Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Can someone explain to me what is going on with this new healthcare bill?

I'm hearing that things like anxiety and anxiety-related disorders and depression (which I suffer from) will be considered pre-existing conditions and insurance companies won't have to cover them? Is this true? Because if so, I'm going to regret my vote for Trump.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bill may lead to more US deaths than ISIS. What a time to be alive.

... for now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant. View Post

I'm hearing that things like anxiety and anxiety-related disorders and depression (which I suffer from) will be considered pre-existing conditions and insurance companies won't have to cover them? Is this true? Because if so, I'm going to regret my vote for Trump.
    Well... guess you shouldn't have voted for him knowing THIS IS EXACTLY THE GOP WANTED TO DO
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Well... guess you shouldn't have voted for him knowing THIS IS EXACTLY THE GOP WANTED TO DO
    To be fair; all they said was they were going to get rid of the ACA and replace it with something better. They never said what they'd replace it with because there was never any plan. The fact of the matter is: ACA is significantly better than any plan the GOP has put forth and is even significantly better than the version they themselves speak about. Anyone who is surprised by ANYTHING health care related put forth by the GOP really only has themselves to blame; especially since it WILL impact them more.

The fact of the matter though is that it will very likely not pass the Senate since they should realize how bad this is. The House just wanted something to say that they attempted it. I doubt even most of the House Republicans who voted for it actually want it to pass.

Why is this the dealbreaker for you? Is it because it's something that directly impacts you that you took for granted before? Or was it because you didn't actually believe they'd touch your health care?

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you currently have insurance or have insurance through your employer you might end up ok. But if ever you switch you're probably fucked.

I'm also hit with a preexisting condition forever so this sucks but I didn't vote against my economic interests so I have a valid reason to be angry about these choices.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    To be fair; all they said was they were going to get rid of the ACA and replace it with something better. They never said what they'd replace it with because there was never any plan. The fact of the matter is: ACA is significantly better than any plan the GOP has put forth and is even significantly better than the version they themselves speak about. Anyone who is surprised by ANYTHING health care related put forth by the GOP really only has themselves to blame; especially since it WILL impact them more.

The fact of the matter though is that it will very likely not pass the Senate since they should realize how bad this is. The House just wanted something to say that they attempted it. I doubt even most of the House Republicans who voted for it actually want it to pass.

Why is this the dealbreaker for you? Is it because it's something that directly impacts you that you took for granted before? Or was it because you didn't actually believe they'd touch your health care?
    It's a deal breaker for me because I remember him saying that insurance companies would still cover pre-existing conditions, and this is the exact opposite of that. He also said he would get rid of the state lines so that carriers would have to compete with one another in terms of pricing. This isn't what I expected from him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were on the same level as a student council president's promises...

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After doing some research it seems like they said they will cover pre-existing conditions. Why is everyone freaking out then?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After doing some research it seems like they said they will cover pre-existing conditions. Why is everyone freaking out then?
    http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...-existing-con/
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the bill lets states decide whether they have to or not, but states probably aren't going to for the most part.

Republicans keep touting these high risk pools in states to help people with preexisting conditions pay for healthcare, but independ nt analysis seems to think that helps around a quarter of people.

The reality is this - if you want insurance to be cheaper for most, you have to make it expensive or unavailable to the people who are making it expensive: the old and the already ill or you have to subsidize insurance company losses through government money which Obamacare was doing.

At some point though it all comes back to a large group of voters who voted for a guy who really only cared about winning and not about policy and how he now must kowtow to ultra-conservative members of the Republican Party because he likes beating Obamacare more than he likes helping people like you. One of those winning strategies is to lie through his teeth repeatedly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The state can cover them, but it is on their dime, so to do so they will have to massively raise taxes to offset the costs.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    The bill may lead to more US deaths than ISIS. What a time to be alive.

... for now.
    It gets better when you consider how many people are going to lose mental health treatment. I am hoping we can migrate the normal suicides into murder suicides and see psychotic people use their second amendment rights to gun down republican lawmakers.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys must be proud, that your president can`t even write or speak english correctly. His congratulate tweet to Macron is embarrassing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAvenger View Post
    You guys must be proud, that your president can`t even write or speak english correctly. His congratulate tweet to Macron is embarrassing.
    I mean you misused a comma and used incorrect tense in this two sentences. English is hard.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I mean you misused a comma and used incorrect tense in this two sentences. English is hard.
    I am not a native english speaker though. I am still better at english than Trump. Believe me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tweet though. I don't think you're allowed to criticize grammar for that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greatest quality of any great leader if their grammatical ability with the english language in works of 140 characters or less.

@Foos

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel it's worth mentioning at this point that the AHCA has only passed the House; it has yet to be voted on in the Senate and it's not looking too likely it'll get through.

BBC News | Senate Republicans doubtful of American Health Care Act

Other Republicans in the Senate have been outspoken in their doubts about the plan.
    Senator John Barrasso said they would have "lots of amendments".
    "It's close to near impossible," said Orrin Hatch, who as finance committee chairman will play a key role in drafting a Senate bill. He vowed, however, to get it done.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice deleting... Something piece of shit Trump wishes he can do with all the real news... Excuse me fake news stuff...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see Trump's twitter banner last night/this morning? He had his tweet (that lied about Yates) photoshopped into his banner. Fucking man child.

Anyway, Comey got fired.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, Comey got fired
    The timing looks really fishy, but Trump honestly should have gotten rid of him from the jump. The FBI Director has to be someone BOTH Democrat and Republican see as fair minded and impartial. Comey was the exact opposite...NEITHER party saw him as fair minded and impartial.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is he thinking?

Trump is either extremely arrogant...or extremely dumb. You don't fire someone who just testified that they're investigating your campaign. The optics on this look horrible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    The timing looks really fishy, but Trump honestly should have gotten rid of him from the jump. The FBI Director has to be someone BOTH Democrat and Republican see as fair minded and impartial. Comey was the exact opposite...NEITHER party saw him as fair minded and impartial.
    I agree totally. I think everyone was wondering why the fuck he lasted this long. Comey's interference with the election was questionable at the best. Trump will still be investigated as this Russia story will not just go away. Watching the hearing, Comey deserved this for keeping secrets and wiretapping Trumps people then staying mum when everyone thought Trump was insane. Moreso when he did not communicate with the DOJ. Comey will be destroyed when he himself is brought in for grilling. His actions basically harmed both candidates, and really moved nothing forward.

And man Cruz got his ass handed to him. Why they went after her for this is beyond me. She was fired for it, and would have been replaced anyway. Franken was pretty brutal too in his attack against Trump. Detailing out the connections to Russia was damning.

Franken may be one of the stronger candidates to run 2020.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Mr. Comey was addressing a group of F.B.I. employees in Los Angeles when a television in the background flashed the news that he had been fired.

In response, Mr. Comey laughed, saying he thought it was a fairly funny prank.

Then his staff started scurrying around him in the background and told Mr. Comey that he should step into a nearby office.”

DUDE THOUGHT HE WAS BEING PUNK'D.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    It looks even more fishy when you back track and look at this administrations own words in regards to him. The most glaring being back in January where Trump specifically went out of his way to ask him to stay on for six more years.

I mean; there are numerous instances but I don't think that's the best example.

Looks like it's even worse:
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Times
    Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.
    Would also explain the sheer abruptness and the fact that no knew it was happening.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-10-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information