Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

I don't see why we're still discussing this in a thread for Election Day. It's over. It's done. President Trump is going to be a thing and it's time to move forward.

Donal Trump's proposed cabinet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Donald_Trump

I watched some of the questioning of Betsy DeVos last night and I gotta say...how can anyone watch that and think Donald Trump is going to make America better?

Examples: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...anken-real-bad

And this is one nominee. Everyone he's put forward so far has been terrible for one reason or another, and seem to go against everything Trump said in his campaign.

I'm just trying to understand. I know politicians, lobbyists, etc are horrible on both sides. But how can people still sit back and say "America's gonna be great!" while watching Trump contradict himself at every turn?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

If we aren't in massive trade wars by sometime into the 2nd year of this nightmare I'll be shocked....
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More cabinet fun comes with the admission that Rick Perry took on the Secretary of Energy job without knowing that 2/3's of the job relates to maintaining our nuclear weapons program.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel safer already.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lead us from death to victory, from falsehood to truth.
    Lead us from despair to hope, from faith to slaughter.
    Lead us to His strength and an eternity of war.
    Let His wrath fill our hearts.
    Death, war, and blood;
    in vengeance serve the Emperor and the name of Dorn!?

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    More cabinet fun comes with the admission that Rick Perry took on the Secretary of Energy job without knowing that 2/3's of the job relates to maintaining our nuclear weapons program.
    What better way to take on big government and shake things up than with people who have no idea what the concept of actual governance actually entails?
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I don't see why we're still discussing this in a thread for Election Day. It's over. It's done. President Trump is going to be a thing and it's time to move forward.

Donal Trump's proposed cabinet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Donald_Trump

I watched some of the questioning of Betsy DeVos last night and I gotta say...how can anyone watch that and think Donald Trump is going to make America better?

Examples: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...anken-real-bad

And this is one nominee. Everyone he's put forward so far has been terrible for one reason or another, and seem to go against everything Trump said in his campaign.

I'm just trying to understand. I know politicians, lobbyists, etc are horrible on both sides. But how can people still sit back and say "America's gonna be great!" while watching Trump contradict himself at every turn?
    You beat me to it. I was just thinking yesterday how we need a new thread to discuss Trump's presidency, but I didn't make it.

As a Trump supporter, I am really not happy with his pick for Secretary of Education. This lady seems like a total nut, although I will admit that I don't know much about her aside from what I saw and read from her hearing yesterday...and it wasn't good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant. View Post
    You beat me to it. I was just thinking yesterday how we need a new thread to discuss Trump's presidency, but I didn't make it.

As a Trump supporter, I am really not happy with his pick for Secretary of Education. This lady seems like a total nut, although I will admit that I don't know much about her aside from what I saw and read from her hearing yesterday...and it wasn't good.
    I live in the state of Michigan, and the DeVos family's dismantling of this state's educational system was on full display in those hearings. Everything Betsy DeVos and her husband Dick have preached (literally) about education has led to the ruination of public schools not just in Detroit, but across the state. And the charter schools and the hyperspeed push for Christianity in schools isn't going so well for the state in terms of standardized testing, either.

Michigan residents knew exactly what it was. I wasn't surprised at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was very memeable, that's for sure.

President is in favor of choice, he's going to get some nominee in favor of it pushed through. Her history of strong support of Common Core pushes hard against Trump though.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding the DeVos family is about as out of touch as you can get in terms of understanding the state of the school system in the United States. Rich private school family that lives off the Amway billions that has never had to step foot in a public school or struggle/borrow to pay tuition.

They represent the 1%, much like all of Trump's picks (and Trump himself) do. He fooled so many people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DeVoss family owns Amway and anyone who sells Amway becomes an obnoxious turd,its also more of a cult than a company which is a bit worrying.
    By the way, I was in Michigan last week, very nice place but a bit cold for me coming out of summer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding the DeVos family is about as out of touch as you can get in terms of understanding the state of the school system in the United States. Rich private school family that lives off the Amway billions that has never had to step foot in a public school or struggle/borrow to pay tuition.

They represent the 1%, much like all of Trump's picks (and Trump himself) do. He fooled so many people.
    Going from the most educated cabinet in US history to the least educated is astounding. Also, going from the most diverse to least diverse in decades. 13 white men, two white women, and a black man. Most of them have no prior government experience. I honestly feel like we live in a reality show now.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    Going from the most educated cabinet in US history to the least educated is astounding. Also, going from the most diverse to least diverse in decades. 13 white men, two white women, and a black man. Most of them have no prior government experience. I honestly feel like we live in a reality show now.
    It's pretty astounding, yeah. But also, any Republican that won this election would do the same thing. Maybe they'd have more experienced people but the diversity was going out the window either way.

The GOP love their white leaders.

And the "race doesn't matter, it should go to the most qualified!" people have no argument here with these picks. He literally just picked a bunch of rich, white yes men that will be the smokescreen he needs to hide behind to ride out these 4 years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malibus most Wanted-That's my man moe that brother straight up crazy he time in public school

Sorry that's what that post made me think of
    Last edited by DanTheMan; 01-19-2017 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to enjoy my last night sleeping with this low life Obama as President.

Tomorrow, Donald Trump becomes President! So excited.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long before he nukes another country for making fun of him and his ridiculous hair?

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most distressing elements of the incoming government so far for me are:

The separation of church and state- Jeff Sessions unsure if secular people understand "truth", and Betsy DeVos as education secretary.

Climate change denial- From top to bottom, Trump, to the House of Representatives Science panel (oversees the EPA and NOAA), all think that climate change isn't real, and/or isn't man-made. Scientists have a 97 percent consensus that says otherwise- the same consensus that smoking leads to cancer.

LGBT equality- Supreme Court picks and Trumps executive orders will shape quite a bit in the wrong direction.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that was a fun weekend.

Trump's first acts were to make it harder for Americans to get mortgages and began the steps to dismantle the ACA before any alternative is in place.

Speaking of alternatives, Sean Spicer offered up "alternative facts" (re: lies) about the inauguration crowd, like anyone not named Donald Trump gives a fuck.

A bunch of idiots burned and broke things on Friday, but one of those idiots punched a Nazi in the head so it wasn't a total waste. Fortunately it was followed up by a very inspirational worldwide march that was hopefully the first of many.

How's everyone doing?

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to watch all the satire shows during the presidency.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best part of this whole thing...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he delivers on half of his promises...an those women are mad...guess they don't like getting grabbed in the pussy...lol.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels View Post
    I hope he delivers on half of his promises...an those women are mad...guess they don't like getting grabbed in the pussy...lol.
    I think it is pretty sad the amount of slut shaming some of those SJWs were giving to Trump's wife over the months. What happened to wanting strong women and standing behind a lady who self made herself to be wealthy? Why did those virtues go out the window for her?

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the bright side though, Trump did get more fat women walking in a single day than Michelle did in 8 years.

On a more serious note. Generals Mattis and Kelly flew through their nominations, Mattis getting all but one vote, and Kelly getting all but 11. Those were probably Trump's two best nominations though.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 01-23-2017 at 02:13 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I think it is pretty sad the amount of slut shaming some of those SJWs were giving to Trump's wife over the months. What happened to wanting strong women and standing behind a lady who self made herself to be wealthy? Why did those virtues go out the window for her?
    Riding Trump's dick is not a virtue most women seek to aspire to. Outside of that, what did she really do?

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that Spicer and co felt the need to lie about how many people attended the inauguration is worrying. It was day 1 of his Presidency and that was a focus.

References to climate change are being removed from the White House website, that says a lot and none of it is good.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

Thread Information