Thread: Bobby Lashley: Legit threat or protected fighter?

The Voices, they scream Mr. Canoe's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bobby Lashley: Legit threat or protected fighter?

So I have been wondering about Bobby Lashley. He is currently 15-2 in MMA which sounds pretty impressive on paper but is he really that good or has he been fed people who aren't real threats in order to make "the pro wrestler" look better than he is? Looking over the opponents he has faced most look like pretty lackluster or has been fighters with poor records but i'm not well versed enough in MMa to truly gauge what his opponents levels are. Is Bobby Lashley someone who could be a serious title threat in Bellator or even someone who could be a serious threat in UFC?

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bobby Lashley: Legit threat or protected fighter?

Bobby Lashley is a weird case, big bad ass looking guy that you would think would draw big money, plus WWE career where he was pushed as a top guy, yet nobody really seems to know/care about this guy. I wonder why he's not a bigger draw. I do think he's been protected, but he's been in some of the most boring fights you could imagine against lower level guys, so it's not like he comes in and smashes guys or looks super impressive in his fights. They book him like he's some type of special attraction in MMA but the thing is he doesn't seem to be any type of attraction at all, one of those guys that eats up payroll while not drawing shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bobby Lashley: Legit threat or protected fighter?

I haven't watched his fights recently but from the past the guy just you to take them down and pound the fuck out of them till he gets a Finnish or he gets gassed. Then he just sits of them for the rest of the fight doing fuck all. A very dull fighter. To some him up I would say he's a poor s man DC.

Thread Information