Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

To be fair, if you lie and then retract it's a lie.
    If you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes a version of the truth.
    If the ends justify the means, then it becomes truth.

The truth about the truth is that nobody cares for it.
    WMD, is the outrage still burning? Nope
    American dropped two nukes on civilians, do we care? Nah, in fact it was humane as it ended the war early.
    Do we care that the West armed the Taliban, Iraq and ISIS... Nah, it's all good.

Welcome to 2017

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it turns out that the classified information was from Israel and puts some of their people at risk. Maybe Trump may want to rethink his trip before we lose an ally entirely.

GOP is now in a very weird place after the decade of screaming about Hillary possibly allowing info to leak. Also there is talk that the GOP is getting increasingly frustrated in Trump. Trump is heading for impeachment if even a small minority of the GOP will be willing to toss him to the wolves to try to save their seats. Dems are expected to take the House and maybe the Senate in midterms, and rumor has it that to pass the healthcare bill the senate may kill the filibuster as well.
    Last edited by Engel; 05-16-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comey says Trump asked him to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn. That's directly interfering with an FBI investigation.

Meanwhile his supporters are deflecting by only talking about the Seth Rich murder. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump starts tweeting about that as a way to draw attention elsewhere.

I'm at the point now where I feel nothing when the Trump administration does something stupid/illegal/etc and just want to see what the next thing is going to be. It's weird living in a point in history that will be referenced long after we're dead.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think that Trump is now cooked, how long has it been and he keeps digging himself massive holes!
    The GOP is going to have to turn on him before he damages the US and the Republican party for a generation.

I find it simply breath taking the way they carefully construct a reasonable cover for Trump and then without warning he throws his entire staff under a bus with a handful of tweets. He is going to have not a friend left shortly.
    The man is too stupid for public office, he's the kind of guy that will see a sign saying wet paint and touch it... He is infinitely more stupid than George W... Just think about that for a minute.

He could have done some great things, but he would rather win a petty argument than win even a single battle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other thing that is really funny about this whole situation ... none of this should actually be surprising to anyone but his own supporters. And even they had to have known on some level.

With that said; I do find it hilarious that Putin has come to Trump's defence.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    I actually think that Trump is now cooked, how long has it been and he keeps digging himself massive holes!
    The GOP is going to have to turn on him before he damages the US and the Republican party for a generation.

I find it simply breath taking the way they carefully construct a reasonable cover for Trump and then without warning he throws his entire staff under a bus with a handful of tweets. He is going to have not a friend left shortly.
    The man is too stupid for public office, he's the kind of guy that will see a sign saying wet paint and touch it... He is infinitely more stupid than George W... Just think about that for a minute.

He could have done some great things, but he would rather win a petty argument than win even a single battle.
    I don't think Trump is cooked by any means. The GOP still has the House and the Senate and will ensure that whatever conservative legislation they want to put through gets through, because Trump supporters will trust him implicitly over literally anyone and anything. Senate Republicans can be silently complicit and/or openly support Trump and nothing will happen. Congressional Republicans like Justin Amash and others can play lip service to the idea of an independent investigation, but in the end, this is still a team sport, and they will stick with their side.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    The other thing that is really funny about this whole situation ... none of this should actually be surprising to anyone but his own supporters. And even they had to have known on some level.

With that said; I do find it hilarious that Putin has come to Trump's defence.
    His supporters love seeing the media and so-called RINOs upset over Trump fighting the liberal fake news media.

As far as Putin goes...he has himself the most useful idiot of useful idiots. Of course he's going to defend him.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trumps son just confirmed on Twitter that Trump basically did ask Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

What a bunch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    I don't think Trump is cooked by any means. The GOP still has the House and the Senate and will ensure that whatever conservative legislation they want to put through gets through, because Trump supporters will trust him implicitly over literally anyone and anything. Senate Republicans can be silently complicit and/or openly support Trump and nothing will happen. Congressional Republicans like Justin Amash and others can play lip service to the idea of an independent investigation, but in the end, this is still a team sport, and they will stick with their side.
    Look likes many GOP members are ready to drop him though and take Pence. This week seemed to be the breaking point. I really think it will be a national strategy to drop Trump as part of a 2018 reelection plan. Look at how the press releases this week are changing in tone from support to ambiguity.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Look likes many GOP members are ready to drop him though and take Pence. This week seemed to be the breaking point. I really think it will be a national strategy to drop Trump as part of a 2018 reelection plan. Look at how the press releases this week are changing in tone from support to ambiguity.
    Yes, I agree with this.
    If Trump was one of their own, they would circle the wagons and defend him to the death.... But he's not, an outsider who has put them down at every opportunity and referred to them as part of the swamp.

They literally have nothing to gain and everything to lose by tying their fortunes to him. I wouldnt be surprised if they got some key legislation like tax cuts done in the short term and then stopped supporting him completely in the lead up to an impeachment.

What do we think guys, will they have to impeach and drag him out of the office, or will he resign and blame everything on everyone else?
    I am thinking that it's probably now an 85% chance that he doesn't see out his term.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impeachment call on the House fall today by Al Green. Trump will need total impeachment I think. He literally refuses to accept blame and never has.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impeachment call on the House fall today by Al Green. Trump will need total impeachment I think. He literally refuses to accept blame and never has.

Robert Mueller was placed in charge of the Russia investigation. Trump gonna be hardpressed to bully or dismiss him.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congress members by and large have no spine, there's no way the Republicans will impeach a guy that 80% of their party supports.

If Fox News turns on him I'll start to think about impeachment possibilities. But as long as they're using their flagship show to keep talking about the Clinton Foundation on the day of the Comey memo leaking, the party loyalists will stay with him and that will make it too hard for congressmen and women to do anything.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fox News is starting to go after him.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...president.html

Also Fox is losing viewers this week to MSNBC.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/17/medi...trump-ratings/

Two weeks back I thought impeachment would not succeed, but he keeps making shit worse and you can see the frustrations starting to show from the people who try to back him. He has not even passed the six month mark yet...

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I love WaPo and NYT going back and forth with bombs on this administration, can they give us one day, just one day, to actually process everything and to take it all in.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a difference between a posting on Fox News and Tucker Carlson going after Trump. I'm talking network not web.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    There's a difference between a posting on Fox News and Tucker Carlson going after Trump. I'm talking network not web.
    Which won't happen. Carlson, Hannity and the crew on-air will speak on this administration's behalf every step of the next 8 years.
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, not if the powers that be tell them to stop. I don't think it's hard to believe higher ups will become excited by a Prnce presidency and I've never bought Carlson as a true believer in Trump so much as a shill for whoever is paying him.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tweet from Bill Oakley pretty much sums up my expectations: https://twitter.com/thatbilloakley/s...68621596303360

Obviously anything could happen, and with the media digging as much as they are and the FBI not seeming to be taking any shit, it's possible something could happen to get Trump out of office...but I think that tweet is more likely.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Senators are coming out of the full senate hearing now with Rosenstein. Lindsey Graham says it becoming a criminal investigation. McCaskill was more reserved. The investigation also has an interesting wording in that it covers any future actions Trumps takes to stop it. His advisors are suggesting he brings in his legal team. Trump still sees this as a PR problem. His team seems to be lawyering up in case this goes the way the Whitewater investigation went and ends with a completely different area than where it started.

Meanwhile Trump cancelled an appearance in Israel because he was not allowed to land his Copter near Masada due to concerns of damaging the holy site.

Rosenstein is going to prove a real issue for Trump as Sessions had to relieve himself and Rosenstein nearly resigned over the way Trump handled the Comey firing. Even if this goes away, now anything related to investigating the White House of wrong doing Sessions may be out of. What is more interesting is his area of expertise is white collar and organized crime.
    Last edited by Engel; 05-18-2017 at 03:47 PM.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$800 Billion medicaid cuts. LOL.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There will be no cuts to medicaid." - Donald Trump, while campaigning.

I'd laugh in the faces of the people that voted for him if they weren't so fucking stupid and actually learned from this.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    "There will be no cuts to medicaid." - Donald Trump, while campaigning.

I'd laugh in the faces of the people that voted for him if they weren't so fucking stupid and actually learned from this.
    It's not about learning. It's about the fact that the people that voted for Donald Trump are fine with Medicaid being cut, because they it will hurt "THEM".

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It's not about learning. It's about the fact that the people that voted for Donald Trump are fine with Medicaid being cut, because they it will hurt "THEM".
    Won't it hurt many of his supporters to? I'm not super familiar with medicaid, I just thought it was for old people in general.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also 25% in food stamps. I suppose it's worth it in the end because it resulted in wiping the smug look off those liberals when he won. #Victory

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Won't it hurt many of his supporters to? I'm not super familiar with medicaid, I just thought it was for old people in general.
    It is for those with low income, the disabled and the elderly. If this cut goes through, I will lose my benefits odds are and then run out of medication and the ability to get more. After that, maybe a week until I would kill myself.

Trumps supporters benefit the most from medicaid, but when you call it Obamacare, they will rally to cut their own benefits not realizing what they are doing.

This is literally a death panel for people like me.

@Foos

Thread Information