Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

...waiting news on trumps impeachment... get rid of this piece of shit already...

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump - "Islam is the problem and Saudis are supporting ISIS"
    Saudi King - "Here, take this 110 Billion dollars"
    Trump - "Allahu Akbar, long live Saudi Arabia"

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Also 25% in food stamps. I suppose it's worth it in the end because it resulted in wiping the smug look off those liberals when he won. #Victory
    Totally fucking worth it, though.

Plus, I've been an advocate for everything Trumps doing. The Medicaid fraud was out of control and finally someone is putting a stop to it. Obviously, as a human being, I feel for the ones who don't deserve to suffer that will due to the new health bill. Still, I'll take this over anything Hillary was going to bring to the table. Last thing I could stand living through was another 4-8 years of Obamas shit, Hillary version.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But nothing Trump has suggested solves Medicaid fraud, which is always the purview of the states to deal with...

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what helps prevent Medicaid fraud? Taking Medicaid away.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Totally fucking worth it, though.

Plus, I've been an advocate for everything Trumps doing. The Medicaid fraud was out of control and finally someone is putting a stop to it. Obviously, as a human being, I feel for the ones who don't deserve to suffer that will due to the new health bill. Still, I'll take this over anything Hillary was going to bring to the table. Last thing I could stand living through was another 4-8 years of Obamas shit, Hillary version.
    No, you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I do.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medicaid fraud is a thing but it's also going to hurt a lot of people who don't abuse the system and actually need it to get by, what do you say to those folks who are going to get properly hurt by this?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's a perfect solution, hurt a ton of people to get a few fraudulent people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what else taking Medicaid prevents? Helping those who actually need it, but fuck them right?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if anyone thinks that doing away with Medicaid will stop people from taking advantage of the government, you're wrong. They will just find new ways.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I do.
    ...no you don't... you are a troll and to seriously believe trump can do no wrong is nonsense... trump is the biggest piece of trash that is president... can we just impeach this moron trump?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Well that's a perfect solution, hurt a ton of people to get a few fraudulent people.
    "Few" is the key phrase. When it comes to people abusing any government system; the amount is always microscopic in relation to the amount of people that don't abuse it. And keep in mind; the people who DO abuse it; DO get caught. They always get caught.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people receiving medicaid cannot abuse it. Medicaid is not money it is a payment waiver on medical supplies to an individual arranged between the suppliers and the government. The people who abuse it are doctors and medical suppliers, and politicians with connections to medical suppliers. If they want to stop medicaid fraud then they need to look at how the government reimburses medical suppliers. People who receive medicaid are not part of the abuse...

Oh well, GOP math as always will prevail. The US will spend more money investigating fraud than we lose from fraud and cutting medicaid just increases costs of healthcare paid for by taxpayers. When less people repay medical debt the free market dictates that prices will raise for those do to compensate.
    Last edited by Engel; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    "Few" is the key phrase. When it comes to people abusing any government system; the amount is always microscopic in relation to the amount of people that don't abuse it. And keep in mind; the people who DO abuse it; DO get caught. They always get caught.
    I wouldn't say they always get caught, but many do. And you're right, I always have this argument with people in my family over this (most of my in-laws are hardcore conservatives). Always the same thing when they're not ranting about immigrants and First Nations peoples getting "free everything," they're ranting about all the people they see abusing the healthcare system.

Where the fuck are these people? I never see them. And every statistic I pull up is always less than 5%, yet somehow "FUCKIN HALF THE DAMN COUNTRY IS STEALIN MEDICINE FUCKING IMMIGRANTS AND NATIVES AND FUCKIN WELFARE FUCKIN FUCK"

One of the biggest, loudest, most idiotic nonsense ranters in my family is my wife's uncle, yet he was off work for nearly a decade because of a car accident. Yet somehow he could still afford a nice house in Edmonton, a new truck, two horses, a horse trailer, he renovated his house (while doing some of the work himself)...

I hate my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    The people receiving medicaid cannot abuse it. Medicaid is not money it is a payment waiver on medical supplies to an individual arranged between the suppliers and the government. The people who abuse it are doctors and medical suppliers, and politicians with connections to medical suppliers. If they want to stop medicaid fraud then they need to look at how the government reimburses medical suppliers. People who receive medicaid are not part of the abuse...

Oh well, GOP math as always will prevail. The US will spend more money investigating fraud than we lose from fraud and cutting medicaid just increases costs of healthcare paid for by taxpayers. When less people repay medical debt the free market dictates that prices will raise for those do to compensate.
    I was going to ask this. I don't understand how Joe Blow from Alamo can defraud medicare while tied to an oxygen tank in his house and getting dialysis 3 times a week.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I wouldn't say they always get caught, but many do. And you're right, I always have this argument with people in my family over this (most of my in-laws are hardcore conservatives). Always the same thing when they're not ranting about immigrants and First Nations peoples getting "free everything," they're ranting about all the people they see abusing the healthcare system.

Where the fuck are these people? I never see them. And every statistic I pull up is always less than 5%, yet somehow "FUCKIN HALF THE DAMN COUNTRY IS STEALIN MEDICINE FUCKING IMMIGRANTS AND NATIVES AND FUCKIN WELFARE FUCKIN FUCK"

I hate my family.

I was going to ask this. I don't understand how Joe Blow from Alamo can defraud medicare while tied to an oxygen tank in his house and getting dialysis 3 times a week.
    Easy; he gets the deluxe oxygen tax with extra air when he only needs a little more air than average.

Always probably was too absolute of a word but whether the person is caught immediately or years later (we actually have multiple divisions who look explicitly in to these matters in the Federal department I work); they're eventually caught. The stuff in regards to First Nation individuals is insane since most of the people complaining about them know next to nothing about what they're actually upset about.

One of the most crucial paragraphs from the CBO assessment:
    People who are less healthy (including those with preexisting or newly acquired medical conditions) would ultimately be unable to purchase comprehensive nongroup health insurance at premiums comparable to those under current law, if they could purchase it at all — despite the additional funding that would be available under H.R. 1628 to help reduce premiums. As a result, the nongroup markets in those states would become unstable for people with higher-than-average expected health care costs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medicaid fraud is actually even worse than marking up stuff. It is billing for services not rendered. So instead of marking down a dentist did a normal cleaning, they mark down they did a scale and plan, a procedure that costs 10 times as much. Charts often get changed with more expensive procedures and medications being placed in than what is actually done. In many cases patients are charged for visits that never happened, once the medicaid number was obtained, it just got rebilled. This is why millions of dollars are spent to treat the deceased.

Another popular method is keeping people in the hospital for the maximum amount of time medicaid will pay, instead of discharging when the patient is well. Changing medication the last day is used to extend stays, so some psych hospitals give meds they know are not effective first, then change to extend the stay to more effective ones. Finally there is the fake sales of equipment that was not actually used. So that guy with the oxygen would go home without it but medicaid still pays for it. Or a person goes home with an old wheelchair while being billed for a powered scooter.

The worse is some services like braces, eyeglasses, some surgery options (weight loss surgery is very popular), dialysis ect, are given to people who do not benefit from them or cheaper, more effective options exist but patients are not informed of. A subset of these people will be harmed by the procedures.

States log medicaid fraud so you can read up on what they found. I was supposed to go to a program last month for psych shit and when I googled the addressed the first thing that came up was fraud. I found the nurses were changing the charts, classifying people as violent to convert out patients to inpatients and max out their stays while milking medicaid. They would shoot the patients up with benzos and let them sit in their rooms drugged up, while charging them for therapy sessions and doctor consultations that did not occur.

Pew investigated medicaid fraud all in 2013:

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research...-welfare-fraud

It is providers who defraud medicaid not patients. The costs of policing patients increases the cost of medicaid as patients rarely abuse medicaid and in a lot of cases errors are made denying patients benefits that fraud protection corrects.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People fraudulently use Medicaid by lying about income levels to make themselves eligible or don't report income changes as required that might make them ineligible. Systems don't work together so that income is reported to everyone that needs it and subsequently most states require self-reporting on an honor system with reviews only coming once per year.

That's the popular people abusing Medicaid thing that states have attacked lately. How successful cutting Medicaid budget will be at stopping this would seem minimal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are reviewed federally. When I went back to work a few years ago I gave my contract to social security and medicaid which reported my income for the following two years with my monthly payments. I figured that was good enough and did not really read more into what I was supposed to do. Ended up getting money more longer than I was supposed to, and being covered longer than I should have been. When I relapsed and ended up disabled again, a year after I stopped working I got a notice that either I needed to pay back my benefits for the months I was not supposed to have them, or they would withhold x amount of months of my social security disability until it was evened out. Also I got the fraud letters, which stated if I flagged again during the repayment, or for medicaid in particular I think for three years it is a lifetime ban. I got the warnings removed from my file by explaining the issues and from my paperwork receipt when I gave my contract, but I did repay essentially every cent I was given. If I had tax returns they would have been withheld as well on the state and federal level. Since I am still trying to finish school I also been flagged when financial aid comes in to my bank account during the weird reimbursement before billing phase UNC has. This you just need to spend down, which was done when the bill came in.

You can lie, but unless it is undocumented work, which is not technically legal, you get caught during audits.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that they aren't all watched federally and that getting caught in an audit isn't something that catches everyone. I can say this for three reasons: A) I personally know and am friends with people that authorize Medicaid eligibility, B) My daughter was on Medicaid longer than she was eligible with no repercussion and C) There are several states taking on new policies like Ohio to try to improve their fraud monitoring.

I'd assume you are more likely just unlucky in getting busted in a Federal Audit that pulled 5% of all files statewide than that your state gets the Feds to do the work that most other states take on independently.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it is easier to cheat on a statewide level. SSI uses tax records to check the numbers, whereas many state systems cannot automatically check the IRS records systematically. Some regions do it, but not many. I know in NC there is an issue with different counties using different recording systems that they are trying to fix now to be stronger on fraud. But in doing so, a lot of people are losing benefits as case workers are now overworked moving things to the new system. I know right now I am arguing with a supervisor on why my doctor cannot be my primary care provider because my case worker claims she does not exist, regional registers the NPI number, but my county office does not. So states are ripe for fraud as we do not properly fund them to start with, they are running undermanned on old tech and at this rate, will continue to be years behind processing basic paperwork, let alone dealing with widespread price gorging that the medicial industry makes commonplace.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, and I'll say it repeatedly, cutting Medicaid funding doesn't solve these cases of fraud because these people are lying to get to where they need to be. Eliminating Medicaid completely is the only way to stop or cut intentional Medicaid fraud.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would rather MANY people suffer, rather than a few people take advantage? What an insane point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...he's a trump loving troll if trump said jump off a bridge... he would...

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokMike View Post
    You would rather MANY people suffer, rather than a few people take advantage? What an insane point of view.
    But he said feels for them. Which is a lie, because he doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Thread Information