Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

I've read before that the FBI hates two things: stairs and surprises. If it's true that nobody knew Comey was being fired (and from all reports that seems to be the case) then they're ramping this investigation up to 11.

It seems to me like Comey fully expected to be fired right away, then when he wasn't, he went all-in on Russia knowing the hammer would come down eventually. Trump just helped the investigation more than hindered it. He's such a fool.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I've read before that the FBI hates two things: stairs and surprises. If it's true that nobody knew Comey was being fired (and from all reports that seems to be the case) then they're ramping this investigation up to 11.

It seems to me like Comey fully expected to be fired right away, then when he wasn't, he went all-in on Russia knowing the hammer would come down eventually. Trump just helped the investigation more than hindered it. He's such a fool.
    Why do they hate stairs?

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump met with the Russian ambassador today, blocked US media from attending/documenting it but allowed a Russian state media outlet access.

Wow.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant. View Post
    It's a deal breaker for me because I remember him saying that insurance companies would still cover pre-existing conditions, and this is the exact opposite of that. He also said he would get rid of the state lines so that carriers would have to compete with one another in terms of pricing. This isn't what I expected from him.
    He promised one of his groupies that actually use to write/print cd's with folk songs about Trump that he would set up addiction centers to help those with heroin addictions because the guy lost his only son to a heroin overdose. Do you really think for a second he was going to follow through with it? Now that guy is upset and feels like he wasted his time. I feel sorry for the guy because I am just sympathetic like that. He is lonely and placed his faith/found companionship on the Trump tour. He is just incredibly naive. Here is the thing about the health care that gripes me. They love to talk about Obamacare being such a disaster(although everything that is wrong with it was originally pushed by the GOP)yet they think everyone forgot what it was like prior to the ACA. Their big motto is repeal and replace. Replace? Why replace? According to the GOP, the system was fine as it was in 2012. That's what you said then. If you feel the need to replace ACA, then the ACA must have been an improvement, right?
    They will never admit that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of whether it was a good idea or not, the timing of this, with reports of Comey wanting to expand the probe and Trump meeting Lavrov and the Ambassador today, really doesn't give the best optics. It's hard to say this has no ulterior motive with everything we know, suspect and then with these couple of things coming to light.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now it comes to light the Deputy AG threatened to resign after the White House tried to pin the blame on him for Comey's firing.

Just when you think the Trump White House is calming down, to a degree.

Seriously, if this sort of thing was happening in any other country, America would be calling on that government to begin democratic reforms and get it's house in order.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless they're like subservient parents and decide to give in when Trump has one of his childish tantrums (something I'm not sure any other president has ever tried), ain't gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    So Donald Trump is about to help do something that many people, including Tupac Shakur, always wished for....

.... Get PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

Once he does that, all you haters can go try and lick your own testicle when talking bad about him.
    So what's his plan? Bomb the area until there are no more people left?

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Comey still testify today or what?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course not. Andrew McCabe took his place. His story and the White House stories do not match though. FBI still publically on the Russia probe. Privately, who knows.

Dems are talking impeachment but they will need the House for that, something still very unlikely in 2018. They are very unlikely to get a supermajority of votes in the Senate either, which then makes impeachment just a waste of money and time. Then again, the party could toss Trump to the wolves to save face and get more stability under Pence.
    Last edited by Engel; 05-11-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that I think probably should be worth pointing out now. If the current situation follows the pattern of Nixon's Watergate; Trump should begin to see more and more conservative support. To quote a really nice article that I read that touched on the parallels:
    That’s because the Watergate affair turned conservative skeptics of Richard Nixon into hardcore supporters, drawing out the immediate crisis and deepening divisions in the long term. Conservatives at the time refashioned the scandal into a tale of Democratic hypocrisy and media hostility — a narrative that many Republicans have adopted once again to explain away the emerging Trump scandals.

In perhaps the boldest stroke of all, when the evidence of Nixon’s wrongdoing became undeniable, the right attributed the president’s crimes to the growing institutional power of the presidency — making Watergate, in a sense, a “liberal” scandal after all.

Until the very end, Watergate gave Nixon a stature on the right that he had previously lacked. And even after Nixon’s resignation, the right never quite accepted the liberal narrative of the impeachment as a heroic moment for investigative journalism and a cleansing moment for American politics. All of which suggests that, at least for now, the Comey firing could help Trump consolidate his support among conservatives and Republicans, the very people who have the power to hold him accountable.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was journalism that took Nixon down in the end and I'm sure that's why Trump coined the phrase "fake news" almost immediately.

I don't think impeachment is as realistic as people think. The GOP fell into line well before Comey got fired, the media is their enemy and they've built an army of supporters to back that up, and they control the house. The only way impeachment even becomes somewhat realistic is if the Dems take back the house in 2018 and from all accounts even that looks like it might be hard to do.

Trump will be President until 2020 at least. The FBI will hopefully keep doing its job and the only thing America can really hope for is that the damage isn't too extensive when Trump finally leaves office.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impeachment all rides on one thing. Will Republicans in Congress fair better or worse in 2018 and can Trump win 2020. The second either becomes no, he is out. Two Supreme Court seats are up for grabs with a weakened filibuster. If Congress will not hold a senate majority, then Dems can lock a vote until 2020, where they will replace the seats of Kennedy and Ginsburg with two young hardcore liberals if they have control. Trump's power will after seven years, but if they toss two 30 year old liberals on the court, that power could last 50 years.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well looks like getting rid of Comey will shut down those stories about Russian hackers after all...

Oh wait...

This has been a long time coming really. Ransonware has been an ignored problem for years now. Nasty shit as it literally is pay or the computer's information self-destructs. Really glad I kept my PCs updated as this will continue to spread until it burns out. Sadly many, many computers are still to be infected if they were on old software or lacked the recent patches.

@Foos

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcript: Interview with Donald Trump

The Economist talks to the President of the United States about economic policy

One last question on trade. Do you think you’ve permanently changed the Republican Party’s position on trade?
    No. Because there’ll always be someone that comes along with another
    idea but it’s not a better idea. We have the better idea. But yeah, I think that
    a lot of the, like for instance today, health care. Very big thing. Very big. And
    it wasn’t two bites of the apple. It was one bite. Somebody set a time limit
    and that was mistake, I said never set a time limit but somebody set a time
    limit. So when they didn’t meet that time limit they said, “We didn’t get it
    there”, well, they shouldn’t have set a time limit.

I...
    words fail me

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spicer may be out next. Kimberly Guilfoyle may replace him. Funny how the people who SPEAK for Trump take the blame for his actions. Reince Priebus and Michael Dubke may also be out. Dubke is the one who needs to fall on the axe here as communication director. But it looks like soon his communication staff is going to be replaced by Fox news people.

I like Spicer, he seems to do his job well of presenting the White House views and most important seems to take responsibility when he fucks up and tries to keep things in perspective, like McCarthy's impersonation. I mean he only can work with what he is given, and when that changes from what he is told to said and what Trump later says, it is not really his fault but the fault of whoever is feeding him information. Given his job is impossible since no one knows what the fuck is going on, and he needs to promote the lying media narrative, he does good with what he has. Given Trump wants him to appear stronger and shut down the media more, he seems to be okay with trying to actually give information versus attack the media.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Spicer is a perfect example of how fucked up and disorganized this administration is. You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Trump thinks he can do whatever he wants and then send Spicer out there to make the media believe Trump is smart and know what he's doing and has a plan and everything is fine. But that isn't realistic at all, and you can't do that kind of spin without answering questions. You also can't do that kind of spin when you're out there talking to the press and the President is posting on twitter completely contradicting everything you're saying.

I don't like Spicer or feel sorry for him but he doesn't seem like he's as malicious as the rest of the administration. He at least tries to make something out of nothing, he's just got no support.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I watched Spicer when he worked for the RNC and not specifically Trump. This is who he is. He's not in a great spot to be sure, but he's a combative guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Sean Spicer is a perfect example of how fucked up and disorganized this administration is. You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Trump thinks he can do whatever he wants and then send Spicer out there to make the media believe Trump is smart and know what he's doing and has a plan and everything is fine. But that isn't realistic at all, and you can't do that kind of spin without answering questions. You also can't do that kind of spin when you're out there talking to the press and the President is posting on twitter completely contradicting everything you're saying.

I don't like Spicer or feel sorry for him but he doesn't seem like he's as malicious as the rest of the administration. He at least tries to make something out of nothing, he's just got no support.
    But the thing is, they're getting away with it all. Trump's word is seen as absolute god-king gospel from his supporters. Sean Spicer is sent out to answer questions, but it's almost ceremonial at this point, because the administration and its supporters can just scream FAKE NEWS and kill any discussion on what the administration is actually doing.

Sean Spicer is there to placate the White House Press Corps and nothing more. The entire endeavor is absurdist at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Trump angling for help/pushing Russia towards N.Korea with his tweet today? I mean, this isn't the first time a N.Korea test missile landed near Russian territory.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump revealed intelligence secrets to Russians in Oval Office: officials

One week.. ONE... where I don't bang my head off a wall over the dumb crap this idiot does
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then shared the nature of it via twitter after making his staff deny it happened. Also we know the origin of the fake news line.

Wonder how many of Trumps supporters would even care at this point if he flew the Russian flag at the white house.

We also pissed off Israel by one of his aids saying the Western Wall was not in Israel. Also the GOP is wanting the Nixon style recordings Trump alluded too and will not deny having.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Then shared the nature of it via twitter after making his staff deny it happened. Also we know the origin of the fake news line.

Wonder how many of Trumps supporters would even care at this point if he flew the Russian flag at the white house.

We also pissed off Israel by one of his aids saying the Western Wall was not in Israel. Also the GOP is wanting the Nixon style recordings Trump alluded too and will not deny having.
    That's the part I find hilarious. It would erase any credibility the White House had ... if they had any at this point.

... but it explains why the American press wasn't allowed into the meeting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that people are once again defending this shows exactly what their true intentions are.

Good job America.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sB View Post
    The fact that people are once again defending this shows exactly what their true intentions are.

Good job America.
    I find it funny because it was initially dismissed as "fake news" until Trump attempted to defend himself for doing it on Twitter (thereby actually confirming it and making everyone denying it in the Oval Office into VERY public liars).

Even funnier given all the noise made by both Republicians and Trump himself about mishandling classified information (for bonus Trump points; like everything else; they're still up on his Twitter).

The other part that is interesting is how it impacts the confidence of American allies in sharing information with America because you KNOW each country (especially the one most directly impacted by this) is having that exact conversation. Especially as this leak literally puts their operatives lives in danger.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-16-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Thread Information