Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

  1. #1001
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,671
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Spicer took the fall finally. He is out as press secretary. I liked him. You kind of knew what to expect from him. He was out there to do a job and he did it even if it made him look stupid and endured the exceptional amounts of abuse team Trump threw his way. The whole Pope visit was really fucked up.

    Curious who will be heading up the next post and if they will allow recording again. Also curious if they go more aggressive now. Seems Trump wanted Spicer to go harder on shutting down the press, not softer.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  2. #1002
    Senior Member SensesFailed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,887
    vCash
    2178
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Curious who will be heading up the next post and if they will allow recording again. Also curious if they go more aggressive now. Seems Trump wanted Spicer to go harder on shutting down the press, not softer.
    You would think that someone that might he might actually listen to and maybe take their advice would tell him and explain to him how bad of an idea that would be... or maybe they have and he is dumber than I actually thought... which, would actually shock me, because I didn't think that opinion could go any lower.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

    And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

  3. #1003
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,671
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Who's the president?
    Can be smug all you want but with approval ratings so low, 18 months and Democrats can take both houses. Two months left to pass the healthcare bill and the tax reform before recess and primary campaigning starts. Also Supreme Court will be reviewing partisan gerrymandering, which if Kennedy does side with the notion districts can be formed without partisanship, will lock the GOP out of power in many states they now hold. Given computers can divide states easily into fair districts, the notion that it is impossible to remove partisan based districts will come to an end sooner or later.

    Makes no doubt about it, kill Gerrymandering and the GOP loses much of it's powerbase. REDMAP is the only thing keeping the party alive now, and if that falls, then the party falls with it.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  4. #1004
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,525
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Spicer took the fall finally. He is out as press secretary. I liked him. You kind of knew what to expect from him. He was out there to do a job and he did it even if it made him look stupid and endured the exceptional amounts of abuse team Trump threw his way. The whole Pope visit was really fucked up.

    Curious who will be heading up the next post and if they will allow recording again. Also curious if they go more aggressive now. Seems Trump wanted Spicer to go harder on shutting down the press, not softer.
    Nope. Sean Spicer is fully complicit and aware of everything this administration and its supporters are about. He knew what this was and he walked every step of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  5. #1005
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,672
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Can be smug all you want but with approval ratings so low, 18 months and Democrats can take both houses. Two months left to pass the healthcare bill and the tax reform before recess and primary campaigning starts. Also Supreme Court will be reviewing partisan gerrymandering, which if Kennedy does side with the notion districts can be formed without partisanship, will lock the GOP out of power in many states they now hold. Given computers can divide states easily into fair districts, the notion that it is impossible to remove partisan based districts will come to an end sooner or later.

    Makes no doubt about it, kill Gerrymandering and the GOP loses much of it's powerbase. REDMAP is the only thing keeping the party alive now, and if that falls, then the party falls with it.
    Approval ratings as per what source? The same places that Hillary was supposed to win Presidency? It's not smug, it's facts.

  6. #1006
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,671
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Hillary won the popular vote. And any source you look at that is not using alternative facts has Trump at historically low approval ratings and very high disapproval ratings. If the Supreme court upholds Wisconsin's ruling, partisan districting is over and all of the REDMAP'ed districts will have to be redone. Before REDMAP democrats had 60 in the senate and 60 percent of the house as well. Also before REDMAP they help the house for 50 years and the Senate for 40 years. While GOP people may be smug, history is against them and the sole way they retook power nationally was gerrymandering.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  7. #1007
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,029
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Hillary won the popular vote. And any source you look at that is not using alternative facts has Trump at historically low approval ratings and very high disapproval ratings. If the Supreme court upholds Wisconsin's ruling, partisan districting is over and all of the REDMAP'ed districts will have to be redone. Before REDMAP democrats had 60 in the senate and 60 percent of the house as well. Also before REDMAP they help the house for 50 years and the Senate for 40 years. While GOP people may be smug, history is against them and the sole way they retook power nationally was gerrymandering.

    LOL how do you think the Democrats held on to power so long? All the Republicans did was copy the Democratic playbook.

  8. #1008
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,671
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Well, Dems are no saints for sure either. The classic example IMO is filibustering the Civil Rights Act. Southern Republicans did not like it either, but they seemed to gladly let the democrats be the ones fighting it.

    That said, things changed a lot in the last 30 years, and neither party is the same anymore. The danger is that the GOP is more malleable right now to lobbies who fight for corporate rights and tax cuts on the extremely rich. Dems are not saints here either, but the groups who target the GOP tend to fight for things that hurt the American people directly.

    But the Democrats did not win power in the south due to gerrymandering. They won the South through old fashion racism. As we remove the confederate flags, liberals are trying to cover up the confederate flag was a democratic symbol. It represented a firm believe in Jeffersonian Democracy, complete with slavery, segregation, white first attitudes and everything we assume was tied into conservative beliefs. But it was not until Nixon break these people away from their support of their party that the white South started to vote Republican. This is when the paradox occurs and democrats become more liberal and GOP becomes conservative. The change was cemented with Reagan when he took the South.

    Really makes me upset to see the confederate and confederate statues all go, as we are covering up history because college liberals are not comfortable with their political parties and historical leaders being racist assholes if judged by today's standards. It is working well know Lincoln was Republican, but do not believe the Democrats supported slavery, segregation and opposed women's rights.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  9. #1009
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,817
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Umm LBJ is the reason the South left the Democrats. Nixon was the rewarded person in that, but a Democratic President turning on the South and championing multiple civil rights bills is what cost Democrats the South.

    Democrats moved to the right side of history and Republicans benefited in the late 60's, just like Democrats benefited from being Dixiecrats before that.

  10. #1010
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,671
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    LBJ drove them away from Democrats, but Nixon was the one who embraced them. LBJ just made them want to return to Dixiecrats.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •