Thread: RIP Yordano Ventura

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RIP Yordano Ventura

Well PW was down but I think this warrants it's own thread, former Infielder Andy Marte also lost his life in a car accident in the Dominican Republic earlier today. Just awful news all around. Yeah he got into it with some silly headhunting stuff but the guy was still very young and talented and might have been on the verge of becoming a frontline starter for the Royals. He was really up and down the past 1-2 years for the Royals but if he learned to mix up better pitches rather than rely on the gas, he could have been a 1 if not 2 in this league for many years to come. Had a lot of talent and was never intimidated.

With Fernandez passing away a few months prior and now this, it's just a huge hit for baseball to lose these young, charismatic players and just sad to see two under 25 year olds lose their lives way too soon. One with a boat accident, now this one in a vehicle accident.
    Last edited by Blindy; 01-23-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RIP Yordano Ventura

Such a sad story when two young guys in Yordano Ventura and Andy Marte pass away from preventable causes. Sadly it has happened too often in the MLB this last year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    Such a sad story when two young guys in Yordano Ventura and Andy Marte pass away from preventable causes. Sadly it has happened too often in the MLB this last year.
    Yeah some minor leaguers also lost their lives in tragic accidents in the past few months, I know one of the Yankee A ball prospects lost their life in a car accident and I think one of the Twins prospects lost their lives 1-2 months ago as well. Just scary stuff man.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading on Reddit people talking about how lax people are with drink driving and other road laws in the Dominican Republic. Apparently it's very common to drive intoxicated or on the phone, ride motorbikes without helmets, etc. Perhaps a silver lining of having a famous person die this way might motivate/encourage them to make some changes in order to save lives.

In the meantime, it's just plain sad news. RIP Yordano and Andy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I was reading on Reddit people talking about how lax people are with drink driving and other road laws in the Dominican Republic. Apparently it's very common to drive intoxicated or on the phone, ride motorbikes without helmets, etc. Perhaps a silver lining of having a famous person die this way might motivate/encourage them to make some changes in order to save lives.

In the meantime, it's just plain sad news. RIP Yordano and Andy.
    Think I read it was a big holiday the night prior and you know that leads to danger. I know Oscar Tavares was another young superstar this league lost over these crazy roads in DR. Nick Adenhart lost his life over a drunk driver a couple years back.

Not sure if DWI was the fault of either death here but I would not be surprised.

It's just never going to stop. I wish it will but it's scary knowing how many sick and crazy people there are behind the wheel. You just have to hope and pray you aren't on the same road as any of these people.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's another heartbreaking story.

Between Ventura and Fernandez, the MLB has lost two bright MLB stars of the future. Just devastating.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't drive drunk..you may think you can...and you may pull it off 99 percent of the time but that 1 percent is a killer...RIP dude.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the ballpark to watch Ace pitch his best game, a 7 inning gen against the Giants in 2014 that extended the series to a seventh game. Watching Ventura was always a mixed bag with either disaster of walks or brilliance with a nasty curve ball that was devastating for even the viewer watching or occasionally both in the same game, but he was our guy and I always wanted him to hit his potential. I'll miss watching him pitch, it's too bad we'll never see his prime because he was going to be a great one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro Martinez is tweeting about a rumor in the DR that Yordano may have been found alive after the car wreck and was beaten and robbed and left to die.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Pedro Martinez is tweeting about a rumor in the DR that Yordano may have been found alive after the car wreck and was beaten and robbed and left to die.
    Robbing a near dead man is one thing but to beat them to death is pathetic, I hope that isn't the case. I know humanity at times go the extra mile in showing how evil it can really be but that would be cruel.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my reading it actually sounds about normal there, sad as it is to say.

Thread Information