Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    A lot has happened over the past 4 years INCLUDING me becoming an adult. I always tell people that I was a democrat when I was young,immature and lacked knowledge. Once I grew up and became an adult, I became a republican. Why? Because it makes so much more sense.

My biggest thing is ObamaCare. But not far behind is his blind hate for first responders, the way he sent people to Michael Browns funeral and boastfully supported the Black Lives Matter movement completely causing a divide in this country. This, methodically, happened in his second term when he had no worry about competing for another term. The dude fucked up this country and the way he supported Hillary Clinton was inexcusable. No president should be out there campaigning for someone else. His division of this country and him birthing this pussified PC bullshit of a world that I have complained of for years and years are some more reasons why my opinion changed. Yes, I also did not like getting bent over and ass fucked without lube when I was doing my taxes and got fined even though I didn't get sick once. The dude was terrible, BUT I do appreciate you looking for my old posts @RT. Nice repay of me doing it to you.

Edit- I could also get insurance at work but it's way too expensive.
    So Reagon should not have campaigned for Bush?

Also if you did not plan to get insurance why did you not apply for a hardship? Some require no proof and poof, there goes your fine? Plenty of conservative sites have details on how to get out of paying the tax for no insurance. IMO, anyone who pays this either has enough money so it is a non-factor, or is an idiot who does not consider doing an hours worth of research worth the fine they will pay.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not American, I dont live in America, however I'm English and live in the England and we are sitting outside of the bubble looking it and to be honest alot of us here cant really believe what is happening in America. I also feel blessed that we have the national health service which mean its doesn't cost anything to go to the hospital or to have operations etc, where in America it can make you broke if you are seriously ill. But the thing that puzzles me at the moment is the Mexican border wall that Trump is planning to put up, now I hear its 2,000 miles long and a cost of $5 million per mile, i might not be smart but I know that a shit load of money for a dam wall, money that could be used for something for the people of America. You got to laugh at Trump comment that he will make Mexico pay for the wall, you know mexico gonna say, you wanted it, you built it, you pay for it.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not American, I dont live in America, however I'm English and live in the England and we are sitting outside of the bubble looking it and to be honest alot of us here cant really believe what is happening in America.
    Not even after the Brexit vote?

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Not even after the Brexit vote?
    7 months after the vote and nothing really has changed, so status quo

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    If the country were remotely destroyed, I'd buy this argument. Instead I'll just stick with the absolutely bonkers reality that the Dems nominated a worse candidate than Trump.
    I know how the welfare system works, because I see that shit every day. Cmon Mike. Majority of the people that call for ambulances call for bullshit reasons and have Medicaid where they're not paying shit. Not to mention, they can walk but choose not to because their stomach hurts. The people I see buying $250 worth of food in Shop Rite with Jordan's and weaves and only pay $15 after they swipe the EBT card IS Welfare abuse.

I don't live in a bubble, I live in reality. I've seen stuff that you can't remotely understand. I've seen this BLM movement ruin innocent people's lives because they put on a uniform and clocked in that day. Cut that nonsense of me living in a bubble out.

Also, Hillary Clinton has been the QUEEN of the DNC for the past 20 years. Stop pretending she was some random individual that the DNC decided to put all their marbles on. Donna Brazile risked her job to help her out. The lady is a criminal, yes, but most important she IS the DNC and her views are the same exact as Barack Obama and America voted against having to deal with that same shit all over again.

Donald Trump is Obamas legacy. Face it. You also need to face the fact that FOX News is the #1 news network in the United States for a reason. Get a grip on America, because your ideas have been rejected by the majority and that is why the person I voted for is in office and not the person you voted for and were so confident in winning. Take the L.
    The more I think about it, the more I come to believe Hillary was not a weak candidate. It took the Republicans running against her for 20 years + disinformation to the point where people were ready to believe she was part of a child sex slavery ring running out of the basement of a pizza parlor, and she was up against an outsider candidate no one saw coming who managed to steamroll over the entire GOP, and despite that she still gathered 3 million more votes than Trump.

Kid, I'm not going to argue that Trump won according to the rules of the election (which means yes, he is legit despite what others on my team say) but the voters came out for Clinton more than they did for Trump so no, her ideas were not rejected by the majority. Going off raw numbers, more people wanted Hillary in charge than Donald. This is indisputable.

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    Okay, so is it true, that what you just described, is more of an issue with the pharmaceutical industries and insurance companies than anything else? If that's true, then why should we be targeting the American people and putting more of a burden on them? (People like me that don't have a need to go to the doctor on a regular basis). Objectively, everyone in life already has a lot of financial personal expenses, obligations to meet, people that rely on them and everything else; then we're asked to help feed even more money into helping other people take care of their medical expenses? That doesn't sound fair to me at all. If that isn't the case, then break it down for me because it just sounds like a huge scam to me. Again, this is based on if the earlier statement is accurate; If the issue is more to do with these insurance providers and the pharmaceutical industry, then why should we be focused on creating more jobs in that industry?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I don't think insurance companies are innocent, but I also see their plight in a world where they can't get you when you're healthy because they can't turn you down when you're sick. That's why I'm saying that if the Republicans want to repeal Obamacare, they can't do a half measure because they'll kill insurers. If we go back to pre-Obamacare there will be tons of people with no health coverage that want it and that's unfortunate, but we will still have some insurance infrastructure.

Well like I said before you're going to cover medical expenses for other people either way, either in a system where you get something for it in health insurance coverage for unforeseen issues or in municipal taxes to cover for the uninsured people that go to hospitals everyday. A system that tries to get everyone to enroll wants to cut the latter expense.

It's worth noting in this conversation that I'm not for private insurance companies. I want a single payer system like the other thread talks about. But since that's not politically feasible, I'm advocating against my insurance premiums sky rocketing because Republicans have the political will to repeal the parts of Obamacare that are unpopular but not enough to actually repeal Obamacare. And I'm concerned the president is a populist that wants to kill Obamacare and replace it with a different system that somehow lowers costs, covers everyone, comes from private insurers, and doesn't require healthy people to want it because he thinks that's what people want, even though it's impossible. It's like he's promising the whole school ice cream Fridays, he can't do what he says he will.
    To me it also comes down to collectivism vs individualism -- are we all in this together or are we not? It's like taxes going to education, one might argue "hey I don't have kids so I shouldn't have to pay for schools" and while that's not an invalid point, I do believe that society is made stronger by a populace with the capacity for critical thinking and in that vein I also believe Americans being healthy is better than Americans fearing hospital bills.

I am reminded of a story I heard on NPR the other day about a doctor/Harvard professor who put himself and his family on a high deductible plan just to see what it's like:

http://www.marketplace.org/2017/01/1...e/cost-vs-care

"Imagine running as fast as you can and your heart is racing. Just imagine that continues for minutes and minutes," said Jha. "It’s not a great feeling."

These episodes usually pass quickly. But the most recent one, which Jha experienced after a bruising international business trip, was a particularly bad bout. At half-an-hour, his heart was still racing. After an hour, his wife urged Jha to go to the Emergency Room.

"And I was resisting it. She actually asked me, 'if a patient of yours called you with this, what would you recommend to them?' And I said, ‘oh, yeah, that’s easy. Go to the [Emergency Department],'" Jha said.

Though he knew he could be experiencing a heart attack, Jha didn’t want to spend $2,000 or more getting checked out in the ER — even though he said he could afford that. In retrospect, Jha said he should have gone to the hospital.

"But, you know, I knew there was a big bill waiting for me if I did, and I rolled the dice," he said.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have such a huge issue with contributing to it, but my issue stems from the fact that I'm almost positive that the insurance companies are shady as hell. For example, you up spending part of your income on the ACA, or else get fined for it. But when it comes to the doctor visits, surgeries and everything else; you still end up spending more money out of your own pocket, than what the insurance companies are willing to cover, and you can't do anything about it. So in effect, not only are you getting boned in taxes, but you still have high deductibles and the insurance companies literally pay the minimum amount required which isn't even cost effective and barely benefits that person at all.

Someone else on this board, in another thread, literally described that exact situation that he's been in.

I'm sure this whole situation is far complicated than at the level that I'm looking into it; but it really just seems like a major scam.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michi - the 25 years of campaigning against her is what made Hillary a weak candidate. I actually think she's a knowledgeable, hardworking person with a record of being praised by her friends and opponents in non-election years as being great to work with. But there's decades of baggage that made her difficult to elect, not helped by an FBI Firector who either in poor judgment or poor intent decided to send a political gift to her opponent a few weeks before the election.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One person says something ridiculous and then someone uses it as a fact. You guys will say anything to explain Hillary losing.

Donald Trump is staying true to his words as he is stopping funding to sanctuary cities AND will be banning Syrian refugees from entering America. So where's all the people who said that The Don was lying to all his supporters about his promises? Where's all the people that said these things are impossible?

Oh, that's right. Saying it took republicans 20+ years to beat Hillary Clinton.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone say that him signing executive orders were impossible? Did anyone say banning Syrian refugees was impossible? You're trying too hard kiddo.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when Republicans hated Executive Orders?

I 'Member!!
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Remember when Republicans hated Executive Orders?

I 'Member!!
    Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when Republicans didn't keep their word on what they said they'd do? I member.

Remember when everyone said Donald Trump wouldn't win? I member.

Member when people said he wouldn't build the wall? Yeah, I member!

Donald Trump is going to be the greatest president of all time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's built a wall already? Did Mexico pay for it too? Fuck that's impressive.

Oh, right. You're confusing his signature with completed projects.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when Republicans didn't keep their word on what they said they'd do? I member.

Remember when everyone said Donald Trump wouldn't win? I member.

Member when people said he wouldn't build the wall? Yeah, I member!

Donald Trump is going to be the greatest president of all time.
    Must be some waverider technology from Legends of Tomorrow in that wall, it looks just as invisible.

Serious here now Kid, a yes or no question with a bit of a preface.

You've been talking about how the majority of Americans have had their ideas rejected since Trump won the election, so yes or no, did he get the most votes in the election? (I know he won the election but that's not the question at hand here)

We both know the answer and it renders your statement about the majority completely untrue on the face of it.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you actually believe that three million people voted illegally, because that just proves you're fucking retarded.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already answered this question, though.

It's not my fault that California and New York have more democrat liberals then republicans. Fortunately, elections are decided by 50 states and not just two.

So yes, when he broke the blue wall at the top of the US and flipped them red; the liberal mindset was rejected by the majority of the United States.

I'm just using alternative facts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was iffy on if he would try to build the wall, but it's an absolute certainty he SHOULDN'T try to build the all, it's the dumbest thing to want, hey, waste a lot of money the country doesn't have for a thing that will be barely beneficial, oh, and it all comes out of the taxpayer's pockets.

The fact Trump couldn't make it past inauguration day without lying about silly bullshit for no reason bodes poorly for the rest of his run, first days in office already a farce, and we got 4 years of this bullshit. Hopefully he realizes how stupid of an idea and complete waste of taxpayer dollars that wall is and tries to instead do something productive during his tenure, just minimize the damage he causes to the country in that time.
    Last edited by RagnarokMike; 01-26-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dat Guy's defense of Trump thus far consists of fucking memes. Just about sums it up really. Should just rename himself Dat Boi and complete his dank transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confused so let me ask this, why do we need a wall?

Seems like an incredibly trivial waste of taxpayer funds, currently estimated at between $12 and $15 billion dollars. According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security undocumented immigration from Mexico to the US is less of an issue that it has been in over 40 years. And more recently, due to a growing Mexican economy, the number of people attempting to cross the US-Mexico border has been steadily falling over the last 15 years. In fact (not alternate), since 2007, the total number of Mexican immigrants in the US has actually been on the decline.

So I ask again, why do we need a wall?

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the President wants to build something that he can put his name on, like it's one of his hotels.

And because there are lots of people in this country that hate Mexicans, and this will appease them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Dat Guy's defense of Trump thus far consists of fucking memes. Just about sums it up really. Should just rename himself Dat Boi and complete his dank transformation.
    And you can all name yourselves "Salty 1", "Salty 2", "Butthurt Liberal", "Butthurt Liberal 2", etc.

I haven't insulted anyone, but the "we the people" liberals can't stand the fact that they didn't get what they wanted and have nothing better to do then insult.

I have no anger in me, mi amigo. I'm chilling. My guy won. My guys president. I got nothing left to prove.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo~ View Post
    I am confused so let me ask this, why do we need a wall?

Seems like an incredibly trivial waste of taxpayer funds, currently estimated at between $12 and $15 billion dollars. According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security undocumented immigration from Mexico to the US is less of an issue that it has been in over 40 years. And more recently, due to a growing Mexican economy, the number of people attempting to cross the US-Mexico border has been steadily falling over the last 15 years. In fact (not alternate), since 2007, the total number of Mexican immigrants in the US has actually been on the decline.

So I ask again, why do we need a wall?

How about you listen to his speeches and get a clue instead of posting something that absolutely proves why we need a wall. The decline, the drugs that come from Mexico. Get a clue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, I've been quiet pretty much everywhere online when it comes to my opinions on Trump. Did I like him or want him to win? No. However he did, so I thought it best to wait and see and well.. this image basically sums up how I feel

If you still believe in him after these last few days and you still think he is going to "Make America great again" good for you I guess. I wish I could go through life with blinders on like you do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Ya know, I've been quiet pretty much everywhere online when it comes to my opinions on Trump. Did I like him or want him to win? No. However he did, so I thought it best to wait and see and well.. this image basically sums up how I feel

If you still believe in him after these last few days and you still think he is going to "Make America great again" good for you I guess. I wish I could go through life with blinders on like you do.
    Explain to me what he's done so far that's so bad?

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still dubious about the wall, but Trump cutting off federal funding to sanctuary cities is great. I find it absolutely laughable that these mayors think they are entitled to thumb their noses at federal law and still receive federal funding.

Thread Information