Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

I don't have this game yet but seeing there are no races made me so happy.

I fucking hate racing missions. Always have. Don't know why.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post

No, I get that. I hate them too. Always been terrible at em.
    Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TA1 View Post
    Because the robots feed on biomass to convert into energy, as was described throughout the game.

Also, just a comment about the diversity in the side missions. I'm actually really glad that there were no racing missions. For random people to have the ability to tame the machines in order to do something trivial such as racing does not fit in with the narrative at all. Over-riding machines is presented as a special type of ability, which in mentioned on numerous occasions when new character speak with Aloy, saying that they've heard stories of her riding the machines.
    I understand where you are coming from but I just don't get how an non-corrupted alligator can work properly with a non-corrupted hawk in trying to take you out, seems a bit too much for me personally.

There was a town that did have control over the machines in the northeast as a side mission.

They could have easily introduced a character who could override machines and race grazers or what not...there were people who hunted these machines as prizes. What's trivial about more competition? Maybe have them be a transportation character for people to get around as some sort of business, I don't know something along those lines.

(On a side note, had no idea you played video games TA1!)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post

If done properly they are fun. I just want more mission diversity, I just threw racing out as an example.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-18-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Donkey Kong Country 3(New 3DS), Gex: Enter The Gecko(PS3) Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but I just don't get how an non-corrupted alligator can work properly with a non-corrupted hawk in trying to take you out, seems a bit too much for me personally.

There was a town that did have control over the machines in the northeast as a side mission.

They could have easily introduced a character who could override machines and race grazers or what not...there were people who hunted these machines as prizes. What's trivial about more competition? Maybe have them be a transportation character for people to get around as some sort of business, I don't know something along those lines.

(On a side note, had no idea you played video games TA1!)
    The fact that the machines are based after certain animal designs doesn't take away from the fact that they're still robots. The reasons their designs resemble animals is also explained within the story. They have no reason to attack each other (unless corrupted) because it serves them no purpose. They don't feed on each other, they feed on biomass. They aren't predatory to each other under normal circumstances because of this. Plus, with the Derangement, it's not so much that they're teaming up so much as they're in a similar area and have a common enemy when you've triggered their alert.

And again, I don't think having random schmo being able to override machines for trivial things fits the narrative at all. Aloy had to take down a Corrupter and use her focus to even figure out what component of the Corrupter was used to do the overriding. Not exactly a common set of circumstances.

Also, that town didn't have control of the machines, if you recall how that side mission ended.

(And yeah, I've always been a gamer, just haven't posted much about it. Been pretty steady on gaming lately though since December with Last Guardian, RE7, Horizon, and now moving on to Breath of the Wild and then Nier: Automata)
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like 50 hours in and I've still got 4 or 5 main quests to go. I get so side tracked playing this game. I spend a lot of time collecting items, doing the corrupted zones, cauldrons, etc. The main story has me hooked so far and I can't wait to see how it all ends. The combat still hasn't gotten old but rock machines that tunnel underground can go fuck themselves. I've take down a couple but its just so damn annoying.

The worst part of the game is definitely the side missions. They're pretty weak. I've done about 15 of them so far and like 3 of them have been fun and interesting. I've just all together given up with them.

Thread Information