Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    You think mentally ill people should serve in the military?
    If we leave the world of hypothetical, Kristin Beck was awarded a bronze star for her service in seal team six. If she retired after six months later after 20, she would have been on the mission that got Osama. So I do not see the problem here.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you will find the rates of self harm, suicide and risky behavior far higher in those with gender dysphoria.
    And do you question why?

I bet it has nothing to do with the harassment, unfair treatment, and ostracizing those individuals face.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you will find the rates of self harm, suicide and risky behavior far higher in those with gender dysphoria.
    Self harm, suicide attempts and the type of risky behavior you're probably referring to can and should get you removed from the military. Discriminate on behaviors, not status.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it is worth everyone at some point in engages in risky behavior. Was my first area of focus, and that term is so broad it covers everything from driving without a seat belt, having sex without knowing the other person's sexual history, driving in the snow, riding a motocycle, ect.

Given white males of military age make up 70 percent of suicides, half of them involving firearms. For every suicide, there are 25 attempts that fail. By this logic, white men should be barred from service.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Mass producing jeremy. Jerm factory's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'd want somebody in the foxhole with me who can't figure out which bathroom they are supposed to use. Just sayin'.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm factory View Post
    I don't think I'd want somebody in the foxhole with me who can't figure out which bathroom they are supposed to use. Just sayin'.
    Because all trans people just can't figure it out right? I get it. I get jokes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am completely flummoxed at the push to accept people with body dysmorphia, should we celebrate anorexia as well? It's a disorder that requires treatment. I'm not saying they're bad people, just messed up people who need help, not a parade.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm factory View Post
    Speaking as someone who was active, who was in a combat zone and had a trans and gay person in my unit, I had no problems with them next to me because I knew they had my back and could do the job required. That is the ONLY thing that matters.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Mass producing jeremy. Jerm factory's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am completely flummoxed at the push to accept people with body dysmorphia, should we celebrate anorexia as well? It's a disorder that requires treatment. I'm not saying they're bad people, just messed up people who need help, not a parade.
    That is what i'm saying. Just because it's hip and trendy to think everything under the sun should be accepted as normal doesn't mean it's the right move to make. I don't hate trans people at all, but I agree with Incy. They need mental help not a bunch of liberals giving them a thumbs up to everything they want. sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anorexia can be fatal if ignored and left untreated, i'm pretty sure dysmorphia itself can't kill. It can lead to suicide of course but dysmorphia itself isn't fatal in the same way as anorexia. Hell a quick google search has shown me that BDD can lead to anorexia, thus the BDD itself isn't the fatal issue.

If transgender folk want to protect a country that treats them so horribly, more power to them, all people in the military should be applauded for wanting to serve. It takes a little extra something special to defend a country that doesn't widely support your rights.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're fighting a losing battle here, pal. People have a right to feel comfortable in their own skin. The help they get is called gender reassignment surgery. It doesn't hurt anybody and makes them feel right.

Besides, absolutely none of that shit matters when it comes to defending a country. Can they follow orders, point a gun and shoot the bad guys? Yes? Then who cares what they have between their legs? There are straight people that only enlist as an excuse to rape and kill freely. Those people have more right to serve than people, regardless of gender, doing it for the right reasons? Come on, now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    You're fighting a losing battle here, pal. People have a right to feel comfortable in their own skin. The help they get is called gender reassignment surgery. It doesn't hurt anybody and makes them feel right.
    What is the matter with the group think in our society, your statement is massively wrong.
    Being transgendered is wrong, the way anorexia is wrong, the way body integrity disorder is wrong... It is a mental condition causing people to wish to damage their bodies.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/5683/3...iro#exit-modal

We don't help people when we re-enforce their disease, we don't tell schizophrenic people that the voices are real and valid.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what to say, man. Being trans is not wrong and gender nonconformity is not a mental disorder. It's a shame people still share your mentality, as it leads to transgender people being unjustly demonized and discriminated against.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what to say, man. Being trans is not wrong and gender nonconformity is not a mental disorder. It's a shame people still share your mentality, as it leads to transgender people being unjustly demonized and discriminated against.
    But they are just doing it to help them. Remember! Caring too much for them is their only crime.

Nah but seriously I have no idea what is or isn't a mental disorder. I can kind of see where Incy is getting the mental disorder idea from though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to cut your leg off, you would be locked up and medicated.
    If you want to cut off your penis, you are inspirational and a hero.

It's society conditioning that we see it as a good and empowering thing. I have no idea how the TI got added to the LGB label.
    Sexual attraction and self mutilation are different things.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reassignment surgery is not mutilation. It's a proper medical procedure. Times change and societal norms change along with them. Not that long ago, black folks were 3/5 of a human being and gays were jailed. People having the right to chose what gender they feel they are is simply the next step.

Besides, it still has nothing to do with them fighting in the armed forces. 15,000 are active now and nobody noticed or cared.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reassignment surgery is not mutilation. It's a proper medical procedure. Times change and societal norms change along with them. Not that long ago, black folks were 3/5 of a human being and gays were jailed. People having the right to chose what gender they feel they are is simply the next step.

Besides, it still has nothing to do with them fighting in the armed forces. 15,000 are active now and nobody noticed or cared.

When "feelings" count as science I will agree with you.
    So what is the difference between mutilation and a proper medical procedure? The fact that it is done in a hospital?
    Female circumcision is rightly illegal for all women in most civilised countries as it is barbaric mutilation whether it is on a child or consenting adult.
    But people will stand around and clap as your dick is cut off... The world has gone mad.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female circumcision is barbaric, it's not exactly something women request to have done to themselves either. Sex change operations and the like are different.

The main point is being strayed from anyway. There's really nothing wrong with trans people wanting to be in the armed forces. If they love their country so much they want to defend it, why shouldn't they. You're really going to sit there and insinuate that trans people would be the worst/most dangerous/riskiest people that have ever joined the army?

I highly doubt that when someone is being rescued from a burning building, saved by a police officer or helped by a doctor, the thought on their mind is "Are you transexual"

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Thread Information