Thread: WWE Promo of the Year 2017

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default WWE Promo of the Year 2017

We always talk about matches of the year. Why not give some attention to the promos? After all, they are very frequent on WWE programming and 2016 had some star promos.

I'll give the nod to both AJ Styles and John Cena for their promos at the contract signing for their Royal Rumble match.

Spoiler

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE Promo of the Year

Before I even clicked on this thread I was thinking something AJ/Cena related as soon as I saw the thread title.

Watching AJ's Most Savage Moments of 2016 made my jaw drop a little. AJ did not hold back in the slightest when it came to telling John what time it was. Some of the shit he said was so true. So very, very true.

Two stingers have been..

"You're movies are OK. Not the one's that you're starring in, but your cameo appearances are funny enough I guess"

"You'll never be as good as The Rock at acting and you'll never be as good in the ring as me!"

Ouch.

Talk to him, AJ! What else?!

I need more of this in my life.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's also John Cena's interview from the January 10th Smackdown, just before his match with Baron Corbin. It's short, but excellent.

I don't watch Raw, so any good promos from there would be much appreciated!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything Miz related

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    Anything Miz related
    True. Especially the one where he went off on Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Miz would be better suited on RAW. He's a terrible wrestler, but he can talk his ass off. Perfect for RAW. They can trade him for Sami Zayn.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    I think Miz would be better suited on RAW. He's a terrible wrestler, but he can talk his ass off. Perfect for RAW. They can trade him for Sami Zayn.
    To each his own, The Miz has become one of the most consistent performers in the company. He isn't as flashy as some of the other people in the company (as Daniel Bryan says he works "safe") but still he had in 2-3 MOTY performances last year (Extreme Rules, Backlash, No Mercy) so he isn't terrible.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely this one from The Miz:

Spoiler

I'm sure Bray Wyatt had a couple good ones this year but I'll have to do some digging to find them.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now last night you all... I mean earlier tonight you guys hurl-heard that the New Day, talking about winning the WWE Tag Team champions... being the t-becoming the WWE Tag Team champions, last summer, right here, in Brooklyn. Now what you all forget, sometimes, is that going into that match that the Prime Time Players were your tag team champions, w-going in. So every time I get draaaaagged back here to good ol' Brooklyn... I always get someone answering the same question. Whether it be one of them broke brothers from Bushwick, or one of them uppity hipsters from williamsburg. They ask the question: "Was that the worst day of your life?" I look at em. And I say no. That wasn't the worst day of my life, cause when I flash this million dollar smile, I tell ya right now baby, that was the BEST day of my life. It wasn't the worst day of my life cause I dropped the tag team titles, it was the best day of my life, because I dropped the dead weight that was Darren Young. Oh no no no, let's let's let's let's be real. There's no Ride Along - there is a reason there's no episode of Ride Along with the Prime Time Players. Pretty difficult to do when it's only one Prime Time Player. And he would not be relevant - Darren Young would not be relevant if it wasn't for me. Much like Jay-Z wouldn't be relevant if it wudn't for Beyonce. Oh yeah you booin', but it's true, think about it! Bob Backlund. How is Bob Backlund gonna make Darren Young great again, when he wasn't ever great to begin with? I would be all over the main event. You would be wearing my T-shirt. Hell, I would be your Universal champion right now, if it wasn't for Darren Young. Y'all wanna talk about some Bobbbb BACKLIN. Well tonight, I blame YOU Darren Young. I blame YOU for all the failures that I have not ha-no-had since I been here. I blame YOU for not being in the main event. I blame YOU for not being the WWE Champion. And I'll tell ya tonight, tonight. You come out here tonight so I can bury you, and be done with you, all together. Come on out here Darren Young, give these people what they want. They want you, come on out here. Come on, we gon' make Darren Young great again, come on Darren.

No response

I'll tell ya what's going on right now. Ol' crazy, wild-eyed, bobbb BACKLIN is back there tellin' him, don't go out there, don't go out there. Cause... he knows... damn well, that Darren Young is too stupid to come out here. So- ......

Crowd chants 'We Want Slater'

I want Darren. I don't know who y'all want, but I want Darren to come on out here. I want Dar-ren. Okay. That old crazy man please let this man come out here. I mean t-AY! Who is Bob Backlin anyway? Bob Backlund runs out Who is Bob Backlin? Who does Bob Backlin- Ay ay, don't you come out here. I will beat yo- drops mic
    THAT Titus O'Neil Promo.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE Promo of the Year 2017

I guess the purpose of this thread wasn't that clear - I intended it to collate the best promos of 2017 as the year goes by. Sorry about that. We could also vote for the best WWE promo of 2016. Maybe place nominations in here or in a different thread?

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    THAT Titus O'Neil Promo.
    God, I forgot about the greatness of this. I hadn't tuned into any contemporary WWE programming in years... decided what the heck, why not? on this night. And a few minutes after I tuned in and started paying attention, this promo gets cut. It was glorious.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miz should stay where he is. Sami Zayn is nothing more than a glorified jobber at this point.

I wish you and others would stop with the whole trade Miz for Zayn act. Miz has been a part of making Smackdown what it is due to his promos AND hehas proved himself worthy. Sure Sami can out wrestle him bu the majority of fans want the story telling aspect. geesh.

and I agree Zayn should be on Smackdown. some pairing should not be on the same show

KO/Zayn AND the 4 horsewomen to be exact , this early in the brand split only two horsewomen should be on a show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miz will never have this type of match in his career. He needs to take his ass to RAW because that's where he belongs.
    Last edited by mx518; 01-14-2017 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miz will never have this type of match in his career. He needs to take his ass to RAW because that's where he belongs.
    and Zayn will never deliver on the mic or portray a character the way Miz does, which is more important in WWE.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    and Zayn will never deliver on the mic or portray a character the way Miz does, which is more important in WWE.
    To be more specific, it's more important on RAW. It's kind of funny though that you watch a wrestling show just to watch a bunch of dudes talk shit to each other, the whole time.

If The Miz is as great as you think he is, then wouldn't you agree that he needs to be on WWE's flagship show, where he can grow his career leaps and bounds?

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Miz is a decent wrestler, and a great talker. He's a perfect mid-card act.

Only Cena plays his role better out of the full-timers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oof that's an outdated opinion man. Miz had been fantastic for quite some time now.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Oof that's an outdated opinion man. Miz had been fantastic for quite some time now.
    smh patrick stewart.jpg

spBALPq.jpg

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be more specific, it's more important on RAW. It's kind of funny though that you watch a wrestling show just to watch a bunch of dudes talk shit to each other, the whole time.

If The Miz is as great as you think he is, then wouldn't you agree that he needs to be on WWE's flagship show, where he can grow his career leaps and bounds?
    I prefer the total package and that is the Miz. and I enjoy Smackdown more then Raw lil mama

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Miz is the total package? For fucks sake ..

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he is

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry dude, he was part of some of the best matches in WWE during the year and I can't remember the last time he had a clunker.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Miz is the total package? For fucks sake ..
    You don't understand what a heel should be do you?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, I hated the Miz at first. I thought of him as a reality TV cast off that lucked into his spot in the E. I ripped on him a lot. But I've eaten my sh!t sandwich and admit that the guy is for real. He's damn good on the mic and is talented in the ring as well. Give the guy the credit where it is due.
    You call it a problem. I call it a solution.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
    To be fair, I hated the Miz at first. I thought of him as a reality TV cast off that lucked into his spot in the E. I ripped on him a lot. But I've eaten my sh!t sandwich and admit that the guy is for real. He's damn good on the mic and is talented in the ring as well. Give the guy the credit where it is due.
    See that I can definitely agree with. But people are arguing that he's fantastic and great, in the ring. I'd say he's average, a little above average.

Sorry dude, he was part of some of the best matches in WWE during the year and I can't remember the last time he had a clunker.
    I'm glad you're enjoying his run but I respectfully disagree.

Thread Information