Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Trade Deadline- Trades & Rumors

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NBA Trade Deadline- Trades & Rumors

The trade deadline is February 23rd and although that seems far, it will creep up on us. Saying that, I think it's time we all get into the NBA spirit and at least start talking about some rumors that have been floating around.

The latest one I saw is the Knicks offered Carmelo Anthony to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love. I don't know why or how that would work for the Knicks, unless they wanted to go Love-Porzingis 4/5, but still. Melo is not the problem. That defense is and I think Hornacek is a bigger issue then he gets blame for. The Cavs declined the trade, because they appreciate what Love has brought and still brings to the team. It would've been weird to see any of the two swap jerseys.

Moving on, a name I keep seeing floating around is Ricky Rubio. The Kings and Knicks are teams with interest in him. I like that the Wolves are preparing for their future without Rubio. They're trying to attach another bust to the list in Shabazz Muhammad who was an animal in college. He hasn't lived up to it in the NBA. Zack Lavine is also available for trade. The Wolves are pretty much putting everyone on the market not named Wiggins or KAT. Rumors of a Rubio/Reggie Jackson trade have been proven false by Van Gundy, who does not want to lose Reggie Jackson, Caldwell Pope or Andre Drummond.

The Chicago Bulls are not where they thought they'd be. I even thought they'd be in the top 2-3 of the EAST this season. However, that's not how it's looking. Many say that if a blockbuster trade happens, it's going to be Jimmy Butler being sent somewhere else. That would be the domino effect of a complete Bulls rebuild. Rondo is probably not going to be a Bull at the end of this season. However, he may not be on any NBA team as many organizations are salty towards him. If Butler leaves, Wade is going to want out. Wade made it clear that he wants to be on a winning franchise this late in his game. So @Pduh, what do you think/want the Bulls to do before the deadline? Would it surprise anyone if Jimmy Butler got traded? If he does, I can see him going to a losing franchise who would gladly part ways with an early draft pick to get him.

Maybe Boston? They have the best trade bait in the NBA. The Brooklyn Nets first round pick. It has a very high chance of being the #1 overall pick in this heavy Guard draft. I'm sure Danny Ainge isn't trying to clutter their back court with more PGs, but to add a superstar in the making for that pick would NOT surprise me. If I was Danny Ainge, I would try to trade that pick and send it over to Sacramento and get Demarcus Cousins. With the loss of Rudy Gay for the year, I think the Kings understand they don't have any realistic chance at making the playoffs now. They can come into this draft with two high draft picks and make themselves look like the Wolves. It's about time to start preparing for life without Cousins and start a serious, but quicker rebuild.

Lebron James is putting a lot of pressure on the front office to get a playmaker. The Melo thing ain't happening and Kyle Korver is not clenching his thirst. I don't know what Cleveland can realistically pull off, but anything is possible. I hear Deron Williams is on their radar. He's no longer a star, but would definitely be a help to Kyrie Irving in the back court.

The Miami Heat are definitely going to be sellers before this deadline. They declined a Vucevic for Dragic trade, which makes sense since they already have Whiteside. However, I don't think Dragic will be bringing them in anything that compares to what they gave up to get him. Miami is ready for a rebuild and knowing Pat Riley, he will somehow win the NBA Draft lottery this year and start building just like that. Ball will more then likely be the #1 pick and he would be a valuable starting piece.

The Hawks are also searching the worth of their players. After trading Korver, I've seen more names show up on the possibilities. Paul Millsap being the main name. So anything can happen with ATL.

So let's talk rumors, possibilities and what you would like to see happening to your teams or even other teams before this deadline.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA Trade Deadline- Trades & Rumors

So far...

I think Anthony will stay in NY...Despite him and James being friends, I don't see how it makes sense..Melo plays hero ball, hence asking him to come over to Cleveland to be their point guard's laughable, especially when Melo's well past his prime....Plus, I don't see how Love going over to the Knicks would help them out at all..I think the Bockers should keep the "superteam" they have and hope for the best.

Far as Rondo goes, if he truly is the cancer he's purported to be, maybe he'd be better off playing in another country such as China, Spain, France, etc Who knows? Maybe he'd be happier there for all we know.

Now when it comes to the Warriors, I don't think they'll make any trades..I'd say trade Varejao but I doubt Kerr would even contemplate that...IF Kerr wanted to trade Varejao, since some fans have been wanting another back-up shooting guard/wing then maybe Mario Chalmers could be the answer in that case...This is nothing I'd take seriously at all, just throwing it out there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    The trade deadline is February 23rd and although that seems far, it will creep up on us. Saying that, I think it's time we all get into the NBA spirit and at least start talking about some rumors that have been floating around.

The latest one I saw is the Knicks offered Carmelo Anthony to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love. I don't know why or how that would work for the Knicks, unless they wanted to go Love-Porzingis 4/5, but still. Melo is not the problem. That defense is and I think Hornacek is a bigger issue then he gets blame for. The Cavs declined the trade, because they appreciate what Love has brought and still brings to the team. It would've been weird to see any of the two swap jerseys.

Moving on, a name I keep seeing floating around is Ricky Rubio. The Kings and Knicks are teams with interest in him. I like that the Wolves are preparing for their future without Rubio. They're trying to attach another bust to the list in Shabazz Muhammad who was an animal in college. He hasn't lived up to it in the NBA. Zack Lavine is also available for trade. The Wolves are pretty much putting everyone on the market not named Wiggins or KAT. Rumors of a Rubio/Reggie Jackson trade have been proven false by Van Gundy, who does not want to lose Reggie Jackson, Caldwell Pope or Andre Drummond.

The Chicago Bulls are not where they thought they'd be. I even thought they'd be in the top 2-3 of the EAST this season. However, that's not how it's looking. Many say that if a blockbuster trade happens, it's going to be Jimmy Butler being sent somewhere else. That would be the domino effect of a complete Bulls rebuild. Rondo is probably not going to be a Bull at the end of this season. However, he may not be on any NBA team as many organizations are salty towards him. If Butler leaves, Wade is going to want out. Wade made it clear that he wants to be on a winning franchise this late in his game. So @Pduh, what do you think/want the Bulls to do before the deadline? Would it surprise anyone if Jimmy Butler got traded? If he does, I can see him going to a losing franchise who would gladly part ways with an early draft pick to get him.

Maybe Boston? They have the best trade bait in the NBA. The Brooklyn Nets first round pick. It has a very high chance of being the #1 overall pick in this heavy Guard draft. I'm sure Danny Ainge isn't trying to clutter their back court with more PGs, but to add a superstar in the making for that pick would NOT surprise me. If I was Danny Ainge, I would try to trade that pick and send it over to Sacramento and get Demarcus Cousins. With the loss of Rudy Gay for the year, I think the Kings understand they don't have any realistic chance at making the playoffs now. They can come into this draft with two high draft picks and make themselves look like the Wolves. It's about time to start preparing for life without Cousins and start a serious, but quicker rebuild.

Lebron James is putting a lot of pressure on the front office to get a playmaker. The Melo thing ain't happening and Kyle Korver is not clenching his thirst. I don't know what Cleveland can realistically pull off, but anything is possible. I hear Deron Williams is on their radar. He's no longer a star, but would definitely be a help to Kyrie Irving in the back court.

The Miami Heat are definitely going to be sellers before this deadline. They declined a Vucevic for Dragic trade, which makes sense since they already have Whiteside. However, I don't think Dragic will be bringing them in anything that compares to what they gave up to get him. Miami is ready for a rebuild and knowing Pat Riley, he will somehow win the NBA Draft lottery this year and start building just like that. Ball will more then likely be the #1 pick and he would be a valuable starting piece.

The Hawks are also searching the worth of their players. After trading Korver, I've seen more names show up on the possibilities. Paul Millsap being the main name. So anything can happen with ATL.

So let's talk rumors, possibilities and what you would like to see happening to your teams or even other teams before this deadline.
    The Cavs did the right thing to pass up Melo, it's make more sense for them to keep Love than getting Melo. What the Cavs need is a backup point guard is what they desperately needed, links to Deron Williams as you mentioned will be a good addition as a backup role, and they were also interest in Rajon Rondo(assuming if he gets a buyout though.).

Phil is doing the right thing, and do his best to get rid of Melo they need to rebuild badly, get rid of him is the first ordeal they should do and build around Kristaps Porziņģis.

The Wolves needs veterans to guide their young players but veterans that can at least contribute will be helpful too. I don't know what Rubio's value is and what they can get in return with him including Muhammad. Reggie Jackson and Rubio swap Thibs is good getting a scoring point guards to thrive at his system so that kinda make sense for the Wolves if they ever go through that deal.

For the Bulls the Rondo experiment is a failure there is no question about it. He wasn't really much of a issue in terms of his behavior as I thought yet but he wasn't happy losing as a starting job which is a norm for any player that loss their starting line up and I give Fred Hoiberg credit that he did bench Rondo and take him out of rotation earlier on(He put him back on the rotation as a backup point guard.) I wouldn't be surprise that the Bulls just buyout if they are not going, or can't find something at least decent in return for Rajon Rondo. I will say estimate that there is at least 30% maybe 40% chance that Jimmy Butler will get traded at the deadline next month, and if they do I better get something really good in return not just only draft picks but something really good return he is the only player on the Bulls team right now that has value. I think there is maybe 50/50 chance the Bulls will make a move before, or at the deadline I don't know what they can get in return. There is reports that the Bulls are shopping not just only Rajon Rondo but also Nikola Mirotic who is a big disappointment this season for the Bulls. While it is a pipe dream, and a long shot but I will probably convince Wade to stay tell him, and Jimmy to help recruit this summer to sign with the Bulls to bring talent, better talent help build a contender for next season now I know you say that isn't a pipe dream that could happen but reason I say pipe dream I will say the free agents to go after is Chris Paul, or even Blake Griffin. Yeah I know it's a pipe dream, and I doubt they come over to Chicago but I will say CP3 is tight friend with Wade too so that may help a bit. I do think there is a chance that CP3 could leave the Clippers next summer but not sign with the Bulls though. That is a different topic for another time more like the offseason basically. If anything I will at least build around Jimmy Butler look at what the Houston Rockets did last off-season they build around James Harden they bring shooters, that is what the Bulls lack well one of their needs is a relaiable outside shooters so follow some sort of Rockets model put shooters around Jimmy Butler. Oh, and fired Fred Hoiberg, and get a legit coach, or at least get the assistance coaches in the NBA I have a couple in mind.

I agree Boston have the best assets right now but so far they can't get a star. I don't know they trade Cousins now since reports they are going to give him the extension this summer for $200 million but who knows.

I try to figure out what the Hawks are trying to do. They sign Dwight Howard last summer, they trade Korver(Which isn't bad for them it help shred their salary Mike Dunleavy Jr contract is expiring next summer so they do have some cap space.) but putting Paul Milsap on the block? I don't know what exactly they are looking for return to dealt Milsap but I do understand with their thinking since he be a free agent this summer they may lose him so they want to get at least something in return before lose him for nothing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors swirling around NYC is that the Knicks and Clippers are in talks for a trade.

Apparently, the Knicks would be sending Carmelo Anthony to Lob City and getting Austin Rivers and either JJ Reddick or Jamal Crawford. Craziness. I love Melo and his loyalty, but if this dude wants a chance to win now or soon, it's in Los Angeles. The Knicks future would be retro Knickerbockers with another Rivers in the backcourt. Rivers and Porzingis would be a good start to rebuild and Hernangomez is looking like a savage, as well. That's 3 dudes to build around.

It would just be weird to see Doc and his son be split up.

I don't know. Too much drama on the MSG Hardwood.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a crummy return for Melo. I mean I get wanting him out, but compared to where he was when he signed the deal you couldn't think that he was only worth Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers.

And I don't think he'd be a great fit in LA either. He and Chris Paul will argue over who gets to hold the ball. And the Knicks can't get Blake even if they wanted him, so Melo, Blake and Chris Paul all on the floor at once seems like two too many egos.

Knicks probably should have let him walk over the no trade clause, but they were just a year removed from being the 2 seed so that's a tough call. They couldn't have assumed just how far the game was changing away from ball dominant scorers that pout a lot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    What a crummy return for Melo. I mean I get wanting him out, but compared to where he was when he signed the deal you couldn't think that he was only worth Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers.

And I don't think he'd be a great fit in LA either. He and Chris Paul will argue over who gets to hold the ball. And the Knicks can't get Blake even if they wanted him, so Melo, Blake and Chris Paul all on the floor at once seems like two too many egos.

Knicks probably should have let him walk over the no trade clause, but they were just a year removed from being the 2 seed so that's a tough call. They couldn't have assumed just how far the game was changing away from ball dominant scorers that pout a lot.
    Melo and Paul are best friends, they attended each wedding's(Including LeBron as well), I doubt they argue with one another enough then again Amare and Melo could never mesh together.

Also don't see how this puts the reigns into Porzingis, yeah it opens up more shots but teams will just double up on him and make Noah or Lance thomas beat them.

Don't think that's a good return either though I guess they want to get rid of Melo's mega deal(Crawford is extended as long but his last year isn't guaranteed).

I am cool with draft pick(s) and if can flip Reddick to say Boston or someone for a draft pick. Give me draft picks and shots in the draft. Lord knows when the last time the Knicks had multiple 1st round picks(Balkman and Collins, nevermind don't remind me)

Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls III DLC: The Ringed City(XB1), Donkey Kong Country 3(New 3DS), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Knicks and Clippers are now looking for a third team to join this trade.

I have a feeling this is going to be a blockbuster trade, whatever it is. It's just weird, because the Clippers are taking advantage of the Knicks here. The Clippers are being schiesty, not wanting to give anybody up. Forget the big 3, they don't even want to give up JJ Reddick. They just want Melo handed to them, which isn't surprising because Phil Jackson gave away JR Smith and Iman Shumpert for absolutely nothing. I don't know what's going on out there, but I hope the Knicks don't get rid of Melo. I would rather ride it out and see what can happen this season. They're still only 3 games back and their turmoil isn't really as bad as the Bulls right now.

In my opinion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 3rd team will get Reddick and that 3rd team will compensate Knicks with draft pick(s). Just a matter of who wants JJ? Boston?

Chris Paul will demand for Melo and Clips will give in.

Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls III DLC: The Ringed City(XB1), Donkey Kong Country 3(New 3DS), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some unexpected yet interesting news, the Warriors let go of Varejao and signed a guy named Briante Weber to a 10 day contract. He's a point guard who almost racked up a quadruple double in the D League..I've never heard of this cat til just now so I posted this highlights video below.

Aight..This might bode real well for Golden State..From what I've seen, Weber is great at steals and one of his trademark moves is a self-ally-oop dunk...I like the energy he shows here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found the video where Weber almost got his quadruple double

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumor gaining a lot of fire right now is that the Pelicans are close to grabbing Jahlil Okafor from Philadelphia in exchange for Alex Ajinca and a future 1st round pick. Okafor and Davis in the front court would be huge for years to come.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first rounder will be protected that is a terrible return for the 76ers.

Pelicans needs talent and needs it badly to surround and build around Anthony Davis. Okafor will be a good start and the two will compliment very well offensively. Defensively Ad will help out withh Okafor a bit with his miscues.

There were reports that the Bulls are interest in Okafor too from last week I wouldn't mind getting him for a low cost.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leagues going one way, Okafors the other way. I don't think he moves the needle for New Orleans.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Leagues going one way, Okafors the other way. I don't think he moves the needle for New Orleans.
    Not disagreeing with u there u are right. But if the Pelicans can get Okafor via trade for a low cost I got to pull the trigger.

Of course the 76ers will probably ask more since reports that Jru Holiday is the center piece which I wouldn't trade him if I was the Pelicans even though they could lose Holiday this summer since he become a free agent and won't get anything g in return.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier in the week, The Blazers traded Plumlee (who is having a career year) over to the Nuggets for Nurkic. Draft picks were included. Both of the older Plumlee Bros have been traded now before the deadline. One over to Charlotte and the younger one to Denver. Both went to playoff contenders, though, so neither got really screwed.

In a bigger trade, the Orlando Magic have now traded Serge Ibaka to the Toronto Raptors for Terrence Ross and the lesser of their 1st round picks in the upcoming draft (either their own or the Clippers). I thought it was weird when Orlando signed Ibaka and Biyombo to a team that has Vucevic holding shit down and with the upcoming free agency for Ibaka; they had no choice. Toronto, on the other hand, just got a big help with that pick. I don't think Sullinger will be healthy enough to be much of a help for the Raptors so the addition of Ibaka could help the Raptors get over that hump. With a loaded draft, this works well for Orlando, too. The Magic are said to not be finished in the trade market, either. Fun times.

Also, apparently, the Magic were trying to deal Ibaka to the Celtics for a first round pick and Rozier, but Boston didn't want to trade Rozier.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibaka to Toronto, and Love is out for six to eight weeks. This is Toronto's best chance to "Serge" to the #1 seed.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Ibaka to Toronto, and Love is out for six to eight weeks. This is Toronto's best chance to "Serge" to the #1 seed.
    It might be but I have zero confidence in Casey. His job has been saved by Lowry and, last year specifically, JV's performance.

I am absolutely going to miss Ross a lot and hope he excels in Orlando ala T Mac but there's another play on the roster who can step up and fill his spot in Powell. Powell ISN'T as good as Ross is (yet) but is not a far enough drop to offset the gain in Ibaka. It also allows the Raptors a lethal 3 big rotation in Ibaka, JV and the incredibly underrated Patterson as well as a potential counter to Cleveland 5 out line up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the thing I don't understand, though.

The Toronto big men are all pretty good, but are kind of in a traffic jam right now. Same as Orlando, albeit better overall talent.

Valancuianis, Ibaka, Patterson, Sullinger. That's a lot of star power and although Casey isn't the best coach, this is a really good chance for them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. No way Cleveland makes the NBA Finals this season. It's going to be either Toronto (who I think has the best chance), Washington (2nd best), Boston (3rd best) or the Knicks (some 1999 magic?)

Whoever does make it is losing to the Warriors, though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    That's the thing I don't understand, though.

The Toronto big men are all pretty good, but are kind of in a traffic jam right now. Same as Orlando, albeit better overall talent.

Valancuianis, Ibaka, Patterson, Sullinger. That's a lot of star power and although Casey isn't the best coach, this is a really good chance for them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. No way Cleveland makes the NBA Finals this season. It's going to be either Toronto (who I think has the best chance), Washington (2nd best), Boston (3rd best) or the Knicks (some 1999 magic?)

Whoever does make it is losing to the Warriors, though.
    I wanna see a moment like when the Don Nelson-era Warriors upsetted the 67-win Dallas Mavericks, or the '94 Nuggets over the Supersonics in Round One. Fuck the Warriors

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I wanna see a moment like when the Don Nelson-era Warriors upsetted the 67-win Dallas Mavericks, or the '94 Nuggets over the Supersonics in Round One. Fuck the Warriors
    There was also that time the 99 Knicks beat the #1 seed Miami Heat in the 1st round via Allan Houston tear drop with .8 left in the game!

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pels have agreed to trade Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and future first- and second-round pick for DeMarcus Cousins, sources say
    Earlier in the night they said they wouldn't trade Cousins, but here we are. The Pelicans were also inquiring about Paul George. I highly doubt they had an offer worth considering for Larry.

vCash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evans goes back to the Kings.

Great deal for the Pelicans although Galloway is not a bad player, I miss him on the Knicks.

EDIT: buddy hield the Pels 2016 1st rounder is going the Kings way, that's important to note and probably the biggest of the 3 players. Still a great deal by NO but still.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kings better get used to losing...more.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insanity. Holy fucking shit.

The Pelicans are going to be fucking terrifying to face. AD and Cousins together?! Wow. They're a shooting guard away from being a real contender to win the NBA title.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cousins/Davis is one scary frontcourt for years to come

Pelicans could push for the playoffs for the 8th seed which is possible if not there's isn't always next year.

Either way good trade for the Pelicans, not a good deal for the Kings

Thread Information