Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAvenger View Post
    Damn, that PC with Merkel was surreal. I am so sorry for you americans.
    It's astounding to watch the man in action, such an unprofessional man-child.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to know how she could remain professional listening to his nonsense, knowing she was a trained research scientist in a hard science.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I want to know how she could remain professional listening to his nonsense, knowing she was a trained research scientist in a hard science.
    Depends on what they were discussing. It was a scientific discussion then yeah, it's amazing she remained calm while listening to nonsense. But if it was purely political her background dosen't make her opinion any more valid. And if it was a discussion concerning free enterprise and capitalism his life experience may actually "Trump" hers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Depends on what they were discussing. It was a scientific discussion then yeah, it's amazing she remained calm while listening to nonsense. But if it was purely political her background dosen't make her opinion any more valid. And if it was a discussion concerning free enterprise and capitalism his life experience may actually "Trump" hers.
    Science is a system of evaluating evidence using logic and empirical facts. This is the exact opposite of what Trump does. Trump is essentially everything people said Bush was, rejecting facts and evidence for instinct and gut feelings. Scientists generally learn to rule out instinct as it is often wrong.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Trump and this White House is defensive in nature anyway but what's come out today from Comey has launched them into a whole other world of defence and attack.

I've never quite witnessed such a lack of a relationship and a downright hatred of intelligence agencies as what is happening now from the WH. Quite incredible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His handler is doing the tweeting though. Too calm and coherent. He is done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like all this was today is Comey confirming what we already knew, that an investigation is indeed happening. I mean, it's not nothing, but it's not making any accusations either.

Now we wait and see if they find anything. My bet is they don't.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fucking shit.

(this video's title is obviously insane)

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...t-comey-russia

Just...wow. This is nuts.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And??

Still waiting for any example of how Trump is not within his rights. There is nothing that says. "You have to keep this guy even though he prosecuted you" A president can be as petty as he bloody well wants to be when it comes to political appointments. And US Attorneys ARE political appointments. They can be fired for political or even personal reasons.
    But what sort of message does that send? Don't prosecute powerful politicians or business leaders because they might become President and then fire you?

To me, it really comes down to 'why did Bharara refuse to resign?' He did know going into the office that this could/probably would happen when the next POTUS took over so assuming it's not grandstanding* I'd sure like to know what's going on.

*grandstanding is, of course, entirely possible

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clinton fired 92 US Attorneys IN A SINGLE DAY. Not a peep from the press about it. Bharara had ZERO expectation that he could refuse to resign and keep his job.
    I know that's how some of the media is playing it but it didn't happen that way. You're not fully understanding the issue. It's not that attorneys were fired. When Clinton fired those attorneys, they all stayed in their posts until their replacement was confirmed, as required by law. In addition, not all of them were actually replaced as a few stayed on for years after that.

The issue is that Trump and sessions fired them and vacated the positions immediately, which is a violation of the law. There is also the issue that some who were fired were either involved in litigation against Trump in the past or were, in the case of Bharara, actively investigating Trump's cabinet.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else find it weird that Trump still refers to Obama as POTUS...

The Russia stuff is not good. Back before 9-11 and Fox News this would not be a quiet investigation but an outright treason investigation. People have been hung for less.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an example why so many people question his credibility.

Edit: video have me an error when I tried to play it. Here's the link.
    https://youtu.be/5wrEQhuzRDE
    Last edited by ORaider27; 03-21-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post

Just an example why so many people question his credibility.

Edit: video have me an error when I tried to play it. Here's the link.
    https://youtu.be/5wrEQhuzRDE
    LOL...lets be real...I can do this with EVERY politician that has ever lived. Politicians lie and talk out of both sides of their mouths, it's what they do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...lets be real...I can do this with EVERY politician that has ever lived. Politicians lie and talk out of both sides of their mouths, it's what they do.
    To some extent, yes a lot of them do and they always get criticized for it, too. The difference is that when other politicians do it, we usually get an explanation why their opinion changed and is usually because more information became available to them. The Republicans painted John Kerry as a "flip flopper" when he did it and yet he was always very forth coming on why his views on a subject changed. Trump simply says "I never said that" or something similar.

And the perception that all of them do it to the extent Trump does is just wrong. The issue is not that he changed his opinions. A wise man will change his opinion when presented with more facts that render his current opinion wrong or simply no longer defensible. The issue is that he denies ever saying it in the first place.

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, @ORaider27 a wise man would become a billionaire and president all in one lifetime.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I mean, Trump's not actually a billionaire. It's all fugazi. It's a fantasy world. Nothing about him is real. He's also not smart, because a smart man doesn't go golfing every weekend, cost the taxpayers millions of dollars, conduct matters of national security in a fucking restaurant, and he doesn't misspell the word "Tap. Also, a smart man doesn't need his briefings shortened to one page with lots of graphs and maps. He may very well be the dumbest president in history, and now he's under federal investigation for colluding with the Russian Government, so he might not even last a year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wise is certainly a word that doesn't apply to Trump, much like sensible, professional, adult, rational, respectful, respectable, man that list can go on for a while.

Good for Trump making his money though, following his father's success and with his father's money, you can really accomplish anything...as long as you're born into a life of privilege.

Wise though. Ha. The wise man who had a hissy fit because Obama had a more attended inauguration, truly an enlightened individual.
    Last edited by RagnarokMike; 03-22-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    Well I mean, Trump's not actually a billionaire. It's all fugazi. It's a fantasy world. Nothing about him is real. He's also not smart, because a smart man doesn't go golfing every weekend, cost the taxpayers millions of dollars, conduct matters of national security in a fucking restaurant, and he doesn't misspell the word "Tap. Also, a smart man doesn't need his briefings shortened to one page with lots of graphs and maps. He may very well be the dumbest president in history, and now he's under federal investigation for colluding with the Russian Government, so he might not even last a year.
    A lot of Trump supporters would say that Trump is smart because he does this these things and is taking advantage of big gubmint, that needs to be run like a business or something.

And all the rest is librul fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post

Trump is plenty smart and cunning. You DO NOT get to the positions he has in life without a healthy dose of smart and cunning.

Wise on the other hand.....not so much. He's probably the most foolish 70 year+ man I've ever seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is a paradox, he does have intelligence, but is also extremely stupid. Idiot savant in the area of business, though, having fortune for a start-up certainly didn't hurt him. But he did see the money in Manhattan, which was pretty much the thing that made him, not a self made man like he claims, but he did make the right decisions on what to do with his massive wealth, certainly learned a lot about real estate from his father. It's a monster of a market if you have the money to get into it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Actually, @ORaider27 a wise man would become a billionaire and president all in one lifetime.
    Trump's success was enabled by a $100 million inheritance, further financed through public money, and increased by criminal activity, refusing to pay contractors for work done, defaulting on debts and business contracts by non payment, refusing to follow court orders, and dodging taxes. He also continues to spread lies and incorrect information. Politifact rates 70% of his statements as false in some capacity. He's also filed bankruptcy multiple times in an attempt to escape paying taxes, business and personal debts, and court ordered restitution.

None of that says "wise" to me so we will have to agree to disagree.

Edit: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
    Last edited by ORaider27; 03-24-2017 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Cay Johnston, author of "Making Donald Trump", on Democracy Now.

https://youtu.be/0xc0EpF49vE

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/ftxB-WV58_o

Adam Schiff, Senate Intelligence Committee, comments on investigation. "More than circumstantial evidence"

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. WELL.

How about that shit?

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post

https://youtu.be/ftxB-WV58_o

Adam Schiff, Senate Intelligence Committee, comments on investigation. "More than circumstantial evidence"
    A Democratic Senator from liberal Massachusetts attacking our benevolent President over #fakenews, is how this will be spun.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Thread Information