Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

I couldn't read the listings because of the allergic reaction caused my eyes to swell shut. No one would help direct me to the appropriate room
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe these whackos are still protesting Trump. I mean; holy fucking shit. GROW THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

Man, imagine the biggest stress in your pretty little life being Trumps taxes? What a life that must be. Pansies.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I can't believe these whackos are still protesting Trump. I mean; holy fucking shit. GROW THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

Man, imagine the biggest stress in your pretty little life being Trumps taxes? What a life that must be. Pansies.
    It's certainly not the cause of the most stress in their lives, but it is easy to point to because releasing his taxes is something he said he would do yet has not.

How do you react to people who say they'll do something and then fail to follow through?

Imagine you and a friend are planning a Wrestlemania trip, you're working the day the tickets go on sale so your friend says he'll buy yours too. The day comes and goes, and you ask your friend and he's all "yeah, I didn't get yours. I got mine and had the money in hand but just didn't feel like paying for another ticket." You wouldn't be pissed? Or barring that, you wouldn't be pissed at your friend trying to downplay it like it's not a big deal and YOU'RE the snowflake for caring about it?

It wouldn't cost Trump anything to release his taxes. It'd barely even cost him any effort; all he'd have to do it glance over at his accountants and gesture at them to do the thing and it'd be done. But instead he made up something about how it's illegal for him since he's under audit and the IRS was all "uh no it's not you can totally release them whenever you want, including RIGHT NOW if you wanted to." So why'd he say that? Why did he decide to break his promise and then lie when he was called out on it?

Now he's going to just not do it, and he's not legally required to. Your friend wasn't legally required to pick up your Mania ticket for you either, but the problem is of course that he said he was going to do it and then blew you off.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that.

But that the same, the press has on more than one occasion ILLEGALLY released his tax information.

If I was in his shoes I might be a little bit of a dick about releasing my tax returns as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    I get that.

But that the same, the press has on more than one occasion ILLEGALLY released his tax information.

If I was in his shoes I might be a little bit of a dick about releasing my tax returns as well.
    As our commander in chief, Trump should feel an obligation to be transparent to the American people regarding anything that's not tied to national security. This is even more important in his case given the shady nature of his campaign and some of the more questionable aspects of his personal life. People are legitimately concerned about this stuff and using the press as an excuse is pathetic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    As our commander in chief, Trump should feel an obligation to be transparent to the American people regarding anything that's not tied to national security. This is even more important in his case given the shady nature of his campaign and some of the more questionable aspects of his personal life. People are legitimately concerned about this stuff and using the press as an excuse is pathetic.
    That's not what the law says though.

What the law DOES say is that tax returns are private and that releasing someone's tax return without their permission is a felony.

So until that changes, Trump has a legit beef IMO.

Yes he broke tradition by not releasing his tax returns and he did go back on his word that he would. But once again, by law that is HIS preogative.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the law DOES say is that tax returns are private and that releasing someone's tax return without their permission is a felony.

Yes he broke tradition by not releasing his tax returns and he did go back on his word that he would. But once again, by law that is HIS preogative.
    I understand that he's not required by law to release them. When I said Trump should feel an obligation, I meant that from a standpoint of basic morality. Using the media as an excuse to not be transparent, especially with the public concern about his ties, indicates to me that he's either a weak man with thin skin or that he's hiding something. Most likely it's both.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Supreme Court's position on the enforceability of it being a felony for the reporter is probably on the side of the reporters though.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite simple to me.

If Trump has nothing to hide in his tax returns, why not shut the people up, wave them around and (for want of a better expression) rub the fact that there's no smoking gun in his detractors faces.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why he'd release them. He's right, nobody really gives a shit. It's a happy talking point for people that oppose him and not something that matters to the ones who support him.

Tax returns of billionaires are too complicated for the attention span of the public and will get boiled down to one or two unfavorable things like his low tax rate and he knows this.

I am fine with the argument he should do it, but the only two groups making that argument are the ones that will be against him no matter what they say and reporters, neither of which he needs to placate at the moment.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my point. He just helped bomb the shit out of and kill over 90 ISIS fighters and destroy their underground game and all these clowns want to do is protest tax returns.

I thank God that Trump is the president and these protesting herbs are nothing more then that. They have no IQ on what's important in life.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump's tax returns is such a small issue compared to some of the other stuff going on. It really is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kemis. View Post
    Trump's tax returns is such a small issue compared to some of the other stuff going on. It really is.
    In comparison to other things that the administration and his family are getting to do, yes.

Plus, his supporters see no issue with any of it. So what's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This crop of college liberals scares the shit out me. Every 20 years the party swings back and both on the moral side of things and this group of liberals is scary with their love of censoring things they do not like, segregating themselves from people they do not want to be around and punishing viewpoints they find offensive.

They also love to protest the most minor things. While people were fighting over male privilege, mansplaining, and microaggressions that occur on twitter, planned parenthood got defunded in many states.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    This crop of college liberals scares the shit out me. Every 20 years the party swings back and both on the moral side of things and this group of liberals is scary with their love of censoring things they do not like, segregating themselves from people they do not want to be around and punishing viewpoints they find offensive.

They also love to protest the most minor things. While people were fighting over male privilege, mansplaining, and microaggressions that occur on twitter, planned parenthood got defunded in many states.
    They are the flip side of those kooks that believe everything they see on Infowars as gospel. It's almost like a religious cult.

It's kind of sad too, because I believe common sense liberalism is neccessary for the country to progress, just like I believe common sense conservatism is neccessary for the country to stay grounded. Going too far to either extreme is dangerous IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is all we have now, extremes. It is a shock we get anything politically done in this country when people move more and more to the extreme right or left.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is all we have now, extremes. It is a shock we get anything politically done in this country when people move more and more to the extreme right or left.
    The extreme right believes I don't deserve to exist because of my racial and ethic origin. They feel this way about a lot of people. Conservative politicians kowtow to this narrative a lot.

How am I supposed to "reach across the aisle" in that regard?
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty far extreme right in the government that no one in this thread is suggesting should be worked with. But the Steve King's of the Republican Party aren't the norm, and there are perfectly reasonable conservatives in this country that can't be worked with by Democrats for fear of being primaried.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gets said by the same that spent the last 8 years bitching because a black man was president. The irony.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    This gets said by the same that spent the last 8 years bitching because a black man was president. The irony.
    Surely, you're not talking about me. Right? Because I voted for him (as RT pointed out), but sure paint whatever story in your mind that makes you feel better about yourself. It's a lie, though.

Obamacare and the way he handled BLM and mistreated first responders were my gripes with him and they all came at the end of his 8 years. So stop being immature and condescending and get your facts right. You racist.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely, you're not talking about me. Right? Because I voted for him (as RT pointed out), but sure paint whatever story in your mind that makes you feel better about yourself. It's a lie, though.

Obamacare and the way he handled BLM and mistreated first responders were my gripes with him and they all came at the end of his 8 years. So stop being immature and condescending and get your facts right. You racist.
    It is pretty much true, that same ones​ bitching about people being upset that people protest Trump also spent the last 8 years bitching because a black man was president.

I'm aware you were an Obama supporter before all of the sudden changing your​ stance (not sure if you still hate police and smoke weed on the regular as well), but you change gimmicks on this board more than a WWE wrestler that creative has nothing for. It's part of why I never take much of what you say serious.

At least I know that I'm now racist against my own race.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't shock me that stupid people exist, it shocks me that we pander to them.
    I mean at what point does truth win out?

I also don't understand the hypocritical knots that these but cases tie themselves into as they like to proclaim themselves to be pre-Feminist and Pro-Islam when those two points of view are completely contrary.

If this sort of lunacy continues unchecked it will destroy the west, the reality of the world doesn't bend for your fictional delusions of a warm cuddly blanket of existence.
    Some of Europe is so screwed from this mindset, I was speaking with a Swede at a trade show in Shanghai last week and he implored me not to believe the media and the citizens are appalled at the direction of their country.
    In the past I have been the biggest fan of racial diversity, let the races intermix until there are no more races.... But importing another insulated culture into your own does not accomplish that it infects your country.
    I am also desperately confused why someone leaving a third world shit hole would try to implement the same policies in their new country as what destroyed their old one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religion isn't the reason those countries are 3rd world shit holes. A lot of the issues in the Middle East stem from western foreign policy and intervention over the years.

Personally, I take all religions about as seriously as I do Lord of the Rings.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean religious difference certainly hasn't helped in any of those places, especially in the context of western intervention.

While I have no problem with someone not believing in religion, not taking their impact on society seriously is a mistake.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do take the impact of religion seriously. I was just saying that western intervention has more to do with the problems in the Middle East than any other factor, including religion. I think it's misguided for someone to assume it's all the fault of Islam.

Our foreign policy when it comes to that region is beyond backwards.

Thread Information