Thread: Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar III

The Doctor

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar III

So Lesnar wants a rematch with Goldberg, and lets be honest it's wrestlemania which would be a huge payday for Goldberg so it's going to happen.
    How to win the WWE title
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar III

I though Heyman's promo was a fantastic way to reset the feud and put Brock and Goldberg over.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great promo by Heyman last night. Man, if Lesnar doesn't get some offense on Goldberg at Mania, then this whole feud would have been a waste of time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    Great promo by Heyman last night. Man, if Lesnar doesn't get some offense on Goldberg at Mania, then this whole feud would have been a waste of time.
    My predicition is that Goldberg will go for the spear early once again but will hit the corner post then Brock will proceed to squash him a'la Cena at Summerslam 2014.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    My predicition is that Goldberg will go for the spear early once again but will hit the corner post then Brock will proceed to squash him a'la Cena at Summerslam 2014.
    I would love that, and I hope he puts Goldberg in the kimura lock and kayfabe breaks his fucking arm, which would be a great way for Goldberg to leave the business again.

I recall a discussion that involved a lot of people on this forum that were bitching that Lesnar's suplex city is getting old; and they were raising the question about who would finally put Lesnar in his place, and conquer The Beast Incarnate. Well fuckers, you finally got your wish. Though I will admit that at times, Suplex City can get a little redundant. I wish Brock would definitely be a bit more dynamic in the ring. But overall, he brings a level of realism, intensity and action adventure to an otherwise very childish, politically correct, monotone WWE.
    Last edited by mx518; 01-31-2017 at 09:55 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes sense and continues the unpredictable/turn on a dime narrative that this feud is conveying. I'm really liking this program and word is most of it has been Brock's idea so far. I really like the different presentation of Brock being the sympathetic underdog in all of this with the MMA element of anything can happen in a fight. More pro wrestling should be presented in this manner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    It makes sense and continues the unpredictable/turn on a dime narrative that this feud is conveying. I'm really liking this program and word is most of it has been Brock's idea so far. I really like the different presentation of Brock being the sympathetic underdog in all of this with the MMA element of anything can happen in a fight. More pro wrestling should be presented in this manner.
    Truth! Plus, at least it's not John Cena.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather Goldberg didn't leave because of an injury. This whole thing has been presented as a "one last run" deal by both Goldberg and the WWE. There's no need to write him off television when you know he's not planning on sticking around long-term from the very start.

They've done a good job of making it look like Brock Lesnar can't beat Goldberg, so it'll still make the match interesting even though a lot of people expect Lesnar to win.

I think after going 10-15 minutes with Brock Lesnar, Goldberg will be plenty beat up and can limp out on Raw the next night for one last farewell without throwing in some bullshit "HE BROKE HIS DAMN ARM!" angle.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would make sense though for the Lesnar character though. He finally gets fed up with Goldberg; it's Wrestlemania, he needs to come out looking strong, so he punishes Goldberg the worst way possible. He's already been embarassed 3 times in the past. It's time to fuck Goldberg up for good.

Summerslam with Orton was a good reminder of what Lesnar is capable of doing. If he doesn't do something that equals that or surpasses it, it just wouldn't add up.

I think there's a 50% chance that Goldberg will win again, the same way he won at Survivor Series; WWE booking 101.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth!
    Are you praising an aspect of this feud?!

I think there's a 50% chance that Goldberg will win again, the same way he won at Survivor Series; WWE booking 101.
    How would booking Goldberg to squash Brock again be WWE booking 101?

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great promo from Heyman last night...but I just can't get into it. Then again, I wasn't really into it when they announced the Survivor Series match. Just doesn't really appeal to me a ton.

In the moment, I'll be interested and a fan of course. But there's a bigger part of me that just sees it and thinks...eh, what else is on the card? And it's not helped by the fact that they've had Goldberg continue to punk out Brock, and now Brock is begging for another match.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
    Are you praising an aspect of this feud?!

How would booking Goldberg to squash Brock again be WWE booking 101?
    But had to throw in a needless 'Thank god it isn't Cena' comment.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love that, and I hope he puts Goldberg in the kimura lock and kayfabe breaks his fucking arm, which would be a great way for Goldberg to leave the business again.
    It's creepy that a fully grown male would say something like this.

Man, if Lesnar doesn't get some offense on Goldberg at Mania, then this whole feud would have been a waste of time.
    You don't get storytelling do you?

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    It's creepy that a fully grown male would say something like this.
    It's also creepy that you, Vince and Stephanie Mcmahon are a lot like in many ways.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also creepy that you, Vince and Stephanie Mcmahon are a lot like in many ways.

Vince and Stephanie are far from perfect, but if you were running WWE, it would go bankrupt in a month.

The Doctor

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I hope their 33 match goes better than their 20 match
    How to win the WWE title
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if it will be 2 minutes, but I'm almost certain that Goldberg wins

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, we now know what we all pretty much assumed/knew before last night. Goldberg/Lesnar III will be for the Universal title.

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/838676027165519872

Thoughts? Will we actually get a fight this time or will we see another sub two minute knock out? Who wins? Who do you want to win? Do you even care?

The Canadian Death Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The year we need MITB the most and we don't have it (I assume).

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Welp, we now know what we all pretty much assumed/knew before last night. Goldberg/Lesnar III will be for the Universal title.

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/838676027165519872

Thoughts? Will we actually get a fight this time or will we see another sub two minute knock out? Who wins? Who do you want to win? Do you even care?
    My thoughts are the same as before. Brock will have learned from last time and use Goldberg's aggressiveness against him. Whether or not it will be a quick squash or a prolonged one I'm not sure but I still feel Lesnar will squash Goldberg. I'm still looking forward to it since we rarely see Lesnar in the underdog roll. If Goldberg is done after Mania it's only fitting he go out on his back anyway.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    The year we need MITB the most and we don't have it (I assume).
    Watch them panic and stick a MITB match at the top of the card. This is all Dean Ambrose's fault!

I think the "big fight feel" will be there and the hype will feel real. I think the crowd is going to have their work cut out for them after sitting through a 4+ hour show, so they BETTER have something planned to get them hyped up for the main event. The crowd's reaction is going to be the key to getting this match feel important.

Nobody gives a shit about the Universal title so throwing that belt on this match was a bad move and they can't rely on that being the reason this match is a big deal. I hope the WWE realizes this.

Another 90-second match is not going to go over well, but neither is a match that goes very long because both these guys (Goldberg especially) get gassed easily. They need to be really smart about how this match goes down, and I don't have a lot of faith in them.

I'm assuming we'll get this:
    -Huge hype, big fight deal, lots of crowd reaction during the announcements.
    -Lesnar takes an early Spear and Jackhammer, the crowd can't fucking believe this is happening again.
    -LESNAR KICKS OUT!
    -Goldberg goes for Jackhammer #2, Lesnar reverses...F5!!
    -GOLDBERG KICKS OUT!
    -Stalemate, both guys have a reason to get an early rest, match goes from there.

The Canadian Death Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have it in the back of my mind that Vince still sees Goldberg as a WCW guy. It wouldn't shock me like I stated and was fleshed out by others earlier that Goldberg hits the corner post with a spear that leads to a quick tap out via Kimura. I don't think Goldberg would go for the submission loss though.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whichever guy wins, they win only to get fed to Reigns.

So really, why should we actually give a fuck? Can someone fill me in

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think WWE remembers the awful mess Brock/Goldberg was at mania 20 so I think a 15 minute encounter between these two is off the table...fucking Dean Ambrose didn't even get that much with Brock. I expect it to be short and sweet. Like RT said,Goldberg comes out and hits the speer right off the bat again, hits the jackhammer 1.2. Brock kicks out. Goldberg is in shock but he lines up for another Speer but Brock counters into an F5 and gets the 1.2...no Goldberg kicks out. Brock doesn't waste any time and lands another F5, and one more for good measure. 1.2.3 it's over, Brock is your new Universal champ. Match lasts 3 minutes bell to bell. It's better this way. The goldberg of today strikes me as a guy who knows his limitations and knows the longer a match goes, the worse it's going to be for him so this 15 minute back and forth encounter people are talking about and for some reason would feel jipped if it didn't happen...isn't going to happen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Whichever guy wins, they win only to get fed to Reigns.

So really, why should we actually give a fuck? Can someone fill me in
    If you dislike Roman Reigns that much, you really should just give it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Thread Information