Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 887

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

  1. #26
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,341
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    References to climate change are being removed from the White House website, that says a lot and none of it is good.
    Every new presidency updates the site and major issues to the sitting president get a focus on the page, so the site updates. I would like to see the environment be a major issue, but they're choosing to focus on other things. Doesn't mean that they want to erase climate talk (or LGBT rights as others online have freaked out about) though...just not a major focus to the staff.

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  2. #27
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,487
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    So, I was in DC for the protests, as well as the Women's March.

    It was....wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  3. #28
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Every new presidency updates the site and major issues to the sitting president get a focus on the page, so the site updates. I would like to see the environment be a major issue, but they're choosing to focus on other things. Doesn't mean that they want to erase climate talk (or LGBT rights as others online have freaked out about) though...just not a major focus to the staff.
    The website, no. The cabinet appointments, a handful of executive orders, and leaked budget positions on the other hand strongly suggest they want to erase climate talk.

  4. #29
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,341
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The website, no. The cabinet appointments, a handful of executive orders, and leaked budget positions on the other hand strongly suggest they want to erase climate talk.
    All I was talking about what the website though

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  5. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    That was such a great weekend. Monday, today, is going to be Trumps first full "work" day in office. This is going to be a great first 100 days followed by a great 8 years. Thank God.

    As for everyone who is butt hurt about Trump being president, you can blame Obama for destroying this country. Obamas legacy will be remembered by two words. Donald Trump.

    Face it. Live it. Trump is our President. This country is going to be a patriotic country, again.

  6. #31
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    That was such a great weekend. Monday, today, is going to be Trumps first full "work" day in office. This is going to be a great first 100 days followed by a great 8 years. Thank God.

    As for everyone who is butt hurt about Trump being president, you can blame Obama for destroying this country. Obamas legacy will be remembered by two words. Donald Trump.

    Face it. Live it. Trump is our President. This country is going to be a patriotic country, again.
    If the country were remotely destroyed, I'd buy this argument. Instead I'll just stick with the absolutely bonkers reality that the Dems nominated a worse candidate than Trump.

  7. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    If the country were remotely destroyed, I'd buy this argument. Instead I'll just stick with the absolutely bonkers reality that the Dems nominated a worse candidate than Trump.
    Wrong.

    The Dems nominated the female version of Obama, who pandered to the same crowd with the same beliefs as Obama and was widely rejected because America is sick and tired of the PC BS and the same old shit. The people who live outside of a bubble and helped win the electoral college for Trump are people like me. People who are tired of welfare abuse, the word racism, other countries being prioritized over America, immigrants being prioritized over Americans, the villainizing of first responders, criminals being turned into heroes because of their skin color and having to pay a fine because of Obamas biggest failure of them all; ObamaCare. The list goes on and on and on and on. Believe me.

    Face it, this is the Dems fault but the king of the Dems was Obama. I guarantee we get more then 8 years of a Republican in the presidential seat because President Donald J Trump will make America great, again.

  8. #33
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    We should start with how I doubt you know the first thing about welfare abuse. I'm in the system and actually know what happens with welfare, which first means I know that it's run by the states, not the president. You had to pay a fine because of a Republican idea from 20 years ago that was put into the ACA. The idea that racism will go away because you don't hear the word from the president is pretty stupid too.

    You live in a Fox News bubble. There's no "living outside the bubble", it's just a different one, spinning different bullshit with a bullshit savior.

    Again, the United States isn't destroyed. Your argument to try to prove it is is pretty silly. Welfare fraud, a president that acknowledges that racism exists, and a penalty for not getting health insurance.

    And Obama and Hillary ran similar campaigns, but Obama wasn't dealing with the FBI, with nearly the level of conspiracy theory, nor nearly the amount of personal baggage that Hillary carried with her. Hillary is the second least popular candidate to run for president in the tracked history of that information. President Obama was not. It isn't so much Clintons positions or strategy that lost her the campaign, it was a lot of background stuff that made her unelectable. As social media continues on this course, actual issues mean less and less to the point that they meant nothing this year.

  9. #34
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    I may not understand this completely, but from what I've read, one of the first things that Trump is tackling with the ACA is that American's will no longer be fined or penalized if they choose not to sign up for it? And if that's true, then that's a good start imo.

  10. #35
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    I may not understand this completely, but from what I've read, one of the first things that Trump is tackling with the ACA is that American's will no longer be fined or penalized if they choose not to sign up for it? And if that's true, then that's a good start imo.
    Wel it's good for people only if he decides to get rid of all of the other ACA things that people like, like the kids on the parents plan and the preexisting condition clause.

    The point of the mandate is to require healthy people to use insurance, thus providing insurance companies some money coming from people who are not sick to help them subsidize people who are. If health insurance companies are forced to insure everyone that signs up but the only people signing up are like me and on thousands of dollars worth of prescriptions a month that the insurance companies pay for, then they're going to dramatically increase their rates.

    The reason rates have gone up is that too many healthy people were not getting insurance and too many sick people were. If you get rid of the mandate then the healthy people who only have insurance to avoid the tax will get out of the market and insurers will need to raise prices more.

    Or get an even bigger bailout from the government, or both, which is their expectation.

    Trump (and Republicans) really are in a pickle. They don't want the fallout of kicking tens of millions of people off healthcare or losing the preexisting conditions clause, but repealing the mandate is probably going to cause that either through insurers leaving the marketplace entirely for fear of losses or people having to give up their insurance for exploding costs anyway.

    Either way, those of us that need insurance anyway because of kids or health concerns are probably about to get bent over a table by insurance companies and the federal government.

  11. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    We should start with how I doubt you know the first thing about welfare abuse. I'm in the system and actually know what happens with welfare, which first means I know that it's run by the states, not the president. You had to pay a fine because of a Republican idea from 20 years ago that was put into the ACA. The idea that racism will go away because you don't hear the word from the president is pretty stupid too.

    You live in a Fox News bubble. There's no "living outside the bubble", it's just a different one, spinning different bullshit with a bullshit savior.

    Again, the United States isn't destroyed. Your argument to try to prove it is is pretty silly. Welfare fraud, a president that acknowledges that racism exists, and a penalty for not getting health insurance.

    And Obama and Hillary ran similar campaigns, but Obama wasn't dealing with the FBI, with nearly the level of conspiracy theory, nor nearly the amount of personal baggage that Hillary carried with her. Hillary is the second least popular candidate to run for president in the tracked history of that information. President Obama was not. It isn't so much Clintons positions or strategy that lost her the campaign, it was a lot of background stuff that made her unelectable. As social media continues on this course, actual issues mean less and less to the point that they meant nothing this year.
    I know how the welfare system works, because I see that shit every day. Cmon Mike. Majority of the people that call for ambulances call for bullshit reasons and have Medicaid where they're not paying shit. Not to mention, they can walk but choose not to because their stomach hurts. The people I see buying $250 worth of food in Shop Rite with Jordan's and weaves and only pay $15 after they swipe the EBT card IS Welfare abuse.

    I don't live in a bubble, I live in reality. I've seen stuff that you can't remotely understand. I've seen this BLM movement ruin innocent people's lives because they put on a uniform and clocked in that day. Cut that nonsense of me living in a bubble out.

    Also, Hillary Clinton has been the QUEEN of the DNC for the past 20 years. Stop pretending she was some random individual that the DNC decided to put all their marbles on. Donna Brazile risked her job to help her out. The lady is a criminal, yes, but most important she IS the DNC and her views are the same exact as Barack Obama and America voted against having to deal with that same shit all over again.

    Donald Trump is Obamas legacy. Face it. You also need to face the fact that FOX News is the #1 news network in the United States for a reason. Get a grip on America, because your ideas have been rejected by the majority and that is why the person I voted for is in office and not the person you voted for and were so confident in winning. Take the L.

  12. #37
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Wel it's good for people only if he decides to get rid of all of the other ACA things that people like, like the kids on the parents plan and the preexisting condition clause.

    The point of the mandate is to require healthy people to use insurance, thus providing insurance companies some money coming from people who are not sick to help them subsidize people who are. If health insurance companies are forced to insure everyone that signs up but the only people signing up are like me and on thousands of dollars worth of prescriptions a month that the insurance companies pay for, then they're going to dramatically increase their rates.

    The reason rates have gone up is that too many healthy people were not getting insurance and too many sick people were. If you get rid of the mandate then the healthy people who only have insurance to avoid the tax will get out of the market and insurers will need to raise prices more.

    Or get an even bigger bailout from the government, or both, which is their expectation.

    Trump (and Republicans) really are in a pickle. They don't want the fallout of kicking tens of millions of people off healthcare or losing the preexisting conditions clause, but repealing the mandate is probably going to cause that either through insurers leaving the marketplace entirely for fear of losses or people having to give up their insurance for exploding costs anyway.

    Either way, those of us that need insurance anyway because of kids or health concerns are probably about to get bent over a table by insurance companies and the federal government.
    Then it does benefit people like me, who haven't ever had any health issues, don't have any need for medication and only visit the doctor for checkups on blood work and things of that nature every once and while. I don't agree that it's right that I should be penalized or forced to participate, just so you and people like you can save money on your drugs and prescriptions.

    Now, I may be wrong about this, but I'm gonna go on a limb and say that some of the people that benefit from this because it lowers their medication expenses, are sick or have a need for medication because of certain lifestyle choices that they have made.
    Last edited by mx518; 01-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.

  13. #38
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    I'm not sick because of a lifestyle choice I've made. I've got a genetic autoimmune condition that suddenly appeared 18 months ago. I guess I don't have any statistics on how often people get sick outside of their own control, but I mean we all eventually do, right?

    And as a member of the economy, its shitty for everyone if suddenly insurance prices explode, thus causing those of us that have to maintain insurance to spend less, subsequently costing jobs. Well, shitty for everyone but people who run insurance companies.

    But fair enough, I also at some point in my life chose not to be on insurance. My point was mostly that the Republicans repealing Obamacare need to bite the bullet and eliminate the preexisting conditions clause as well so that insurance companies won't have to insure you if you through no fault of your own get cancer next year, or in trying to play the middle road they're going to burn everyone.

  14. #39
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I'm not sick because of a lifestyle choice I've made. I've got a genetic autoimmune condition that suddenly appeared 18 months ago. I guess I don't have any statistics on how often people get sick outside of their own control, but I mean we all eventually do, right?

    And as a member of the economy, its shitty for everyone if suddenly insurance prices explode, thus causing those of us that have to maintain insurance to spend less, subsequently costing jobs. Well, shitty for everyone but people who run insurance companies.

    But fair enough, I also at some point in my life chose not to be on insurance. My point was mostly that the Republicans repealing Obamacare need to bite the bullet and eliminate the preexisting conditions clause as well so that insurance companies won't have to insure you if you through no fault of your own get cancer next year, or in trying to play the middle road they're going to burn everyone.
    Okay, so is it true, that what you just described, is more of an issue with the pharmaceutical industries and insurance companies than anything else? If that's true, then why should we be targeting the American people and putting more of a burden on them? (People like me that don't have a need to go to the doctor on a regular basis). Objectively, everyone in life already has a lot of financial personal expenses, obligations to meet, people that rely on them and everything else; then we're asked to help feed even more money into helping other people take care of their medical expenses? That doesn't sound fair to me at all. If that isn't the case, then break it down for me because it just sounds like a huge scam to me. Again, this is based on if the earlier statement is accurate; If the issue is more to do with these insurance providers and the pharmaceutical industry, then why should we be focused on creating more jobs in that industry?

  15. #40
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Well I'll leave insurance companies out of my criticism because somehow I don't think this is their fault and that rarely happens.

    As for pharmaceutical companies I suppose it's your perspective. Pharmaceutical research is expensive, the reward for finding cures or treatments is being able to charge large sums of money because you're the sole distributor of said drug for a length of time to make profits, or at least that's the argument from people who receive pharmaceutical lobbying in congress.

    I don't know enough about pharmaceuticals to make a detailed criticism. I do know they charge extremely high rates for drugs that people need just because they can, but that's capitalism.

    I'm not really sure your question though or what it has to do with making more jobs in those industries. I have at least one coworker whose idea is to let it all burn, but that doesn't work out well for someone like me.

    Worth noting that people pay for people who get sick either way. If you don't have insurance, get in a car wreck, go to county hospital, and then can't pay your bill you can have it written off at taxpayer expense. That was one Republican argument behind the mandate, it protects taxpayers from these burdens.

  16. #41
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Well I'll leave insurance companies out of my criticism because somehow I don't think this is their fault and that rarely happens.
    I'm not sure on the specifics, but I think the insurance companies are guilty of ripping people off. And if you're not sure about it, then why would you assume that this isn't their fault, and furthermore assume that people aren't victims of shady insurance practices? Either way, since both of us have been forced into paying for this, I think the issue is worth some research.

    Either way you slice it; the insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies or the Affordable Care Act; the American people, whether or not they need insurance, are getting ripped off by this. Thanks to Affordable Care Act, I have to cover medical expenses for other people. If that goes away, then you have to spend more money. And either way, the industry gets richer at the expense of the American people. You may call it capitalism, but something drastic has to change.

    I'm not really sure your question though or what it has to do with making more jobs in those industries.
    And as a member of the economy, its shitty for everyone if suddenly insurance prices explode, thus causing those of us that have to maintain insurance to spend less, subsequently costing jobs. Well, shitty for everyone but people who run insurance companies.
    I'd have to look deeper into this, but my suspicion is that the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies are just as crooked as Obama was when he signed this crap into law.
    Last edited by mx518; 01-23-2017 at 01:39 PM.

  17. #42
    is not your buddy, guy.

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,519
    vCash
    4797
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Reading @Dat Guy 's posts and just reminiscing about how times have changed...

    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3634736

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid
    I'm honestly upset I didn't go and vote. I hope Obama wins. I normally think my one vote doesn't make a difference but I want to say I voted Atleast once.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3634814

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid
    Cast my vote. Go Obama.
    And that was from his re-election. Guess those first 4 years were pretty good. I wonder what happened in his second term that made Kid turn so blindly against the man he supported.

    Anyway, the next big march/rally is being planned for Tax Day, which is fitting considering he won't release his returns even though he said he would. More lies, more deceit, more supporters turning a blind eye and a deaf ear.

    Weeeeee

  18. #43
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,945
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    And that was from his re-election. Guess those first 4 years were pretty good. I wonder what happened in his second term that made Kid turn so blindly against the man he supported.
    Much higher insurance premiums?

  19. #44
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Kid doesn't get insurance, he has complained about the penalty though.

    My insurance premiums through an employer haven't drastically raised over last four years and I don't see much in the way of a plan to drop them soon.

  20. #45
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    A lot has happened over the past 4 years INCLUDING me becoming an adult. I always tell people that I was a democrat when I was young,immature and lacked knowledge. Once I grew up and became an adult, I became a republican. Why? Because it makes so much more sense.

    My biggest thing is ObamaCare. But not far behind is his blind hate for first responders, the way he sent people to Michael Browns funeral and boastfully supported the Black Lives Matter movement completely causing a divide in this country. This, methodically, happened in his second term when he had no worry about competing for another term. The dude fucked up this country and the way he supported Hillary Clinton was inexcusable. No president should be out there campaigning for someone else. His division of this country and him birthing this pussified PC bullshit of a world that I have complained of for years and years are some more reasons why my opinion changed. Yes, I also did not like getting bent over and ass fucked without lube when I was doing my taxes and got fined even though I didn't get sick once. The dude was terrible, BUT I do appreciate you looking for my old posts @RT. Nice repay of me doing it to you.

    Edit- I could also get insurance at work but it's way too expensive.

  21. #46
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    I don't like to affiliate myself with any particular party. There are some things I'm conservative about, other things I'm liberal about. On a deeper level, no party (doesn't matter if your democrat, republican, or whatever) is right about everything and hold the absolute truth on everything.

    In terms of foreign relations, I think Bush fucked a lot of things up and he's republican. Not all this shit can be blamed on Obama; especially after we just had 8 years of Bush.

  22. #47
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    I'm not sure on the specifics, but I think the insurance companies are guilty of ripping people off. And if you're not sure about it, then why would you assume that this isn't their fault, and furthermore assume that people aren't victims of shady insurance practices? Either way, since both of us have been forced into paying for this, I think the issue is worth some research.
    I don't think insurance companies are innocent, but I also see their plight in a world where they can't get you when you're healthy because they can't turn you down when you're sick. That's why I'm saying that if the Republicans want to repeal Obamacare, they can't do a half measure because they'll kill insurers. If we go back to pre-Obamacare there will be tons of people with no health coverage that want it and that's unfortunate, but we will still have some insurance infrastructure.

    Either way you slice it; the insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies or the Affordable Care Act; the American people, whether or not they need insurance, are getting ripped off by this. Thanks to Affordable Care Act, I have to cover medical expenses for other people. If that goes away, then you have to spend more money. And either way, the industry gets richer at the expense of the American people. You may call it capitalism, but something drastic has to change.
    Well like I said before you're going to cover medical expenses for other people either way, either in a system where you get something for it in health insurance coverage for unforeseen issues or in municipal taxes to cover for the uninsured people that go to hospitals everyday. A system that tries to get everyone to enroll wants to cut the latter expense.

    It's worth noting in this conversation that I'm not for private insurance companies. I want a single payer system like the other thread talks about. But since that's not politically feasible, I'm advocating against my insurance premiums sky rocketing because Republicans have the political will to repeal the parts of Obamacare that are unpopular but not enough to actually repeal Obamacare. And I'm concerned the president is a populist that wants to kill Obamacare and replace it with a different system that somehow lowers costs, covers everyone, comes from private insurers, and doesn't require healthy people to want it because he thinks that's what people want, even though it's impossible. It's like he's promising the whole school ice cream Fridays, he can't do what he says he will.

  23. #48
    No, You Don't Want None! mx518's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    One of the things that concerns me is the fact that I'm almost 30 years old. If you want to take average life expectancy into the equation, I'm still a fairly young guy. My aunt is 60 years old and was just diagnosed with cancer. My dad has been going to the doctor over the past few years for repeat colonoscopy's, and they found polyps that, I guess, could've eventually become cancerous. I think it's very naive of me to maintain an attitude or mindset that I will go through my whole life without having health issues. For example, I have drank a shit load of alcohol in my time. I'm not an alcoholic by any means, but one day I may develop a health issue with all the drinking I've done.

    Shit happens to everyone. For example, What if eventually I do have a serious medical issue (that isn't caused by a lifestyle choice), where having decent insurance makes it easier to financially manage and take care of?

    I was looking up that single payer system and from what I understand, I like the sound of it. I was on google and looking into the countries that have the best quality health coverage, while also being the most cost effective. One thing these countries all have in common is, they have nowhere near the population density that the USA does. So under a single payer system, the states would be responsible for health care, while the federal government provides oversight and enforcement to prevent abuse and consequences for abuse. If a single payer system was implemented on the federal level, but the government implements systems where the states manage the system, then this could potentially benefit everyone?

    It's all very complicated and I've never really researched it all that much.

  24. #49
    #throwback mikec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    @mikec31
    Age
    34
    Posts
    19,716
    vCash
    17097
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    For perspective I was a very healthy 21 year old when I got appendicitis with no insurance and built a $20,000 hospital bill overnight. When I graduated college I couldn't get a checking account, that's how far that bill reached into my life.

    And three years ago, at age 30, I had a kid. I can't say she caused it, though my assumption is it was the repetitive lifting of her gave me a bad case of bursitis in my shoulder. That bad case of bursitis served as a trigger to the rest of my body that unknown to me at the time I had rheumatoid arthritis. Over the course of a year I went from taking no medication to a bi-weekly biologic injection and five other prescriptions, some of which are just to counteract the drugs I take to make it so that I can get through the day at my desk job without being absolutely miserable.

    In other words, these things come out of nowhere. Fortunately I've had insurance over the past seven years, but right now you can get insurance no matter what happens to you. In a year I doubt that will be the case.

  25. #50
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,575
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

    That is strange, both Chris Murphy and Richard Blumenthal supported Linda McMahan in her confirmation hearing.

    And yeah, I am spending 10 percent of my income to keep the insurance I have, because I need about 2k worth of drugs a month to function. In a year, we may return to the era of pre-existing conditions and with no insurance I would become uninsurable. Single payer system work. They work so well, that is what congress uses. That is the insurance the people who make our laws decided works best for them. They literally use obamacare themselves, while trying to take it away from the general public. They could vote for any insurance plan, but they opt to use obamacare. So why is it good enough for the GOP senate and house members, good enough for most members of executive branch, but bad for the American people?


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •