Thread: NBA Trade Deadline- Trades & Rumors

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA Trade Deadline- Trades & Rumors

After refusing to trade Demarcus for so long the Kings finally agree to get rid of him for THAT? Jeez, Such a weak trade for Sacramento. Pelicans with a steal. The 2 best big men in the NBA on the same team in Davis & Cousins. This is exactly what both players have needed the last 5 years. That is a deadly front court (Best since Robinson & Duncan) I like Cousins a lot & glad he's not being wasted anymore in Sacramento. Not a good look for Kings management to insist they're keepin Demarcus then get rid of him. Shows they can't be trusted

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we are talking boys.

Watched Cousins play against the Pels last year and now he is joining them. Blockbuster deal for New Orleans and got him for a great price.

Edit: A little bummed because I like Buddy but I fear he may not pan out as well as I had hoped. Still gonna root for him.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to embed twitter here so here is the link Cousins reaction https://mobile.twitter.com/manny_vie...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. And all signs were pointing to the Lakers picking up Cousins.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pduh View Post
    I don't know how to embed twitter here so here is the link Cousins reaction https://mobile.twitter.com/manny_vie...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    That's hilarious.

The Kings better hit big in this draft. There's too many future stars to get unlucky and miss. Add them with Hield, Cauldy Stein and hope that they all evolve to a great team. They're going to be building for a bit, but that's not new to this organization.

I'm excited to see AD and Cousins down low. While the NBA got small and flashy, the Pelicans are going big and old school.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like KAT over Cousins for personality reasons and think of the big 3 Kentucky big men, Cousins is the worst but he's still really good when on.

Hopefully Davis can control Cousins because he's a loose cannon on the court. It's great to see he cares about winning but he racks up techs like no tomorrow and throws temper tantrums on the court when he does not get a call and doesn't get back on defense as a result.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really hoping the Lakers could of found a way to get Cousins , but it would of meant giving up Ingram or Russell and that would of made me a little sad.

My jaw dropped a bit when I seen this trade , just because I never would of guessed the Pelicans to be in the Boogie sweepstakes. I don't know how it's going to work out with him and AD but I'm pretty fucking eager to find out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't fucking wait until Thursday night. I've been contemplating whether I want to buy tickets to that game or not. A buzz is in the air about this team that hasn't been around in a while and I want in.

Barring he stays healthy, I think this trade really benefits Holiday. He will have those two big men to feed to plus clear the way for him to make some good looks. This should convince him to resign with the team in the offseason. NO is still lacking at SG and SF though so I'm not 100% sold yet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this trade isn't a blockbuster, it's big for a team in the playoffs.

The Houston Rockets have traded Corey Brewer and a 1st round pick to the Los Angeles Lakers for Lou Williams.

This gives Houston the top 2 contenders for the 6th man of the year in Eric Gordon and Lou Williams. It also gives a Dantoni run team another massive scoring threat. Big trade for Houston. Magic Johnson also completed his first trade as the boss of the Lakers.

Thoughts? How much this trade help Houston as a legitimate threat to San Antonio and Golden State in the Western Conference playoffs?
    Last edited by Dat Guy; 02-22-2017 at 11:00 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see how Brewer's gonna work out in Purple & Gold.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good trade for both teams. Lakers get a late first rounder while the Rockets added more scoring off the bench that can play the two guard, and some at the point when needed. I don't think they will be a threat for the Warriors nor Spurs this year playoffs but they will be a fun team to watch for the rest of the season like all season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another trade:

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Bogan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Washington Wizards for Marcus Thornton, Andrew Nicholson and 1st round pick.

The trade certainly helps the Wizards with getting scoring off the bench. It also eliminates money from the cap and helps them sign Otto Porter when that time comes. However, I feel the Nets walk out the winner in this trade. Sean Marks has been a great GM for the Nets so far and somehow got this Brooklyn franchise TWO 1st round picks in this upcoming draft. That's after they traded everything away to Boston for Pierce and Garnett awhile ago.

Still, I'm sure Brooklyn would've much rather had their own pick coming into this season as its most likely going to be the #1 overall pick and Danny Ainge is trying to lure a superstar over to Boston with it.

Thoughts? Does this trade help Washington enough where they can be a legitimate threat to Cleveland this postseason? Who is the 2nd best team in the East right now?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul George could be on his way to the Lakers now. This is risky because they could easily lose their first round pic they just got, which should be used to acquire Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball.
    Last edited by Dukezilla; 02-22-2017 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    Paul George could be on his way to the Lakers now. This is risky because they could easily lose their first round pic they just got, which should be used to acquire Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball.
    I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think the Pacers are willing to get rid of PG13. The Pacers tried hard this season by signing Al Jefferson (who became a bench player to Turner), Thaddeus Young (who has battled injuries), Monta Ellis (who got old) and Jeff Teague (who is the same type of player as George Hill). The answer might be starting over, but they're going to ride the ship and try and build around PG13 and Myles Turner.

As for the Lakers, Magic Johnson doesn't want to ruin the youth, but has gone on record to say that too many players on the team do the exact same thing. I don't think Nick Young is going to last past the deadline, but it won't be this blockbuster trade by Magic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't presume the draft pick would be the centerpiece of a Pacers-Lakers trade. I'd guess that Ingram and whatever other young players are involved would be the prize with the possibility of a great pick/probability of an ok one.

Pacers should be talking to Boston though. Brown, Crowder and the Nets pick is a package I like. Pacers need to trade Paul, he's not coming back unless he is an all pro this year and suddenly Indy has a lot more money they can offer. I don't think he will and then Pacers will have to move him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lakers would be crazy to break up their young nucleus. Russell, Ingram, Randle, and the 2017 pick should be untouchable. Everyone else is fair game. Why trade your young assets for a current star and end up with a one man show like Carmelo in NY or Cousins in Sac? That would set their franchise back further imo. Keep collecting and developing the young talent and eventually it will pay off.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Philadelphia 76ers have traded Ersan Ilyasova to the Atlanta Hawks for Thiago Splitter. 2nd round draft picks were also involved.

The process continues. The process of trading for 7 foot men. The Sixers are unsure if they're going to keep Splitter on board, but it's so annoying to look at. I'm sure the Sixers are not done, yet. They're still trying to trade away Jahlil Okafor and it may be a last minute trade.

As for the Atlanta Hawks, they've already hit the trade market trading for Mike Dunleavy and now getting Ersan Ilyasova. The coach is the protege of Greg Popovich and this organization is trying to put something together. From what I've read, the Hawks are not finished trading yet. They're trying to figure something out to put themselves in an opportunity to knock off Cleveland. The Cavs are looking vulnerable to everyone in the East right now and I'm interested to see what else the Hawks got up their sleeve. This was a good trade for them.

I'm also hearing that a Rubio for Rose trade may be happening between the Wolves and the Knicks. I really like D-Rose and I'm not too fond of just giving up on this season yet. I'm not too sure if I care about Rubio enough, either.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bogut's getting bought out, more than likely. He'll be in Cavs uniform by St. Patrick's Day. Or maybe he'll come back to the warriors. We could use him. We need a big man.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Houston Rockets have traded Tyler Ellis to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Marcelo Huertas

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huertas? He's trash lol

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gr8t I Is View Post
    Bogut's getting bought out, more than likely. He'll be in Cavs uniform by St. Patrick's Day. Or maybe he'll come back to the warriors. We could use him. We need a big man.
    You can't resign a player you've traded for a year.

Edit: whoops, it's league year. He is indeed able to go back.
    Last edited by mikec; 02-24-2017 at 12:33 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    You can't resign a player you've traded for a year.

Edit: whoops, it's league year. He is indeed able to go back.
    We need him bad, We need a big man down low to plug the lane and grab rebounds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Da Gr8t I Is what do you think about Matt Barnes(who was a Warrior a decade ago) coming back? Personally, I think a motivated Barnes would be great for Golden State now..Golden State brings out the best in players with shitty reputations..Look at McGee..Dude is fucking killin it..His 3 point shot is still kinda good and he can at least play defense, drive and make some free throws, along with throwing down a dunk or 2.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    @Da Gr8t I Is what do you think about Matt Barnes(who was a Warrior a decade ago) coming back? Personally, I think a motivated Barnes would be great for Golden State now..Golden State brings out the best in players with shitty reputations..Look at McGee..Dude is fucking killin it..His 3 point shot is still kinda good and he can at least play defense, drive and make some free throws, along with throwing down a dunk or 2.
    Matt Barnes replacing KD is the worst replacement since light-skinned Aunt Viv replaced original Aunt Viv.

All jokes a side i think he's a decent pick up. Even though we want old Matt Barnes, were getting OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDD Matt Burnes. Anyways, as long as he knows his role and stays in the pocket will be fine.
    Last edited by Da Gr8t I Is; 03-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Da Gr8t I Is yea I got a feeling Barnes will actually stay outta trouble somehow and be a solid player in the next couple months. Long as he brings he defense, he'll be fine. Let's see how he handles the next few games.

Thread Information