Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJ Styles Wrestlemania Opponent (Shinsuke Nakamura?)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AJ Styles Wrestlemania Opponent (Shinsuke Nakamura?)

I think we all know that John Cena is beating AJ Styles for the WWE Championship, and he'll face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

But where does that leave AJ Styles?

I know the rumored Wrestlemania opponent for AJ is Samoa Joe, but honestly, imagine the crowd reaction if Shinsuke Nakamura debuted in the Royal Rumble. Then started a feud with AJ. Samoa Joe would receive crickets in comparison.

And imagine Nakamura vs AJ at Wrestlemania. That would probably steal the show. (I'm saying a prayer this match happens)

But watch, AJ will face James Ellsworth in an extreme rules match. Where Ellsworth will go over. (they’ll totally misuse AJ haha)
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AJ Styles Wrestlemania Opponent (Shinsuke Nakamura?)

Samoa Joe or Shinsuke Nakamura ..either way, take my fucking money. And please give them at least 20 minutes. Wrestling Clinic.

Unfortunately, and I hope hope hope that it doesn't turn into reality; most rumors I've read are his opponent will be Shane Mcmahon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CellWaters View Post
    I think we all know that John Cena is beating AJ Styles for the WWE Championship, and he'll face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

But where does that leave AJ Styles?

I know the rumored Wrestlemania opponent for AJ is Samoa Joe, but honestly, imagine the crowd reaction if Shinsuke Nakamura debuted in the Royal Rumble. Then started a feud with AJ. Samoa Joe would receive crickets in comparison.

And imagine Nakamura vs AJ at Wrestlemania. That would probably steal the show. (I'm saying a prayer this match happens)

But watch, AJ will face James Ellsworth in an extreme rules match. Where Ellsworth will go over. (they’ll totally misuse AJ haha)
    I'm pretty sure Cena/Taker is not happening from all reports I've read. Cena/Joe and Taker/Reigns are the latest I've heard.

If this is true can see Styles retaining tomorrow.

One report I've read suggests Bray Wyatt could win the title at EC, this could lead to AJ kicking up a fuss about losing it against 5 men, leading to his rumoured match with Shane
    2009/2010 PREM PREDICTIONS CHAMPION

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is where if Zayn was a SD member you'd have Zayn/Styles in a match where AJ wins. Tough to see how they think Shane can hang with AJ in the ring after his months long reign as champ but then again they had Taker sell to the moon for Shane O Mac.

AJ must win at WM after losing last year, he does not deserve to be 0-2 at this event. I know it's pure nitpicking but in an ideal world, you'd want AJ to face someone who can hang with him in the ring and keep up with his arsenal but have AJ win.

Nakamura is more of a day after WM sort of announcement but I think they save him for the draft to make it all the more meaningful when NXT guys get drafted. Nakamura(RAW), Asuka(RAW), Revival(SD, you knows Hayes will throw a hissyfit not getting this old school southern team), Dillinger(SD) and like 1-2 others will be the draftees.

AJ will get drafted to RAW and Seth will jump to SD to avoid stagnation of Authority/Rollins so you will get another fill of Nakamura/Styles and Styles/Balor and Balor/Nakamura in 2017/2018.

I really would have Taker vs Cena but given they won't do that, Angle vs Cena as a throwback to Cena's 1st WWE match would have been cool. Angle should be more than a HOF inductee come WM.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post

Nakamura is more of a day after WM sort of announcement but I think they save him for the draft to make it all the more meaningful when NXT guys get drafted
    Question is, does the WWE actually plan to build him as one of the faces of the company? I kind of doubt it. Go on youtube and watch the video where Nakamura signs with WWE and meets with Vince and H. Vince acted like he really couldn't give a shit about Nakamura. I guess that doesn't really mean anything though. And if Nakamura is promoted to the main roster, it will hopefully be on Smackdown. I really don't want to see Nakamura getting bitch slapped by Stephanie on RAW.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    Question is, does the WWE actually plan to build him as one of the faces of the company? I kind of doubt it. Go on youtube and watch the video where Nakamura signs with WWE and meets with Vince and H. Vince acted like he really couldn't give a shit about Nakamura. I guess that doesn't really mean anything though. And if Nakamura is promoted to the main roster, it will hopefully be on Smackdown. I really don't want to see Nakamura getting bitch slapped by Stephanie on RAW.
    Night after WM would be a massive boost from the smarks for Nakamura and WWE usually has 1-2 big reveals for that night.

Nakamura is as big as Balor was and Balor was a big announcement of a draft pick. Same with Nia Jax and American Alpha, who Shinsuke is bigger than.

It's all about who meshes well with him. If Styles, Balor, Owens(Omega?) are on RAW together, you put him in there and create guaranteed great matches and also incorporate newcomers to wrestling him. He can also hang with Brock if they ever go that route in a stiff match.

Nakamura's English isn't crisp enough to banter back and forth with Stephanie, I don't think they'd have him ever square with The Authority

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumored opponent is Shane McMahon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyMolz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cena/Taker is not happening from all reports I've read. Cena/Joe and Taker/Reigns are the latest I've heard.

If this is true can see Styles retaining tomorrow.

One report I've read suggests Bray Wyatt could win the title at EC, this could lead to AJ kicking up a fuss about losing it against 5 men, leading to his rumoured match with Shane
    Yea I heard that cena isn't getting that belt tommorow. I'm thinking Samoa Joe will get involved in the title match.

As for styles at mania, I'd like to see raw vs smackdown. Finn balor vs Aj styles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question is, does the WWE actually plan to build him as one of the faces of the company?
    A lot of that could depend on if he generates increased interest for WWE in Japan.

We've seen how WWE immediately sprang into action with this UK tournament and title after the announcement of World of Sport returning in the UK.

With New Japan looking towards international expansion, WWE hitting back by targeting Japan is probably to be expected and Nakamura could be the face of that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather see AJ have a mania match against Shane than against Shinsuke. SOmeone suggested the storyline idea of AJ losing his title in the Elimination Chamber (which I can see happening) and then getting mad at Shane for making him defend it in such unfair circumstances, leading to match.

I dont get the appeal of Shinsuke. So I would rather see Shane. Thats about it for me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the appeal in Shane McMahon. Dude is a middle aged corporate executive who makes wrestling look genuinely fake whenever he's in the ring. Any wrestler involved in a "match" with him is not going to come out of it looking better as a result. It'll be a joke if Styles is wrestling Shane McMahon at WM.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So everyone is just runningwith the Shane rumor because a website projected it (and that was after the Shane/AJ promo on TS...not really clever stuff there)?

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    I don't see the appeal in Shane McMahon. Dude is a middle aged corporate executive who makes wrestling look genuinely fake whenever he's in the ring. Any wrestler involved in a "match" with him is not going to come out of it looking better as a result. It'll be a joke if Styles is wrestling Shane McMahon at WM.
    This.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely disagree with OP and anyone with that sort of viewpoint. I don't know what else WWE has to do to convince some people that they value AJ Styles. I'll admit that the Ellsworth stuff was bad but other then that, AJ has had one hell of a year and treated like a big deal.

Hell, within 20 seconds of him arriving, he was compared to Brock Fucking Lesnar

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    He's a McMahon, and they have always been booked as the most important people on any WWE show. He was around back "when it was good", so the people that only tune in for Wrestlemania will see it and recognize it.

In WWE's eyes, this is a gift to AJ for his great year.
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    This is so brutally true.

On the bright side, AJ gets to fight one of the most widely recognizable people the WWE can put in the ring, likely gets a pretty easy match out of Shane-O-Mac (who always ends up taking the bumps anyway), and he gets that fat Wrestlemania main card bonus check to go along with his already probably pretty damn good salary.

...but he doesn't fight one of the countless other opponents that could be a 5-star match in the making. Oh well. There's always Summerslam!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors. Still have 2 months until Wrestlemania.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

Here's my challenge to you: don't view it through the lens of "WWE is stupid for over-valuing Shane." That's not the way to view this rumored match. Instead, look at it as "Shane McMahon is seen as one of the most valuable assets in the company, and AJ is being put in this match because the WWE values him."

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Exactly.

Here's my challenge to you: don't view it through the lens of "WWE is stupid for over-valuing Shane." That's not the way to view this rumored match. Instead, look at it as "Shane McMahon is seen as one of the most valuable assets in the company, and AJ is being put in this match because the WWE values him."
    I do understand this viewpoint. I can't even say I think it's necessarily stupid. It simply IS. It's the WWE narrative.

But as a wrestling fan, I'd rather see AJ involved with something at Wrestlemania more to my own personal tastes. A match with Shane McMahon doesn't fall into that category.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do understand this viewpoint. I can't even say I think it's necessarily stupid. It simply IS. It's the WWE narrative.

But as a wrestling fan, I'd rather see AJ involved with something at Wrestlemania more to my own personal tastes. A match with Shane McMahon doesn't fall into that category.
    That's fine, and there is a clear distinction between the two POVs ... but I'm going to continue to beat the drum this is a positive thing for AJ now through Mania.

I'd rather Cena/AJ III be held-off until Mania and not tomorrow night at the Rumble, but hey, could be worse.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you put Tye Dillinger against AJ Styles at Wrestlemania? Or is that too underwhelming?

I'd personally like this.
    There is nothing you can Cell... not even Waters!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more interested in AJ Styles wrestling classics that I will probably watch for the rest of my life, than being on the receiving end of temporary significant mainstream media for wrestling Vince Mcmahon's 45 year old son.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still gonna go and say AJ/Finn as a counter to Omega/Okada

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine the swerve if McMahon said he can't wrestle, so says that Bryan has been cleared.....

Bryan v Styles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Imagine the swerve if McMahon said he can't wrestle, so says that Bryan has been cleared.....

Bryan v Styles.
    That'd be a waste.

As much as that is a dream match; if Bryan only had one match left; it could only be against Miz.

Thread Information