of Goldberg / Lesnar will be more compelling then 15 of Jericho / Owens

    In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

  2. #27
    Part-Time Poster Krysys's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Blüdhaven
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    After reading through this thread, I hope Owens beats Goldberg just so I can be here to read the complaints

  3. #28
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    8704
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    Goldberg v Lesnar is way more compelling & worthy of the title match. It's actually what most fans are interested in. Guarantee 3 minutes of Goldberg / Lesnar will be more compelling then 15 of Jericho / Owens
    If 3 minutes of suplexes, F5s, spears and jackhammers compels you, then sure.

    Goldberg/ Lesnar was only used as a feud to promote a vidoe game anyway, sure they turned it into something a bit interesting with Goldberg constantly having Brock's number, but months worth of storyline involving Jericho and Owens would be more compelling to most I would argue.

  4. #29
    2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,016
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    It does compell me & it compells most of the audience. The Survivor Series match with them drew massive attention. Rematch for the title @ Mania? Enormous. And no, Goldberg / Lesnar wasn't ever about a video game. It was about 2 massive stars facing off v each other

    I see a flawed "storyline" for Jericho & Owens anyway. It's been months of the same with them not actually building towards anything. They're in the same place they were 4 months ago. They're still teaming together & no indication of who would be face or heel when they feud. I always felt Owens / Jericho would've peaked better at the Rumble but it's just too long in the same place now without advancement for a strong Mania feud

    To argue most would rather see Owens / Jericho over Goldberg / Lesnar comes off as very naive

    In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

  5. #30
    Senior Member Kane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,975
    vCash
    2540
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    Goldberg and Lesnar look and carry themselves like legit tough guys. Owens could never carry that of. He's too small and his physique is terrible. Jericho used to be great, but his self-indulgent humour these days is a turn-off. No matter how they booked it, the match would scream mid-card. Even in his prime, Jericho always needed to be with a superstar for his matches to be Main-Event worthy. Owens doesn't fit the bill. He's complete shit.

    Match quality and workrate doesn't matter as much as people who attend comic cons think.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No they wouldn't.
    Yes they would. Look at Braun and two years ago rusev.

  6. #31
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    754
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    Who would you have headline instead? Owens vs Zayn? Rollins vs Styles?
    Unless they stop with Owens and the whole comedy angle and finally let him be monster Owens, then maybe Owens/Zayn. But that doesn't really scream Wrestlemania headliner. Don't know how they'd build up a Rollins/Styles feud in such little time, with them being on seperate brands, but hell yeah. Who wouldn't want to see that? It's time we had the "new" generation (Styles is technically a veteran, but in WWE I consider him part of it. And he may be 39, but the guy is in his prime) headline WM.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

  7. #32
    #TheViper Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sunderland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,513
    vCash
    2550
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Wait, Goldberg v Lesnar is headlining Mania? You can't be serious.

  8. #33
    The Boss The Show's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,503
    vCash
    2008
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Well, what match on the current rumored card should main event then?

    All credit goes to surrender!

  9. #34
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,406
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    Well, what match on the current rumored card should main event then?
    It's honestly not even close.

    It's:

    1- Brock vs Goldberg
    2- Undertaker vs Reigns
    3- HHH vs Rollins (if it still happens)
    4- Whatever match Cenas involved in and this could move up to 2.
    5- Whatever match AJ Styles is involved in and this could move up to 3.

    Owens and Jericho is more then likely going to open up the show. As brilliant as they are, their match importance isn't even top 5 for this upcoming Wrestlemania event.

  10. #35
    Part-Time Poster Krysys's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Blüdhaven
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    It's honestly not even close.

    It's:

    1- Brock vs Goldberg
    2- Undertaker vs Reigns
    3- HHH vs Rollins (if it still happens)
    4- Whatever match Cenas involved in and this could move up to 2.
    5- Whatever match AJ Styles is involved in and this could move up to 3.

    Owens and Jericho is more then likely going to open up the show. As brilliant as they are, their match importance isn't even top 5 for this upcoming Wrestlemania event.
    And honestly, that kind of thinking is why today's talent aren't seen as Main Eventers. It's not because they can't, but rather that people won't let go of the past and embrace the future of these guys.

  11. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,406
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    And honestly, that kind of thinking is why today's talent aren't seen as Main Eventers. It's not because they can't, but rather that people won't let go of the past and embrace the future of these guys.
    Wrong.

    It's because people don't realize what a real star is. I have Roman Reigns at #2. I have Seth Rollins at #3. Just because fat funny man Kevin Owens doesn't qualify in the top 5 doesn't mean I can't let go of the past. It means that the future isn't defined by Kevin Owens.

    If you disagree with that; CATCH ME OUTSIDE! HOW BOUT DAT?!

  12. #37
    Senior Member Ed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Mary,Florida
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,689
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Why can't Brock vs Bill just be a fun match between 2 super powers and that's all? why MUST it be for the title?

  13. #38
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Don't know how they'd build up a Rollins/Styles feud in such little time, with them being on seperate brands, but hell yeah. Who wouldn't want to see that?.
    A lot of people. Rollins is a piss break in human form.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    And honestly, that kind of thinking is why today's talent aren't seen as Main Eventers. It's not because they can't, but rather that people won't let go of the past and embrace the future of these guys.
    Why would people want to embrace "talent" like Sami Zayn? He's got a Dad-bod.

  14. #39
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Unless they stop with Owens and the whole comedy angle and finally let him be monster Owens, then maybe Owens/Zayn. But that doesn't really scream Wrestlemania headliner. Don't know how they'd build up a Rollins/Styles feud in such little time, with them being on seperate brands, but hell yeah. Who wouldn't want to see that? It's time we had the "new" generation (Styles is technically a veteran, but in WWE I consider him part of it. And he may be 39, but the guy is in his prime) headline WM.

    sadly its not that time yet for the "new" generation to headline WM. they simply don't create enough of a buzz to bring in the mass casual views that WM is playing to. WM is a completely different beast when comparing to the rest of the year and throwing the same guys out there that honestly having helped ratings would do serious damage to the mass casual event that WM has become. Daniel bryan was that last guy to pull it off in regards to the "new" generation and sadly he had to retire and no one since then has replaced him, hence why we have the part times and "old" generation taking the main stage

  15. #40
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    754
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by deadzone View Post
    sadly its not that time yet for the "new" generation to headline WM. they simply don't create enough of a buzz to bring in the mass casual views that WM is playing to. WM is a completely different beast when comparing to the rest of the year and throwing the same guys out there that honestly having helped ratings would do serious damage to the mass casual event that WM has become. Daniel bryan was that last guy to pull it off in regards to the "new" generation and sadly he had to retire and no one since then has replaced him, hence why we have the part times and "old" generation taking the main stage
    You see, the thing is, WM isn't really much of a mass casual event anymore. Handled correctly, a match like Styles vs Rollins would be a huge draw. Have the part-timers be the "co-main event" pre-main event match and you can satisfy the casuals lust for 15-20 minutes of boredom. It's a win-win situation
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

  16. #41
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    You see, the thing is, WM isn't really much of a mass casual event anymore. Handled correctly, a match like Styles vs Rollins would be a huge draw. Have the part-timers be the "co-main event" pre-main event match and you can satisfy the casuals lust for 15-20 minutes of boredom. It's a win-win situation
    when u have cities bidding like they have been to place wm in their stadiums and devote entire weeks to the event the yeah its still a mass casual event. more than any other ppv. to make rollins and aj as the main even to be a huge draw would require the wwe to make those guys mainstream crossover stars which they aren't. at least not at this time. your talking like a smark or pro wrestling enthusiasts instead of a businessman. WM is WWE's pride and joy and the main event is something that has to have crossover appeal. styles and rollins simply are not there yet.

  17. #42
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,436
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by deadzone View Post
    when u have cities bidding like they have been to place wm in their stadiums and devote entire weeks to the event the yeah its still a mass casual event. more than any other ppv. to make rollins and aj as the main even to be a huge draw would require the wwe to make those guys mainstream crossover stars which they aren't. at least not at this time. your talking like a smark or pro wrestling enthusiasts instead of a businessman. WM is WWE's pride and joy and the main event is something that has to have crossover appeal. styles and rollins simply are not there yet.
    And because WWE will never put them in such a position to jump to a higher level, they never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  18. #43
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    And because WWE will never put them in such a position to jump to a higher level, they never will be.
    in terms of placement you cant get much higher than what aj and rollins were going. AJ just had a substantial title run and beat cena clean and brought down the house at RR. Rollins was heading and hell may still be heading towards a huge match with HHH at WM, so yeah WWE has put these guys in a pretty decent spot, at least moreso than others. the hard part is getting that crossover appeal and that may not be up to WWE on whether or not someone becomes a hit like that

  19. #44
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Handled correctly, a match like Styles vs Rollins would be a huge draw.
    No it wouldn't.

    It would please the existing hardcore audience, but that's about it. It wouldn't add any new viewers. Neither have the ability to become massive drawing cards, no matter how they are presented and booked. Styles is too small and bland looking. Rollins is far too of a niche act to appeal to normal people. He's terrible on the mic, and looks like a mid-card tag team wrestler.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Kane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,975
    vCash
    2540
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    No it wouldn't.

    It would please the existing hardcore audience, but that's about it. It wouldn't add any new viewers. Neither have the ability to become massive drawing cards, no matter how they are presented and booked. Styles is too small and bland looking. Rollins is far too of a niche act to appeal to normal people. He's terrible on the mic, and looks like a mid-card tag team wrestler.
    The hardcore audience is all they have left. There not grabbing new viewers. Best to please the audience you have before they start leave too.

  21. #46
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    The hardcore audience is all they have left. There not grabbing new viewers. Best to please the audience you have before they start leave too.
    They'll never leave. Hardcore wrestling fans tend to not have much going on in their lives. They need WWE just as much as WWE needs them.

  22. #47
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    754
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    No it wouldn't.

    It would please the existing hardcore audience, but that's about it. It wouldn't add any new viewers. Neither have the ability to become massive drawing cards, no matter how they are presented and booked. Styles is too small and bland looking. Rollins is far too of a niche act to appeal to normal people. He's terrible on the mic, and looks like a mid-card tag team wrestler.
    You're incapable of talking sense, aren't you?
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

  23. #48
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    You're incapable of talking sense, aren't you?
    Do you honestly think that Rollins vs Styles would improve Network subs and TV ratings?

  24. #49
    Senior Member Kane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,975
    vCash
    2540
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    They'll never leave. Hardcore wrestling fans tend to not have much going on in their lives. They need WWE just as much as WWE needs them.
    You talk like your not a hardcore wrestling fan.

    Some of them have stopped watching WWE and moved over to other promotions.

  25. #50
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WWE have played it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    You talk like your not a hardcore wrestling fan.

    Some of them have stopped watching WWE and moved over to other promotions.
    Well, I can go months and sometimes years without watching wrestling.

    "other promotions" - you mean hipster promotions that draw 150 people trying to out-quirk one another? Those people either watch WWE anyway, or were not tipping money into WWE's pockets in the first place. What the hardcore audience wants is irrelevant.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •