Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It is pretty much true, that same ones​ bitching about people being upset that people protest Trump also spent the last 8 years bitching because a black man was president.

I'm aware you were an Obama supporter before all of the sudden changing your​ stance (not sure if you still hate police and smoke weed on the regular as well), but you change gimmicks on this board more than a WWE wrestler that creative has nothing for. It's part of why I never take much of what you say serious.

At least I know that I'm now racist against my own race.
    Nobody has a gimmick. I became an adult. But yes, I smoke pot still and still finds cops to be douchebags. But when the POTUS chooses thugs and criminals over first responders, then I am going to side with the right side. That being the police in the situation.

The fact you keep mentioning that Obama was a BLACK president shows how liberals can't get over themselves with their bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck Obama was black. He was just a shit president. You keep bringing it up because you have no other way of conversing without being a condescending D-bag.

Anyways, it's weird you've posted here for years and have nothing memorable. I'd rather be the "gimmick poster" then a random.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Nobody has a gimmick. I became an adult. But yes, I smoke pot still and still finds cops to be douchebags. But when the POTUS chooses thugs and criminals over first responders, then I am going to side with the right side. That being the police in the situation.

The fact you keep mentioning that Obama was a BLACK president shows how liberals can't get over themselves with their bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck Obama was black. He was just a shit president. You keep bringing it up because you have no other way of conversing without being a condescending D-bag.

Anyways, it's weird you've posted here for years and have nothing memorable. I'd rather be the "gimmick poster" then a random.

I'm far from a liberal. More independent in political beliefs.

While I've posted her for a long time, and never did anything memorable, that can be equated to not craving attention. I could post outlandish, off the wall, rants and be a flash in the pan and fizzle out in a few years, but I never came to the site to be a memorable poster, just to discuss topics. Sorry I don't crave attention like you, my friend.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit- Trumps the best.
    Last edited by Dat Guy; 04-20-2017 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, edit that. I'm bigger then you.
    Last edited by Dat Guy; 04-20-2017 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    I do take the impact of religion seriously. I was just saying that western intervention has more to do with the problems in the Middle East than any other factor, including religion. I think it's misguided for someone to assume it's all the fault of Islam.

Our foreign policy when it comes to that region is beyond backwards.
    That the different sects of Islam are a significant factor in the problems in the Middle East was my contention. I mean I don't disagree that the history of US intervention in the area has been bad, it isn't like that it would be a peaceful and pleasant place without us.

Madness takes it's toll. EasyRider's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just stick to the thread topics and leave all personal attacks out of it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that include ones the president makes

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do take the impact of religion seriously. I was just saying that western intervention has more to do with the problems in the Middle East than any other factor, including religion. I think it's misguided for someone to assume it's all the fault of Islam.

Our foreign policy when it comes to that region is beyond backwards.
    No doubt that the West has made it worse through a constant picking of sides based on which side seemed the whitest.

My point is that not all ideologies are compatible and all nations need to have a discussion about what their values should be and then not negotiate with minority groups about which ones are optional.
    Sick horror some people's religious views wouldn't fit that criteria.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I privately apologized to Leper for being a douchebag. So I'll gladly go back on topic.

What does everyone think of Trumps weekly address to the US people? I think it's a great idea and something that does not get the praise that it deserves. My whole life I've went through wondering what the president is doing for us. To be honest, it would just be another day of nothing. Another day of saying, "well that's the government". I feel like Trump addressing the people keeps him personable, keeps his face out there in the public (which we can all agree he loves) and makes me and I'm sure many more Americans feel more important. Important enough to know what my president is doing for us.

I know people here will hate Trump no matter what. Even if he got 90+ ISIS members killed and destroyed their underground tunnel. So this may be a naive question. For people who are indifferent to sides, I'm curious what your thoughts are.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's been a weekly address your entire life. You're noticing it now because of social media and your personal fandom of Trump that you didn't have in Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama but it's been happening weekly since 1982.

It's a callback to FDR's radio fireside chats from the 30's, so you have him to congratulate for being cool.
    Last edited by mikec; 04-21-2017 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ever listen to FDR's fireside chats? Super fascinating stuff if you like history.

Here is the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6nYKRLOFWg">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6nYKRLOFWg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Should note that for some reason we believe now that these chats were common, but he only did 30 of them over 11 years.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never heard a thing about any other presidents weekly address. Ever. My bad.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God this is going to be stupid if the government goes through another shut down over Trump's idiotic need for funds for a dumb wall that won't work.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Trump, Kim, Xi & Putin kissed and made up yet?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Trump is willing to risk his political capital on that stupid wall. So dumb...we should be trying to strengthen ties with Mexico.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Trump is willing to risk his political capital on that stupid wall. So dumb...we should be trying to strengthen ties with Mexico.
    Apparently, he thinks the best way to stop illegal immigration is to build a giant wall using our tax dollars.. I mean, having Mexico pay for it, instead of something like, I don't know, an improving Mexican economy to help keep illegal immigration under control. I mean, the wall is a great idea, there is no way Mexicans would come up with a way to get around it or anything.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would/should Trump care about helping Mexico thrive? You think that's going to keep them from crossing the border? There's still the Cartel that everyone is trying to avoid out there.

I'm not sure if you Hillary/Bernie supporters realize yet, but we voted Trump in for putting America first. That wall is one of the main reasons, because safety is the first priority.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wall is an unrealistic solution to what is a considerably smaller problem than it is presented to be on Fox News

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Why would/should Trump care about helping Mexico thrive? You think that's going to keep them from crossing the border? There's still the Cartel that everyone is trying to avoid out there.

I'm not sure if you Hillary/Bernie supporters realize yet, but we voted Trump in for putting America first. That wall is one of the main reasons, because safety is the first priority.
    He doesn't have to outright help them, but a thriving Mexican economy is actually good for the US. And yes, a better Mexican economy will slow illegal immigration, a number that has been dropping anyway. Not only that, but the tariff he was oh so happy to keep bringing up during his campaign, would actually harm the US, so, I don't really see how that is putting America first.

The Wall is a non-solution to a problem that is already slowing down.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Apparently, he thinks the best way to stop illegal immigration is to build a giant wall using our tax dollars.. I mean, having Mexico pay for it, instead of something like, I don't know, an improving Mexican economy to help keep illegal immigration under control. I mean, the wall is a great idea, there is no way Mexicans would come up with a way to get around it or anything.

It should also be noted that there have been more leaving the US over the past few years than coming in. The flow is more from US to Mexico than from Mexico to US, according to the data released by the government.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly I'm sick to death of Mexico's hypocrisy regarding immigration law so I could care less if we strengthen ties with them or not.

But the problem with the wall is that it's utterly impractical from a financial standpoint and does NOTHING about the single biggest source of illegal immigration, which is people overstaying their visas. I'm content with stronger enforcement of immigration laws, building the wall isn't necessary IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Frankly I'm sick to death of Mexico's hypocrisy regarding immigration law so I could care less if we strengthen ties with them or not.

But the problem with the wall is that it's utterly impractical from a financial standpoint and does NOTHING about the single biggest source of illegal immigration, which is people overstaying their visas. I'm content with stronger enforcement of immigration laws, building the wall isn't necessary IMO.
    Is an immigrant with a visa for work, education or visitation really a problem when they stay though? I don't think it is something to criminalize when extending the visa is so easy. Just so everyone knows, this is essentially the criminal equivalent of having expired car insurance. It simply depends on how the court responds to it.

Trump is trying to turn it into a more serious offense, which he does not have the authority to do. That power is in the hands of Congress.

And those that commit more serious crimes should be handled by our criminal justice system.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List of current US attorneys https://www.justice.gov/usao/us-attorneys-listing
    Each one with a caret symbol is an acting attorney filling the job until confirmed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A government shutdown would be the greatest accomplishment of Trump's first 100 days for sure. It is what his supporters want after all...

@Foos

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is trying to turn it into a more serious offense, which he does not have the authority to do. That power is in the hands of Congress.

The hell he dosen't. Enforcement of immigration law is strictly under the purview of the executive branch.

Thread Information