Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

  1. #1
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,659
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    It would appear as though CHIKARA taped an entire season worth of wrestling shows, and they are just going live on CHIKARAtopia.

    And today's National Pro Wrestling Day Event is Season 18. So, you have an entire season worth of CHIKARA to beinge-watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Wait, I don't understand what's going on here. Season 16 ended with surpremacy right?

    And national pro wrestling day is season 17 isn't it?

    We're still at where Ultra Mantis Remembers Everything and Hallowicked is in deep doo-doo?

  3. #3
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,659
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Wait, I don't understand what's going on here. Season 16 ended with surpremacy right?

    And national pro wrestling day is season 17 isn't it?

    We're still at where Ultra Mantis Remembers Everything and Hallowicked is in deep doo-doo?
    No. A brand new Season 17 is up and on-demand on CHIKARATopia. It was taped.

    Season EIGHTEEN started with National Pro Wrestling Today.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    No. A brand new Season 17 is up and on-demand on CHIKARATopia. It was taped.

    Season EIGHTEEN started with National Pro Wrestling Today.
    Good, God. This is the greatest wrestling promotion of all time. How the hell did they do this?

    I have to finish watching Let Them Eat Cake from their 2015 English tour and then I'm gonna check out this first season 17 'sode.

    Chikara is the company we should all aspire to.

  5. #5
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,863
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Everything about Chikara is praise worthy.

    Gonna sign up later this month.

    They do have every season, right?

    Being a longarse time supporter I feel ashamed I ain't already paying my (less than) five quid a month. They should be a priority for me.

    Sorry I've been neglecting you, Chik'....
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  6. #6
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,456
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Here's the insane part (and I'm saying this unable to watch any of season 17 currently).

    They filmed an entire season, with title changes and returns, and kept it a secret. Unless they did this in front of a crowd of plants, I have no idea how they pulled this off.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  7. #7
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,863
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Obviously Quack is a wizard #ChikaraMagic

    Edit:
    Spoiler
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    Everything about Chikara is praise worthy.

    Gonna sign up later this month.

    They do have every season, right?

    Being a longarse time supporter I feel ashamed I ain't already paying my (less than) five quid a month. They should be a priority for me.

    Sorry I've been neglecting you, Chik'....
    They only have select episodes from the first three seasons. Then after that they have every show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Here's the insane part (and I'm saying this unable to watch any of season 17 currently).

    They filmed an entire season, with title changes and returns, and kept it a secret. Unless they did this in front of a crowd of plants, I have no idea how they pulled this off.
    I have no idea how this company makes money. I know they do a lot of shows. But sometimes the crowds are wicked small.

    I wouldn't be surprised if this is a labor of love and Quack has a day job.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    1430
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    not just if I should post it here, but King of Trio 2017 will be in Birmingham, England

  10. #10
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,863
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  11. #11
    Sport. Kemis.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,176
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Just when they begin to lose me, I'm reeled back in. Quack is a genuis.

    I'm pretty sure this all connects back to Archie though.

  12. #12
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,456
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemis. View Post
    Just when they begin to lose me, I'm reeled back in. Quack is a genuis.

    I'm pretty sure this all connects back to Archie though.
    I dunno how they'll pull it off with him working for WWE.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  13. #13
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,937
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    DJM, you missed the greatest part. Not only is season 17 up in bingeable format, season 18 takes place AFTER 17, so titles changes and all that already are considered to have happened. Show names are from Lost as well.

    Also it appears that Ultramantis Black won the title during season 17 and Kodama was retired.

    Also some are speculating that season 17 may really be an alternate reality that could change. Really strange things afoot with this, and the mad genius Quack may be crazy enough to do a real alternate reality angle.


    Oh shit, seasons 18 is all Dr Who names. They are so doing a time paradox. Finale will be a A Good Man Goes To War so looks to be a one on one feud to lead this season. Mantis vs Legion of Rot maybe?
    Last edited by Engel; 02-06-2017 at 01:24 AM.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  14. #14
    Sport. Kemis.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,176
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    If anyone who has watched the first three 17 shows would like to provide a rundown, please do. Spoiler tags, of course.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Spoilers guys ... spoilers ...

    I watched Tabula Rosa.

    Spoiler

  16. #16
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,937
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    OMG God. It is a time jump story. Looks like CHIKARA plans to release season 17 in parts, while season 18, the season that skipped a year, is being released. They essentially get a flashback season.

    The Eye's influence was removed from guys at the end of the last PPV of season 16. We seen how the eye works so it is obvious that the hexed men would no longer be hexed. But back to normal? Not so much. No spoilers but keep watching. Icarus changed overnight, but everyone else seems to have a bit more complicated stories.

    As for spoilers, Black had the title around his waist at National Pro-Wrestling Day (was streamed live and is on youtube), and I am assuming he won it, perhaps at The Shape of Things to Come. Season 17 will have stuff spoiled, because well, we are in Season 18 and events that have occured but not been released have effects we can see in Season 18. Also, well, the official roster page has been updated and some important people have been removed, like Kadama and Hype Rockwell.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  17. #17
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    I dont' have a great deal of knowledge of the eye of tyr.

    So how does that work, if you beat the guy holding it in a wrestling match, it releases all his Hexed Men?

  18. #18
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,138
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Reading these post about season 17 have me both fascinated and well, Quack used Confusion and it's super effective. I gotta give props for that.

  19. #19
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,937
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I dont' have a great deal of knowledge of the eye of tyr.

    So how does that work, if you beat the guy holding it in a wrestling match, it releases all his Hexed Men?
    Oh my God... This story is fucking insane.

    This link will help with the story. Recap through season 14 of the eye is included.

    https://chikaralives.files.wordpress...eally-dead.pdf


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  20. #20
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Oh my God... This story is fucking insane.

    This link will help with the story. Recap through season 14 of the eye is included.

    https://chikaralives.files.wordpress...eally-dead.pdf
    Thanks, man. Appreciate that. I might not actually check it out because I"m planning on watching from season 4 up once I get done with one of the time lines I'm on now. Once I catch up on the Marta complex on season 15 or finish season 16.

  21. #21
    Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,482
    vCash
    1920
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    In any other company, this would be stupid, but in Chikara, it only makes sense. Quack is amazing.

  22. #22
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,937
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Thanks, man. Appreciate that. I might not actually check it out because I"m planning on watching from season 4 up once I get done with one of the time lines I'm on now. Once I catch up on the Marta complex on season 15 or finish season 16.
    Main story of CHIKARA starts at the end of Tag World Grand Prix 2005. So right from Season's 4 start it kicks up. The Ted Petty Invitational 2004 plays into it as well. So read the results if you did not see it. Backstory is Chris Hero was the favorite to win it as this was his breakout year. At the time, TPI was a huge deal.

    The Eye of Tyr, since much of it's story may not be revealed in full on the shows, is an ancient Norse artifact with the ability when used to control another person. The Eye is used twice, once to control someone, and once to free them from control. It is currently believed that the evil entity known as Nazmaldun can possess those under the influence of the Eye, and that his whispers is how the control happens.

    Coming with the Eye is a curse. One who uses it must then give it away. If they do not, doom will come. Twice in CHIKARA's history this doom has fallen, but it is uncertain if the Flood was brought on by the Eye or not. I think it was, others do not agree.

    What is so amazing about the Eye's storyline is much of the storyline is not about the Eye, but a crazy series of events that resolve in Mantis getting the Eye. The artifact was stolen from a Swiss museum and appeared in the possession of Dr Cube, a wrestler for Kaiju Big Battel. From here a crazy series of events starts ending in the Eye being transferred from Cube to Ultramantis Black. Wrapped up into these events, or the fallout from them, is the end of Super Friends, the retirement of Mr Zero and rise of the Unstable, the creation of the CHIKARA Special and inverted CHIKARA Special, Hero's departure from CHIKARA, the entire Order of the Neo-Solar Temple storyline, the rise of the BDK, the coming of Wink Vavasseur and Condor security, the end of CHIKARA, the current Hexxxed Men storyline and a lot more. Every use of the Eye results in a major turn of the CHIKARA story.

    You will need to maybe read up on things after the events as the full nature of the exchange of favors leading to Mantis getting the Eye is not really revealed if I remember correctly. Hero being signed to Kaiju Big Battel with a no compete for CHIKARA, for instance, I am not sure was made widely known in the tapes I saw. You will know the exchanges as they occur as each one is a huge deal resulting in a heel turn or demasking. That document should have the full eye storyline, along with a lot more crap. They went all out for the storyline that killed CHIKARA.

    Anyway enjoy, Season 4 is amazing. Starts this storyline hot and while it cools a bit in seasons 7 and 8, the end of Three-Fisted Tales, the season 8 finale, restarts it hard and is my favorite CHIKARA moment. Throwing Life’s Instructions Away, the show before, has my second favorite with the end of the Donst and Hydra storyline.

    Season 4 I watched live, then came back around Season 10 <.< I actually missed the BDK story when it happened. I caught the Tag World Grand Prix then the Trios stuff but skipped a lot of the rest. Invasion of the Gekido got me back.
    Last edited by Engel; 02-08-2017 at 11:40 AM.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  23. #23
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Main story of CHIKARA starts at the end of Tag World Grand Prix 2005. So right from Season's 4 start it kicks up. The Ted Petty Invitational 2004 plays into it as well. So read the results if you did not see it. Backstory is Chris Hero was the favorite to win it as this was his breakout year. At the time, TPI was a huge deal.

    The Eye of Tyr, since much of it's story may not be revealed in full on the shows, is an ancient Norse artifact with the ability when used to control another person. The Eye is used twice, once to control someone, and once to free them from control. It is currently believed that the evil entity known as Nazmaldun can possess those under the influence of the Eye, and that his whispers is how the control happens.

    Coming with the Eye is a curse. One who uses it must then give it away. If they do not, doom will come. Twice in CHIKARA's history this doom has fallen, but it is uncertain if the Flood was brought on by the Eye or not. I think it was, others do not agree.

    What is so amazing about the Eye's storyline is much of the storyline is not about the Eye, but a crazy series of events that resolve in Mantis getting the Eye. The artifact was stolen from a Swiss museum and appeared in the possession of Dr Cube, a wrestler for Kaiju Big Battel. From here a crazy series of events starts ending in the Eye being transferred from Cube to Ultramantis Black. Wrapped up into these events, or the fallout from them, is the end of Super Friends, the retirement of Mr Zero and rise of the Unstable, the creation of the CHIKARA Special and inverted CHIKARA Special, Hero's departure from CHIKARA, the entire Order of the Neo-Solar Temple storyline, the rise of the BDK, the coming of Wink Vavasseur and Condor security, the end of CHIKARA, the current Hexxxed Men storyline and a lot more. Every use of the Eye results in a major turn of the CHIKARA story.

    You will need to maybe read up on things after the events as the full nature of the exchange of favors leading to Mantis getting the Eye is not really revealed if I remember correctly. Hero being signed to Kaiju Big Battel with a no compete for CHIKARA, for instance, I am not sure was made widely known in the tapes I saw. You will know the exchanges as they occur as each one is a huge deal resulting in a heel turn or demasking. That document should have the full eye storyline, along with a lot more crap. They went all out for the storyline that killed CHIKARA.

    Anyway enjoy, Season 4 is amazing. Starts this storyline hot and while it cools a bit in seasons 7 and 8, the end of Three-Fisted Tales, the season 8 finale, restarts it hard and is my favorite CHIKARA moment. Throwing Life’s Instructions Away, the show before, has my second favorite with the end of the Donst and Hydra storyline.

    Season 4 I watched live, then came back around Season 10 <.< I actually missed the BDK story when it happened. I caught the Tag World Grand Prix then the Trios stuff but skipped a lot of the rest. Invasion of the Gekido got me back.
    Cool, man. I was thinking about giving up on season 4 and skipping to 5. But I guess I'll stay with it now.

    I think Larry Sweeney, God I miss that guy, was the lone bright spot there. So far anyway. I only got up to anniversario.

  24. #24
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,863
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Still unable to process Larry went the way he did. Heartbreaking to even wonder where his head was at.

    The mind is a complex and fragile kettle of fish to say the the least.

    "12 Large, Brother"

    *

    Helpful insight in regards to Chikara's history, @Engel, especially the TPI 2004 part. That tournament is one of my favourite things I've ever seen in my time as a wrestling fan. The talent on display on that weekend long event was something special at the time... Joe, Nigel, Claudio, Strong, Sabin, Rainman, Danny Daniels, Todd Sexton, AJ, Jimmy Rave, Sydal, Sal Rinauro, Super Dragon, Arik Cannon, Petey Williams, BJ, Hero, Quack, Nate Webb, Hallowicked, Punk, Aries, Shelley, and Danielson.In hindsight it seems even more special. Ian Rotten may be a monumental piece of shit, but for a cuppa nights a year, for a good few yeara throughout the noughties, he treated independant wrestling fans in a big way... Shame he never treated the talent with that same respect, the broke arse, non-paying, penny pinching louse.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  25. #25
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

    Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    Still unable to process Larry went the way he did. Heartbreaking to even wonder where his head was at.

    The mind is a complex and fragile kettle of fish to say the the least.
    Yeah, bi-polar, man. That's rough.

    There's a part of me that thinks there's something powerfully disturbing about that death. That's the most pro wrestling death a guy can have. What it means or how he meant people to take that we'll never know. Was there a romantic element to it? Did it symbolize his love for wrestling or the toll it took on him?

    Heart breaking.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •