Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Spicer took the fall finally. He is out as press secretary. I liked him. You kind of knew what to expect from him. He was out there to do a job and he did it even if it made him look stupid and endured the exceptional amounts of abuse team Trump threw his way. The whole Pope visit was really fucked up.

Curious who will be heading up the next post and if they will allow recording again. Also curious if they go more aggressive now. Seems Trump wanted Spicer to go harder on shutting down the press, not softer.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Curious who will be heading up the next post and if they will allow recording again. Also curious if they go more aggressive now. Seems Trump wanted Spicer to go harder on shutting down the press, not softer.
    You would think that someone that might he might actually listen to and maybe take their advice would tell him and explain to him how bad of an idea that would be... or maybe they have and he is dumber than I actually thought... which, would actually shock me, because I didn't think that opinion could go any lower.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Who's the president?
    Can be smug all you want but with approval ratings so low, 18 months and Democrats can take both houses. Two months left to pass the healthcare bill and the tax reform before recess and primary campaigning starts. Also Supreme Court will be reviewing partisan gerrymandering, which if Kennedy does side with the notion districts can be formed without partisanship, will lock the GOP out of power in many states they now hold. Given computers can divide states easily into fair districts, the notion that it is impossible to remove partisan based districts will come to an end sooner or later.

Makes no doubt about it, kill Gerrymandering and the GOP loses much of it's powerbase. REDMAP is the only thing keeping the party alive now, and if that falls, then the party falls with it.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spicer took the fall finally. He is out as press secretary. I liked him. You kind of knew what to expect from him. He was out there to do a job and he did it even if it made him look stupid and endured the exceptional amounts of abuse team Trump threw his way. The whole Pope visit was really fucked up.

Nope. Sean Spicer is fully complicit and aware of everything this administration and its supporters are about. He knew what this was and he walked every step of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can be smug all you want but with approval ratings so low, 18 months and Democrats can take both houses. Two months left to pass the healthcare bill and the tax reform before recess and primary campaigning starts. Also Supreme Court will be reviewing partisan gerrymandering, which if Kennedy does side with the notion districts can be formed without partisanship, will lock the GOP out of power in many states they now hold. Given computers can divide states easily into fair districts, the notion that it is impossible to remove partisan based districts will come to an end sooner or later.

Makes no doubt about it, kill Gerrymandering and the GOP loses much of it's powerbase. REDMAP is the only thing keeping the party alive now, and if that falls, then the party falls with it.
    Approval ratings as per what source? The same places that Hillary was supposed to win Presidency? It's not smug, it's facts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary won the popular vote. And any source you look at that is not using alternative facts has Trump at historically low approval ratings and very high disapproval ratings. If the Supreme court upholds Wisconsin's ruling, partisan districting is over and all of the REDMAP'ed districts will have to be redone. Before REDMAP democrats had 60 in the senate and 60 percent of the house as well. Also before REDMAP they help the house for 50 years and the Senate for 40 years. While GOP people may be smug, history is against them and the sole way they retook power nationally was gerrymandering.

@Foos

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary won the popular vote. And any source you look at that is not using alternative facts has Trump at historically low approval ratings and very high disapproval ratings. If the Supreme court upholds Wisconsin's ruling, partisan districting is over and all of the REDMAP'ed districts will have to be redone. Before REDMAP democrats had 60 in the senate and 60 percent of the house as well. Also before REDMAP they help the house for 50 years and the Senate for 40 years. While GOP people may be smug, history is against them and the sole way they retook power nationally was gerrymandering.

LOL how do you think the Democrats held on to power so long? All the Republicans did was copy the Democratic playbook.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Dems are no saints for sure either. The classic example IMO is filibustering the Civil Rights Act. Southern Republicans did not like it either, but they seemed to gladly let the democrats be the ones fighting it.

That said, things changed a lot in the last 30 years, and neither party is the same anymore. The danger is that the GOP is more malleable right now to lobbies who fight for corporate rights and tax cuts on the extremely rich. Dems are not saints here either, but the groups who target the GOP tend to fight for things that hurt the American people directly.

But the Democrats did not win power in the south due to gerrymandering. They won the South through old fashion racism. As we remove the confederate flags, liberals are trying to cover up the confederate flag was a democratic symbol. It represented a firm believe in Jeffersonian Democracy, complete with slavery, segregation, white first attitudes and everything we assume was tied into conservative beliefs. But it was not until Nixon break these people away from their support of their party that the white South started to vote Republican. This is when the paradox occurs and democrats become more liberal and GOP becomes conservative. The change was cemented with Reagan when he took the South.

Really makes me upset to see the confederate and confederate statues all go, as we are covering up history because college liberals are not comfortable with their political parties and historical leaders being racist assholes if judged by today's standards. It is working well know Lincoln was Republican, but do not believe the Democrats supported slavery, segregation and opposed women's rights.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm LBJ is the reason the South left the Democrats. Nixon was the rewarded person in that, but a Democratic President turning on the South and championing multiple civil rights bills is what cost Democrats the South.

Democrats moved to the right side of history and Republicans benefited in the late 60's, just like Democrats benefited from being Dixiecrats before that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBJ drove them away from Democrats, but Nixon was the one who embraced them. LBJ just made them want to return to Dixiecrats.

@Foos

Thread Information