Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

When Sweeney needed people they shut him out. When Sweeney had his big breakdown, many guys openly were trashing him. For people with bipolar disorder this can be really fuck you up. I been there personally.

What is interesting, is this does go full circle. When almost no one wanted to touch Sweeney, CHIKARA brought him back. Vökoder unmasking revealing Sweeney during the Cibernetico match pitting Gen 1 vs BDK was a magical moment as he was the guy everyone said should be the final man and CHIKARA did not disappoint. I really think if he was wrestling steady, even if only in CHIKARA, he would have made it, as the fans would have been there for him. But he was so blackballed by that point his end was kind of inevitable. Sweeney seems to only take in the negative and not see how much the fans at least loved his work. His passing is REALLY hard looking back knowing if he was around today, he would have had an NXT tryout and met Dusty Rhodes, who Sweeney emulated. Dusty would have pushed Sweeney to the fucking moon, as he is the closest thing to a second Dusty we ever seen.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CHIKARA Season 17, an entire season's worth of shows, online and available.

Enfield CHIKARA notes confirms it, UMB is the CHIKARA champion.

The Grand Championship of CHIKARA will be on the line at "The Empty Child" in Enfield, CT! Join us live on Sunday, March 5th as Max Smashmaster cashes in his 3 points to challenge UltraMantis Black for the big gold belt! Event info here: bit.ly/2kSQG3q

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe U.M.B. is grand champion! given his age and 2 leg injuries I didn't think the day would come.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this secret season has been a lot of fun.

As a byline, has anyone seen the stuff with the Whisper? Check out Chikara Special. Essentially it's the diaries of MAM from when he was working for Condor so ... Yeah, that story is coming back to life.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laid down my eight bucks. Goodgawd almighty. 18 seasons. Only one place to start.

Punk, Hero and Colt were a welcome sight; never realised they were on the first show, which I enjoyed. I'm a sucker for indy feds around ''00-'02ish. Y'know, before RoH and TNA came along and cherry picked the cream of the unsigned wrestlers tearing it up around the country/world. Shit was happening back then. Quack and Bryce on commentary that was added some eight years after the show happened is definitely the best part about the whole thing, though. Loving the insight they provide to the early days.

It is also worth noting that I love how Chikaratopia clearly gives no fucks regarding copyrite issues when it comes to entrance themes. ECW on the WWE Network is borderline unwatchable without the original music.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to seeing Chuck Taylor™ & DUSTIN vie for the Campeonatos de Parejas against Crummels & Defarge. UltraMantis Black is putting up the Chikara grand champion against Juan Francisco de Coronado I believe.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, thoughts on the controversy of Quack allegedly skimping talent on pay? He allegedly didn't pay Pinkie Sanchez recently, and Kevin Condron has admitted he was only making 30 bucks a match.

This on top of the stories of Quack allegedly undertraining talent and trying to stop their careers progressing isn't a good look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    So, thoughts on the controversy of Quack allegedly skimping talent on pay? He allegedly didn't pay Pinkie Sanchez recently, and Kevin Condron has admitted he was only making 30 bucks a match.

This on top of the stories of Quack allegedly undertraining talent and trying to stop their careers progressing isn't a good look right now.
    UGH Quack needs to get over himself and pay his talent. They help create they feel of Chikara and they should be payed as such or else Chikara won't be around anymore. In spite of all the puts offs that seem to be apart of the equation while working for Quack the gang seems to love working there. Nobody is perfect, a complete saint or asshole but why do things that can allegedly alienate talent and your own promotion? why do anything by your own actions that undermine your vision of wrestling?
    Last edited by Ed; 03-18-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Thread Information