Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,268 of 1268

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

  1. #1251
    Senior Member T-Bone's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,549
    vCash
    2140
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    The right is utter disarray now. We see the GOP congressmen breaking hard from these protestors and this attitude. It is too far right even for them and the time has come to cut the extremists from the party. Paul Ryan and others are not mincing words at all. I think many have had it with Trump, have had it with the southern strategy and have had it with the entire alt right.
    Keep track of the GOP congressmen. It's only been 12 of 292 that have condemned Trump without naming him explicitly for this. 12. That's 4%.

    Literally; people would rather defend domestic terrorists, Nazis, white supremists and the KKK (something that I used to think everyone could agree was bad, wrong and evil) then admit they made a mistake. They're figuratively rather die on this hill than admit that. They'd literally rather make a false equivalency. There's only so many times you can think or say that you hope this is a turning point before you remember that it's not.

    The defining characteristic of the opposing crowd was that they were against Nazis and the KKK. That didn't used to be called "left."

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Goat
    Historians have a word for Germans who joined the Nazi party, not because they hated Jews, but because out of a hope for restored patriotism, or a sense of economic anxiety, or a hope to preserve their religious values, or dislike of their opponents, or raw political opportunism, or convenience, or ignorance, or greed.

    That word is "Nazi."

    Nobody cares about their motives anymore.
    There is no freaking nuance to Nazism. Good vs evil. Pick your side.

    Seriously; how do you twist yourself enough to defend this?
    Last edited by T-Bone; 08-17-2017 at 10:28 AM.

  2. #1252
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,890
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    I think anyone who has a brain knows that the KKK is bad. It's not like Trump didn't go on air condemning them. Trump just spoke the truth and said what I've been saying for a long time. The evil is on the other side, too. I don't know how YOU GUYS can't admit that. That's the funny part. You expect everyone to come here and say "THE KKK IS EVIL!", yet you can't even muster up the courage you want from others to admit that these "counter protestors" are a bunch of annoying douchebags who asked for it when they went into a non-policed situation with the KKK. If you want to be brave and say you're doing it for what's right, then don't go emo and get shocked when the fucking KKK does crazy shit with cars and torches.

    Common sense. Everyone has it, but not everyone uses it. You think I'd be caught dead with the KKK as a son of immigrants of Muslim descent? No! Because I'm not a fucking moron.

    People keep attacking Trump for being real and it's not all people. It's this bubble of people that get exposed when it's election time and get exposed when their true colors of hatred and bigotry show. Trump is a real talker and this country has been so wrapped up with the PC culture of presidents that they don't know how to handle it.

  3. #1253
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,203
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I think anyone who has a brain knows that the KKK is bad. It's not like Trump didn't go on air condemning them. Trump just spoke the truth and said what I've been saying for a long time. The evil is on the other side, too. I don't know how YOU GUYS can't admit that. That's the funny part. You expect everyone to come here and say "THE KKK IS EVIL!", yet you can't even muster up the courage you want from others to admit that these "counter protestors" are a bunch of annoying douchebags who asked for it when they went into a non-policed situation with the KKK. If you want to be brave and say you're doing it for what's right, then don't go emo and get shocked when the fucking KKK does crazy shit with cars and torches.

    Common sense. Everyone has it, but not everyone uses it. You think I'd be caught dead with the KKK as a son of immigrants of Muslim descent? No! Because I'm not a fucking moron.

    People keep attacking Trump for being real and it's not all people. It's this bubble of people that get exposed when it's election time and get exposed when their true colors of hatred and bigotry show. Trump is a real talker and this country has been so wrapped up with the PC culture of presidents that they don't know how to handle it.
    There is a time and place to talk about this. Right after Charlottseville was NOT that place and time. Whatever you think about the Antifa people, they WERE NOT the ones that ran their car straight into a crowd of people and killed someone. Had it been one of those Antifa assholes Trump would have condemned them in the strongest possible terms. THAT'S what he needed to do with these Nazi fucks

    Arnold sums it up pretty nicely here.


  4. #1254
    Senior Member ToxicAvenger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    466
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Bannon got fired. Things will get interesting now.

  5. #1255
    Fan Fic HOFer Kid Jericho's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,036
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    The right is utter disarray now. We see the GOP congressmen breaking hard from these protestors and this attitude. It is too far right even for them and the time has come to cut the extremists from the party. Paul Ryan and others are not mincing words at all. I think many have had it with Trump, have had it with the southern strategy and have had it with the entire alt right.
    I've found a lot of GOP Leadership to be quite cowardly for not mentioning Trump explicitly. They're hedging their bets. Few have actually had the balls to call Trump out directly and cheers to those guys.

    Also, Bannon is out ... which is amazing. I can't believe the turnover in the WH in seven months.

  6. #1256
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokMike View Post
    So infertile people having sex is bad then right? Sex has nothing to do with male+female, long before someone made up some goofy definition, same sexes were getting freaky. So yeah, humans shouldn't try to redefine sex to meet some ridiculous crap they involve themselves with.
    I honestly don't know where you're going with this. Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? This vague "I'll ask him this question, what do you think about that!!!! HAHAHA" It's flying right over my head.

    You are saying that... what are you saying.


  7. #1257
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    There is a time and place to talk about this. Right after Charlottseville was NOT that place and time. Whatever you think about the Antifa people, they WERE NOT the ones that ran their car straight into a crowd of people and killed someone. Had it been one of those Antifa assholes Trump would have condemned them in the strongest possible terms. THAT'S what he needed to do with these Nazi fucks

    Arnold sums it up pretty nicely here.


    There's something about being dressed in a ski mask and battering a woman for carrying an American Flag. And when you do it countering a rally for free speech. I have one word for that person: terrorist.

    I'm not sure what Trump said is equivolent to the actions that people take. People have been especially retarded since Trump took office. Antifa is not knew, they've been breaking windows and destroying trash cans for a long time, but to allow their blatant terrorism to continue without declaring them a terrorist orginization? Baffles my mind. All of the violence and shit throwing has been caused by them and the protests and counter-protests. When are we going to say enough of you childish temper tantrums, you're not allowed to break stuff anymore. You're not allowed to punch people anymore. You're not allowed to have autisitic outbursts of violonece anymore just because you thinkyou are supposed to do that.

  8. #1258
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    I'm struggling thru Arnold's bullshit video. Trump already rejected the support of white supremacists, a long fucking time ago lollllllll. What is this bullshit.

    Insert picture of Hillary hugging Robert Byrd.

    The only people that are dividing the country right now, are people creating drama where it didn't exist before. You are going to rallies and inviting your enemies, and fighting with police when that shit is fucking retarded. Stay at home and don't do that. What is the fucking point?

  9. #1259
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,203
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Madbro View Post
    I'm struggling thru Arnold's bullshit video. Trump already rejected the support of white supremacists, a long fucking time ago lollllllll. What is this bullshit.

    Insert picture of Hillary hugging Robert Byrd.

    The only people that are dividing the country right now, are people creating drama where it didn't exist before. You are going to rallies and inviting your enemies, and fighting with police when that shit is fucking retarded. Stay at home and don't do that. What is the fucking point?
    Trump's rejection of white supremacists has always been kind of tepid, especially by his own standards. He needs to use the same kind of tone he uses against radical Islam, forceful and without ambiguity.

    Believe me I get it. I am ONE of those people that thinks this whole idea of taking down Civil War statues is retarded. And I understand that Trump does not want to lump in perfectly reasonable people who are against the statues being removed with the Nazi assholes. But I think those same people will be secure enough to know that Trump wouldn't be talking about them by calling white supremacists out for what they are.
    Last edited by The Real LT; Yesterday at 03:57 AM.

  10. #1260
    I BITE! iNCY's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,129
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Damn whitey girls tryna' be problematic

    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...a75b3288d12803

    Yes, they were probably assholes, but it is not how you win the hearts and minds to your cause.
    Shutting down an argument does not equal winning it, something completely lost to many of the radicals these days.

  11. #1261
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,967
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Next week is when the shit hits the fan. That is just a sign of things to come. Post Berkley riot, colleges have gotten a bit strange. As far as I know, no blame was ever placed on the students who rioted. The belief that hate speech is violence, therefore property destruction and violence against people is a form of self-defense against a violent attack. Here the violence was Milo being asked to speak at the college that the students felt the need to defend themselves against, so they lit fire to the campus, stabbed people and blew shit up. The act of Milo speaking at a future time was an attack that made the students fear for their lives, so the riot as an act of self-defense should be justified.

    http://www.dailycal.org/2017/02/07/v...-self-defense/

    Couple this with Evergreen college going as so far as to shut the campus down and hold the administration hostage because a professor questioned if asking all white students to leave campus for a day. No students were punished, the administration said that it was racist to oppose asking white students to leave campus for a day, and that students should be exempt from any work or tests they missed because the act of protesting was of more value than the work they missed.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0f078efd98b0e


    Shit is going to get ugly in a few weeks and either young republicans will be pushed off campuses or their will be violent clashes. I really expect young republicans to be the be male accused of sexual assault in the college scene. Even if the DA and the college finds no evidence of wrong doing, the mere act of accusing someone of rape means they are guilty. Mattress girl made this crystal clear. The fact Columbia let her carry out her protest knowing that there was no evidence she was assaulted and evidence later that the story was fabricated, showed that campuses will not check the extreme liberals, even if it costs them millions of dollars, as in the case of the guy who was accused by our mattress carrying pornostar. Other cases have been settled when the males were preemptive expelled when a third party reports the rape, even after the "rape" victim said it was consensual.

    http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/27/in...-for-rape-even

    DeVos was crucified for saying that the accused students have the right to due process under the fourth amendment. Many opposing groups say that after someone is accused they should be expelled because the burden of proof is too high and requiring proof a crime occured would lead to less people reporting crimes.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/u...n.html?mcubz=0

    I expect we will treat racism as we do sexual assault this coming year. Accuse someone and they will be expelled. We are spending billions this month and next month to teach students about microaggressions and how they are acts of violence. Take this will everything else I discussed a message begins to form. If someone is offended by speech, regardless of the intent of the speaker, they have the right to defend themselves against that speech with overt violence. Then the people being attacked should be expelled and the attacker exonerated. This is where the liberals on campus want things to go. As someone who is far left, I and career shifting out of education because I cannot deal with this. Saying Trump was not wrong saying there many violent groups at the Charlottesville protests got people in a fury from my lab, despite antifa and bloc block anarchs themselves talking about the violence, and the Oathkeepers citing the violence as why they were walking away from racist groups. This is mob justice at it's finest and because it is the left that is being the mob, they feel it is for the betterment of society. They do not see any parallels between their actions, hate, violence, taking power by force and discrimination and the nazi party they all claim to hate. I avoid going on campus itself now as with emails I am fairly protected and the context I raised points in I can defend in honor court, but on campus without a documented log, shit is really scary.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  12. #1262
    I BITE! iNCY's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,129
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    If even 15% of that happened it would enrage me.
    People need to be responsible for their own "feelings"
    Seriously, the obsession with "feelings" is such a load of crap, I had issues growing up with bullying due to some things outside my control, but I see that time as having forged my resolve and work ethic, something severely lacking these days.

    I don't like Maggie, but I love this quote:

    Do you know that one of the great problems of our age is that we are governed by people who care more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas.
    Margaret Thatcher,
    The great irony is that this will 100% push the center to the right in a big way, probably more than twice as much as the tea party pushed the center to the left.

  13. #1263
    Quickdraw McBald nazzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,904
    vCash
    1564
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I expect we will treat racism as we do sexual assault this coming year. Accuse someone and they will be expelled. We are spending billions this month and next month to teach students about microaggressions and how they are acts of violence. Take this will everything else I discussed a message begins to form. If someone is offended by speech, regardless of the intent of the speaker, they have the right to defend themselves against that speech with overt violence. Then the people being attacked should be expelled and the attacker exonerated. This is where the liberals on campus want things to go. As someone who is far left, I and career shifting out of education because I cannot deal with this. Saying Trump was not wrong saying there many violent groups at the Charlottesville protests got people in a fury from my lab, despite antifa and bloc block anarchs themselves talking about the violence, and the Oathkeepers citing the violence as why they were walking away from racist groups. This is mob justice at it's finest and because it is the left that is being the mob, they feel it is for the betterment of society. They do not see any parallels between their actions, hate, violence, taking power by force and discrimination and the nazi party they all claim to hate. I avoid going on campus itself now as with emails I am fairly protected and the context I raised points in I can defend in honor court, but on campus without a documented log, shit is really scary.
    I read every link you posted. I was aware of many of the stories but some of the links provided much greater than I had known. I consider myself a centrist, and I'm starting to find the left quite frightening. An example from Canada - we are getting a lot of Haitian asylum seekers here due to changes in laws happening in the states. A CBC story was written about this and as always the comment section on facebook was full of craziness. Someone asked the question, 'why should we be letting so many people into the country' and the general sentiment in response was that if you aren't welcoming absolutely everyone with open arms then you are a racist. It really does feel like if you say anything that questions the left opinion, you are just labeled a racist.

  14. #1264
    I BITE! iNCY's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,129
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    It's happening the world over @nazzer and @Engel, you can't mention in Germany the refugees sexually assaulting white women because it is racist.

    Here in my city in Australia some of the local governments are refusing to acknowledge our National day, which they refer to as invasion day...
    We are also disallowed by the left from having a public dialog on the issue of gay marriage because someone might say something mean and anyone who disagrees is a homophobe.

  15. #1265
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,967
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by nazzer View Post
    I read every link you posted. I was aware of many of the stories but some of the links provided much greater than I had known. I consider myself a centrist, and I'm starting to find the left quite frightening. An example from Canada - we are getting a lot of Haitian asylum seekers here due to changes in laws happening in the states. A CBC story was written about this and as always the comment section on facebook was full of craziness. Someone asked the question, 'why should we be letting so many people into the country' and the general sentiment in response was that if you aren't welcoming absolutely everyone with open arms then you are a racist. It really does feel like if you say anything that questions the left opinion, you are just labeled a racist.
    My issue is, I am a democratic socialist. I am as far left as you get but what I am seeing is political opinion does not matter. In identity politics is post-modernism at it's worst, does not deal in solutions and is more about the people protesting than the people they are protesting for. The US is particular bad given the belief that speech is violence now and violence used against speech is justified with self-defense. This is very dangerous. It will create flashpoint situations where extreme violence takes place not in reaction to a real threat, but to a socially constructed one that presents no real harm. Black bloc protesters in any other part of the world are met with resistance, but in the US we are slowly saying they should be left to do what they want. Look at the bashing Trump got for saying they engaged in violence.

    The fast colleges are supporting violent students is never good either. College is meant to be a place of free expression. It is slowly becoming the opposite. With the repression of expression comes the demand that the material itself be censored. Questioning diversity in education for instance cannot be done, even in a scientific environment right now. The few studies that have done it though, find that diversity is harmful to students when forced though.

    What is really bad though, is these are the conditions that created and lead to the alt-right rising in the first place. Lucifury did a TED talk on this recently. How do liberals expect white males to act when they are told they are the reason the world is so horrible and the alt-right tells them it is ok if you are you born white, male and straight. From there indoctrination is easy when the other side already considers you an enemy because your genetics.




    I am not saying we should not end the hate on campuses, but we need to end systematic discrimination, and not simply move to identity politics. Look at the US. Women have been doing the largest protests ever, while abortion is being banned. While they fight mansplaining, women's health is being classified as non-essential. Clearly this path is not working, but feminists, consider the fights on twitter as more important than the fight against healthcare reform. Black rights groups often get sucked into the same path.

    Compare Campaign Zero to what some of the sectional groups want. Everything listed in Campaign Zero

    https://www.joincampaignzero.org/solutions/

    Now BLM's lists these items:

    http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

    Campaign Zero present clears plans for actions that is about changing the system itself, whereas BLM seems more concerned changing views people have about identity. Campaign Zero also helps everyone, whereas BLM demonizes the white male again. What is odd, is campaign zero is a subset of BLM. Deray and Brittany just realized if you change the narrative slightly, the results are the same, but the movement is far more inclusive. As a result, reading what they want it is hard to find anything wrong with the demands Campaign Zero makes regardless of your race. Also Campaign Zero uses hard facts rather post-modern beliefs to present their case.
    Last edited by Engel; Today at 09:12 AM.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  16. #1266
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,967
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Battle being set up for tonight. Protesters are going to try to pull down Silent Sam at UNC. University has permission to remove it but stalled today despite a "rally" for his removal being planned for tonight. Given these are my people I know damn sure their will be violence between the protesting groups. BLM and Antifa do not get along here, and in general BLM does not get along with the general protesters either. Many activist groups here have a no white girl rule, and we are a womynist area where black feminists broke from mainstream feminism hard. No clue if the Klan or the Black Bloc people will show up but both are active in the region. Nazi Flags are protected speech at UNC, so I assume a right wing black bloc group will be active. Perfect time for it. Students and the black community will he there in force. No clue if the campus republicans are planning to flee or not.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  17. #1267
    Quickdraw McBald nazzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,904
    vCash
    1564
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    It's happening the world over @nazzer and @Engel, you can't mention in Germany the refugees sexually assaulting white women because it is racist.

    Here in my city in Australia some of the local governments are refusing to acknowledge our National day, which they refer to as invasion day...
    We are also disallowed by the left from having a public dialog on the issue of gay marriage because someone might say something mean and anyone who disagrees is a homophobe.
    Behold the power of white guilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Battle being set up for tonight. Protesters are going to try to pull down Silent Sam at UNC. University has permission to remove it but stalled today despite a "rally" for his removal being planned for tonight. Given these are my people I know damn sure their will be violence between the protesting groups. BLM and Antifa do not get along here, and in general BLM does not get along with the general protesters either. Many activist groups here have a no white girl rule, and we are a womynist area where black feminists broke from mainstream feminism hard. No clue if the Klan or the Black Bloc people will show up but both are active in the region. Nazi Flags are protected speech at UNC, so I assume a right wing black bloc group will be active. Perfect time for it. Students and the black community will he there in force. No clue if the campus republicans are planning to flee or not.
    So i watched a video that showed vandals had spray painted the name of a black woman who had been killed by police in 2015 on the statue. I don't get it. Is that supposed to be a way of affirming the racist nature of the statue?

  18. #1268
    Man with a Plan Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,183
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Hopefully we topple the pyramids next.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •