Thread: Planet of the Apes movies

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Planet of the Apes movies

I watched the original Planet of the Apes on Amazon a couple of nights ago. This is the first time I've seen it since I was really little, man I was kinda blown away by it. What an excellent movie, the whole thing was almost like a big episode of the Twilight Zone or something. The story really got my imagination going, what a great twist at the end.

I seen that there are 4 or 5 sequels on Amazon, not counting the 2001 remake or the 2 prequels that came out recently(I enjoyed the first one, still haven't seen the second one). Haven't seen the 2001 remake probably in over a decade. Right now I'm more interested in some of these original sequels, they look kind of interesting. Anybody have any thoughts on the original Planet of the Apes series? Are any of the sequels worth checking out? Also what did you think about the newer prequel movies that came out recently?

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Planet of the Apes movies

Damn....Like you, I've liked that series since I was a kid..Though I didn't get around to seeing the original movies until the mid 2000s. I like all of the original movies....It gets different and kinda weird as it goes on but still pretty interesting....Yea, the plot seems like somethin outta the Twilight Zone/Outer Limits...A human spaceship travels through time and ends up a couple thousand years in the future where apes rule and humans are their slaves.

Even though the plot was pretty crazy it worked...I mean, there were little things in the original movies that set the tone, such as the remains of the Statue Of Liberty in the 1st movie....One thing I always wondered was how would the apes and humans react if aliens landed in one of those sequels? Would they band together or would they fight amongst each other? Or the aliens could end up being benevolent..I dunno...Just a thought running through my head.

Even though I hate most sequels(or remakes for that matter) the 2001 Planet Of The Apes was a great movie. Hold off on seeing it til you watch every one of the original movies.

Just get comfortable, smoke a few joints and watch the sequels! Personally they're all worth checking out and piece together the story really well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember digging the 2001 remake, fun fact: that was the first DVD I ever bought/watched, Christmas 2001 with brand new PS2!!

I just finished Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Yeah, definitely gets weird but still kinda interesting. Some interesting commentary going on about the Cold War and nuclear weapons in these movies. Like you @Soulblazed this movies got my imagination going, what if this was how humans came to existence? Like what if there was some other species that wiped themselves out with nuclear weapons and through genetic mutations as a result of this humans became what we did, with the pyramids and the sphynx being like the statue of liberty? What if we are the apes!? This movie definitely gets some far out ideas going, some great science fiction, ancient aliens shit. I love the idea of traveling near light speed and going thousands of years into the future. I will probably check out the 3rd movie later tonight/this morning. Second one was a good enough time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Battle for the Planet of the Apes are what the newest trilogy is basically based on, that and the original (if you see the hints in the first film through TV and newspapers). And you should definitely watch Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, such a good film. I've loved the newest set of films in this franchise. Such great build ups and continuous stories in foreshadowing the future. Great story and directing.
    33 Facts for Wrestlemania 33
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seen Dawn back when it first came out and thought it was really good. I watched the newest one late last night and really enjoyed it. I'm definitely going to try to watch Escape, Conquest, and Battle sometime this week, really digging this series right now. Great shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ShinobiMusashi hahah you're onto something....If anything maybe that's how humans came about in another universe on a parallel Earth...That'd make even more sense in hindsight. But yea keep watching these movies and lemme know if you find any other good, trippy movies.

Thread Information