Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Undertaker may not wrestle?

From the most recent WOR:

Bryan Alvarez "
    So what's up with The Undertaker?"

Dave Meltzer" So Undertaker, he was hurting real bad last night. I mean you could look at him and you could see that he wasn't in shape, and you know... it's the hip. You know... I mean there's nothing else to really say about it. He's got two months before WrestleMania. He had surgery. He came back to quick from surgery, I think that's pretty clear. But you know it was the time and they had a story... and the way that the match was structered he really didn't have to do a whole hell of a lot. But even that when he was backstage he was hurting a lot. So... yeah that's the gist of the thing with him."
    Think this pain will stop him from Wrestling at Mania?

Last edited by HawkGuy; 01-31-2017 at 04:25 PM.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Undertake may not wrestle?

Wow. Possibly. He needs to really contemplate calling it a day. I know I joke that he looks old an' all that, but fact of the matter is, he is actually really old now, and has put his body through enough trauma. He needs to think about his future. He still should have a lot of quality years left in him; he doesn't need them hampered by being a fucking cripple.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every year, same story. Every year, he makes Wrestlemania. Every year, he has a match people love.

And every year, the Cena match drifts further and further into the vastness of infinite space.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KashDinero if anything Meltzer's making sense for once....Personally I hope Taker wrestles at Wrestlemania 33 and then retires so he can get hip surgery..

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Every year, same story. Every year, he makes Wrestlemania. Every year, he has a match people love.

And every year, the Cena match drifts further and further into the vastness of infinite space.
    Yeah... It's getting way close to that last call, though, Deej.

Way close.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    @KashDinero if anything Meltzer's making sense for once....Personally I hope Taker wrestles at Wrestlemania 33 and then retires so he can get hip surgery..
    The Melt is definitely making sense here.

I'm definitely cool with him never wrestling again.

He's definitely done enough.

Definitely.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KashDinero I agree..I only saw the Rumble highlights so far but one of the highlights showed Taker laying on the mat looking spent...That's when I thought of his fucked up hip and that Wrestlemania 33 hopefully will be the last time he ever wrestles...I mean, his whole body's shot to shit because of all the injuries he's gotten. IF he's wrestling Roman, then it might be a pretty short match since Taker will probably take a spinebuster, a couple powerslams and a spear. This is why I wished he was wrestling Cena this time..The most high-impact move Cena will hit Taker with is his modified fireman's carry finisher.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely time for him to move into the non-wrestling special attraction role. It's still cool to see him, but I don't need or want to see him fuck his body up by continuing to wrestle. I hope he calls time on his career before his body absolutely forces him to.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know every year we here the "Old Man Taker" story, but he looked old and out of shape at the Rumble.

I wish more than anything, that Undertake really was immortal, and he could wrestle forever, but he is just a man. He can only find the fountain of youth so many times. Even Tim Duncan eventually ran out of Lazarus Pit.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every year, he has a match people love.
    Except the last three have been poor.

The Doctor

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn is his last mania match gonna be HIAC with Shane O'Mac?
    When fans boo Reigns, the Rock will save him
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should've retired after the streak was broken.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just let him fight Strowman then , I know people are going to say that Strowman match would be the most difficult but it could certainly be the slowest paced match of all the guys on the roster and they could shorten it up and limit the bumps.

Roman is too fucking good in the ring and has too much potential to pump out a great match to be saddled down with a broken down Taker. I know that sounds blasphemous because if Taker could really go that match could be remarkable but if he can't , he's going to force Roman into wrestling what I assume would be a boring little match and no one wins.

Strowman needs an opponent , The Undertaker makes sense , and if it's going to be Takers last than give Braun the rub.

Then that would free up Roman to take on Joe while Seth takes on HHH.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Undertaker may not wrestle?

Good. I don't want to see The Undertaker wrestle this year.

A match where he loses will ruin the Lesnar victory.

And a match where he wins - what's the point?

He should have retured after that Wrestlemania match with Bray Wyatt. Redemption for the loss, then goodbye.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Just let him fight Strowman then , I know people are going to say that Strowman match would be the most difficult but it could certainly be the slowest paced match of all the guys on the roster and they could shorten it up and limit the bumps.

Roman is too fucking good in the ring and has too much potential to pump out a great match to be saddled down with a broken down Taker. I know that sounds blasphemous because if Taker could really go that match could be remarkable but if he can't , he's going to force Roman into wrestling what I assume would be a boring little match and no one wins.

Strowman needs an opponent , The Undertaker makes sense , and if it's going to be Takers last than give Braun the rub.

Then that would free up Roman to take on Joe while Seth takes on HHH.
    I'm for Taker fighting Braun and even taking the loss to him as long as it can come across at least somewhat compelling. Braun needs that big time win on a big time stage and it doesn't getting much bigger than Taker at Mania. If they do it and Taker is still in bad shape, they should have it where Braun beat Taker down on TV the week of Mania to the point that he was hospitalized and not expected to wrestle. Ambulance, Burney, the whole nine(the biggest problem with this being that it IS Taker and him going out on a stretcher kind of breaks his mystique so that may jeed to be modified). We get the repirts later that he suffered severe trauma and isnt expected to be at Mania. But Deadman being Deadman, he shows up anyway, battered and a shell of himself while Braun is forcing the Ref to count Taker out as a humiliation to Taker for not showing up. Braun gets the win after beating Taker down again(Taker being Taker gets in some offense but is too broken to be able to mount anything effective), Taker doesn't have to get in a long match, the beating can be controlled on RAW using chairs and other objects(depending on what Taker's body can actually handle. If he can't take a beat down, skip the match all together), and he still goes out looking like the gunslinger who won't give up.
    If Taker is in that bad a shape where he can't even take a beating, let alone wrestle a match, skip it. He's one of my favorite wrestlers all-time and even I would rather him skip this year and/or retire if he's risking his health that much. And yes, I know the premise of this is an old wrestling trick using the beat down/heroic return to cover a loss for a performer. But of its all that Taker can handle, it could still work.
    Now, every year we hear the same thing about Taker. It's old hat at this point where you just expect to hear "Wrestlemania season is upon us, can Taker make it or is he too broken?' So I usually don't put too much stock into it. However this year, after he appeared and said that he was 'BACK' and we've only seen him a few times since then, I think its safe to say that he is actually, at minimum, in fairly bad shape. If he can't take a beating or string together a decent match, it just isn't worth it. As a fan I'll miss him but no one can keep going forever. And that guy has put his body through hell over the years. Quite frankly I'm surprised he has been able to wrestle at all the past few years.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is absolutely no sense in a taker match. His royal rumble performance was not at all good and that was just a few minutes. Having him go a whole match would be torturous not only for him but also for everyone who is watching. Although, a match with Brawn would be slower pace he would still have to take bumps from someone who isn't exactly a grade A performer in ring so it could be dangerous. Plus, Strowman isn't ready to go over someone like Taker right now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince: Mark, we're gonna have Roman retire you.

Taker: Oh, god, Vince, I'd love to be retired by Roman Reigns, but... um... my hip. Yeah. Ow. Sorry, maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Vince: Mark, we're gonna have Roman retire you.

Taker: Oh, god, Vince, I'd love to be retired by Roman Reigns, but... um... my hip. Yeah. Ow. Sorry, maybe next year.
    Can't believe Vince has the balls to call Taker a mark.
    Bring back the fourth wall

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince: "Mark, remember you gotta make Roman look strong, remember that, please make him look strong".

Taker: "Okay, Vince I'll do that. Just the thing is my hip is playing up and I don't want to make him look strong".

Vince: "Please, Mark. You're my guy, please!!!".

Taker: "K"

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the Taker character needs to go out on his back. I still like the idea of The Deadman vs The Demon. It should be an absolute war with Balor hitting him with everything but Undertaker not staying down. Have the Undertaker lock in Hells Gate but Balor refuse to tap. Script it so the Undertaker seems to see something he likes in Balor then drop the hold and stand up to take the 1916. Have the commentators make a big deal that he has already kicked out of it twice. But this time he is pinned. Have the ring fill with smoke the lights fade and lightning fill the arena. Use the lightning to show robed figures around the ring, then just one figure alone in the ring and have it be Balor with the Undertaker having gone.

Give him all the theater his character deserves and then have him never come back, The Undertaker should just die and never come back. He should accept the HoF as Mark.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bito2 View Post
    I still think the Taker character needs to go out on his back. I still like the idea of The Deadman vs The Demon. It should be an absolute war with Balor hitting him with everything but Undertaker not staying down. Have the Undertaker lock in Hells Gate but Balor refuse to tap. Script it so the Undertaker seems to see something he likes in Balor then drop the hold and stand up to take the 1916. Have the commentators make a big deal that he has already kicked out of it twice. But this time he is pinned. Have the ring fill with smoke the lights fade and lightning fill the arena. Use the lightning to show robed figures around the ring, then just one figure alone in the ring and have it be Balor with the Undertaker having gone.

Give him all the theater his character deserves and then have him never come back, The Undertaker should just die and never come back. He should accept the HoF as Mark.
    Are you @slapstick 's bizarro alter ego?
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Are you @slapstick 's bizarro alter ego?
    I wouldn't have Taker anywhere near a hack like Balor. Also, I would never be that stupid to call pro wrestling a "sport"

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Vince: "Mark, remember you gotta make Roman look strong, remember that, please make him look strong".

Taker: "Okay, Vince I'll do that. Just the thing is my hip is playing up and I don't want to make him look strong".

Vince: "Please, Mark. You're my guy, please!!!".

Taker: "K"
    You've been listening to way too many CM Punk podcasts

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    I wouldn't have Taker anywhere near a hack like Balor. Also, I would never be that stupid to call pro wrestling a "sport"
    Denial.... and no response from @bito2 yet. I think I may be on to something here...
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HawkGuy View Post
    [FONT=verdana]From the most recent WOR:

Think this pain will stop him from Wrestling at Mania?

When I met Mr. Fuji he was working a show I was helping out at. Dude looks like he was in agony getting prepped in the room we set up for him. We was hurting just getting around. He came out all smiles, was super cool amazingly polite and did not let on he was hurting. But really, he looked so bad backstage I really wondered if he should have even been doing events at that time, or if there was something easier for him to do. Whenever I think of Fuji, this is what I think of, the man in intense pain smiling for the fans. Taker sounds to be the same way now, and we should let him retire before he is remembered for his pain rather than his work.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    You've been listening to way too many CM Punk podcasts
    One is enough to know that Punk is a bitter cunt.

Thread Information